• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX the bug of audio missing from export

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Hi @KinoKast,

Thanks for the version details. This issue was fixed in Premiere version 23.4. Please update your version from Creative Cloud and let us know how it goes there in the updated version. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. 

Happy to help, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 168 Replies 168
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow Adobe, you guys did it again. I am very frustrated with this one because it costs us time and money checking after rendering after rendering just to make sure the audio isn't missing! I don't want to export audio track just to overcome this issue. Please fix this asap! my clients blamed me already few times because of this specific issue and I just don't want to be blamed for something we didn't do. this just makes us lose the trust between us for not doing "the job". It happens way more than you can imagine.

This tends to happen with
1. a multicam clip after syncing two videos to a sound of a handclap or slate.
2. when an audio clip has some cuts but nothing is deleted

Those setups shouldn't even affect the audio tracks to begin with...
But you never know when this happens, it's super random.

This is a critical bug, period. freaking ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely unacceptable and still happening as of today. I was finished with my project nearly a week ago and yet I have been in export **** ever since! First with random issues such as "Error retrieving frame **** at time **" or "Bad allocation while creating disk aligned video frame."

Finally after enabling automatic system management of Windows Page Files on ALL DRIVES

I had a successful export which resulted in a useless file due to ANOTHER ERROR:

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of ****. Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

Finally after disabling writing XMP metadata the file exported successfully and now this audio issue!!!!

All of these problems appear to be YEARS old! Like others have mentioned I am very much looking toward using Davinci Resolve instead of this terrible software.

This trial & error BS is unacceptable for what should be the simplest part of the entire process! This video is 2.5 hours long and last took FIVE HOURS to export. I can't keep having to waste DAYS retyring failed exports (of course they always fail either at the very end of the process, or at least several hours into it)

And for some more data points

I am encountering this audio issue with files that are all 44.1 khz - exporting to 44.1khz, h.264 (don't even get me started on HEVC - seems to exporting fine and then boom computer crashes everytime at the end)

Adobe needs to seriously tackle these bugs, there is no excuse that these issues have existed for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pretty good workaround. If you find you're missing audio in your video.
1) Mixdown audio tracks into a .wav (or mp3, aac)
2) Use FFMPEG to replace the audio track of the video -- while copying bit-for-bit the video track to a new file (without rerending it.).

In command prompt (or Terminal for Mac users), run:

ffmpeg -i C:\videos\my-input-file.mxf -i C:\videos\my-input-file.wav -c:v copy -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 C:\videos\my-new-file.mxf

(Please note: You must install FFMPEG. Save the ffmpeg.exe, ffprobe.exe, and ffplay.exe into a location like C:\bin. Then add C:\bin to your PATH environment variable for your computer. https://windowsloop.com/install-ffmpeg-windows-10/)

I've included a .bat file (for Windows users) that can easily drag-and-drop your video file (i.e. C:\my-file.mxf) onto, and it'll merge it with the audio file (i.e. C:\my-file.wav) and output a new file (C:\my-file.new.mxf) in the source video's directory.

https://github.com/aidenvalentine/ffmpeg-replace-audio-track/blob/main/ffmpeg-replace-audio-track.ba...

I've also included a .reg file that'll add a Right-Click menu item to .mxf and .mp4 files called "FFMPEG Replace Audio Track" which runs the .bat file. For those of you that like a nice workflow.

https://github.com/aidenvalentine/ffmpeg-replace-audio-track/blob/main/Add%20Right-Click%20Menu.reg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for all the workarounds provided,
mine as said is to export wav and reimport then export video again,
but the truth is:
THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING IN A SERIOUS SOFTWARE I PAY EVERY YEAR!!!
this is a shame, sometimes we need to export and deliver ASAP, we can't recheck, and now I'm moving all my project elsewhere, but when really I have no alternatives and I have to use Premiere (today I do and I'm on version 22.4) and every time this stupid bug is there, and instead of fixing it you just messed up the export tab...

to FERGUS HAMMOND, here's a link to a project affected: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eDJDCupGhcmyw2iH0YA6qxwttewpplWD?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing how long this issue has been ongoing without a resolution is truly disappointing by Adobe!

I was having no luck with all the solutions others found on this thread. Instead for me, just by dragging the audio onto a new track below seemed to fix it. Hope this will help some others and save the time I wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked. I have now found a workaround that fixed it for me.

I placed another random audio clip at the same point as the impacted audio in the timeline. I then reduced the gain on the random clip so it cannot be heard and, for some reason, that make the original impacted audio register in the export.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I thought Premiere 22.5 that I downloaded today would fix it... but it didn't!!!!!
This is frustrating! It seems that the millennial engineers are worry more for how the suite looks rather than stability and performance. I have been getting a lot of issues when exporting, like video glitches and audio channels missing.
I still miss how Premiere Pro was the best editing program in the 90's. Now it gets worse every time it is upgraded.
I agree with all the bad comments in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "render and replace" option fixed mine as well. Now I'm having trouble with random frames disappearing. This is so frustrating, and it never happened on older versions. I may start looking switching to Final Cut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this morning, (after four successful renders) I had a similar audio export issue as has been described.

I uninstalled, re-installed premiere, then installed Ver 22.4 and still experienced missing audio in the renders.

Finally, I created a new sequence (in DNX 1080p), copied over the edits ran several test renders (which were successful), and then proceeded with one rendered sequence at a time and they were all successful. I hope this "fix" may help others.

Very frustrating, I spent way too much time arriving at a solution, especially with what I'm paying monthly for Adobe licensing.

Having been dealing with Premiere freezing for the past several months, and needing to use the Windows "taskkill" command to force a successful Adobe shutdown. Which requires a system reboot of the workstation (because Adobe will not restart otherwise) is way too time consuming and very frustrating.

I will say DeVinci Resolve is looking better and better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with 2 clips and when I put 30ch EQ effect on the export sound stopped on one of the clips. Took it effect off and it worked. NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is resolved when changing the export from VBR to CBR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CraIg Fitches I just tried using CBR and that did not help for me. @Fergus Hammond https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/users/6057344604-fergus-hammond Any help coming soon from Adobe to address this long standing issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aaron strange, it worked for me. Have you tried exporting to as a different file type, for example, Apple Pro Res? The only way you are going to get traction here is if the team can replicate the issue. The only way Adobe can replicate the issue is if you share your media files, project, export settings.

Have you also tried software and hardware encoding?

I would also suggest you share your hardware and driver versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am, it does export, and I can watch it on my computer... when I send the video on my phone you can't hear audio 1. It's SO FRUSTRATING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasted so many hours trying to fix this.
I had to do the audio only export and import the whole track back to the project.
Btw. I'm running version 22.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Sometimes it will work if I add 0.1db to the audio. But I'll render it another time with the exact same setting and I'll lose audio after 1 second. It seems to be a random bug that appears for no logical reason. This is extremely frustrating because some of my exports are 3 hours and it takes 90 mins to render and about 10% come out with proper audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant share my files as theres like 50+ gigs for a 3 hours render. The audio for my most recent render cuts out at exactly 1min-2min. There's no different settings or anything fancy. Just one audio track with some nature sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem right now on a very short (15 sec) project consisting of simply a few stills with transitions and one audio track. I'm running Premier 22.5.0 on Mac Studio with OS 12.3. If I import the MP4 back into Premier, it plays fine, but it will not play audio in Quicktime, nor will it play audio if uploaded to Vimeo. In each case, It only plays the first second or two of audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem right now on a very short (15 sec) project consisting of simply a few stills with transitions and one audio track. I'm running Premier 22.5.0 on Mac Studio with OS 12.3. If I import the MP4 back into Premier, it plays fine, but it will not play audio in Quicktime, nor will it play audio if uploaded to Vimeo. In each case, It only plays the first second or two of audio. I tried to upload the various files but they wouldn't upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem turned out to be not with Premier, but with the firmware of my Apple Studio Display. Apple just released an upgrade that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this bug today. this is on a PC so nothing to do with Apple Studio Display. Why did Adobe waste time with the export tab instead of fixing this! I built a template for several sequences that used the same audio tracks ane effects, now I have to redo the audio on all these projects, what a headache!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll join in. I seem to have no problem, but I find out otherwise when I offer it to the public and they have problems. In my case, one audio track seems to be bad. You can't even troubleshoot it. I'm also on Vimeo, on a Mac Studio. I've spent all Sunday afternoon trying to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the bug is still there with the latest 22.6.1, of course...
I feel I'll never trust the export function of premiere again.

I've seen that the bug is more frequent with the HLG files of GH5 and GH5S, they are H265 mp4, probably not related but maybe is of help.
At export wav soundtrack is there and random parts of the dialogue are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this for the past 9 months now, and it's getting ridiculous as it randomly happens and almost every time. The fastest and most reliable workaround I have been using is the "Render and Replace" function on the audio tracks which prevents the issue from happening, so I'm forced to do this every time before I export now, otherwise it might happen. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here also, same issue. I thought there was something wrong with my computer, but apparently it's a bug in Adobe. time to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines