• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I updated to macOS 10.12.2, the flickering issue still exist...

Apple claimed that the graphics issue will be fixed in macOS 10.12.2, but it seems not.

Here is the situation when I use premiere 2017.

Compuer config:

Intel Core i7 2.9 Ghz

Radeon Pro 460 / Intel HD Graphics 530

20161213_090627.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

I too can confirm the latest MacOS 10.12.3 update fixed the issue. Let it be noted, I've only edited a single 11min video in 4k, but, it was while using OpenCL with not a single issue.

From what I'm reading in this thread, it seems Apple and Adobe have fixed the issue. THANK YOU!

As an alternative note, using OpenCL didn't really realize any significant performance improvements over Metal. But, this was only a basic edit with no effects whatsoever.

I'm running the 15" 2.9GHz Radeon 460/4GB...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 267 Replies 267
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has suddenly got a lot worse! My whole desktop is now glitching out. Only got this MacBook Pro 15" yesterday (2.7Ghz Radeon 460).

I started getting the same problem in Premiere Pro CC last night which would freeze up my screen with the red pattern and crash the Mac.

I thought I'd see if I could get through exporting a 4K video this evening and half way through it must have crashed in the same way, not sure how long it was like that as I had walked away for 5 mins... so I hard rebooted. BUT when I got to my login screen I noticed that pattern from when it freezes was faintly emblazoned on the login screen. When I logged in my whole desktop started glitching out with that faint pattern.

Videos showing all of the above including first two crashes then the login screen and desktop as it is now are in the following Dropbox: Dropbox - Macbook Pro Problem

I'm totally gutted because I figured oh well I'm sure Adobe will find a solution soon and I'll live with it till then... but it seems to have corrupted something and now the whole Mac appears to be screwed! However I see reports of the desktop glitching on the early releases of the new MacBook but I've not seen any recent reports here. To confirm this desktop glitching is happening without any Adobe software running.

Regardless of what has caused this I'm now facing the reality of the long drawn out process of replacing the machine I just spent the last day setting up. So disappointed. Contacting Apple next.

UPDATE: Next day my desktop is back to normal again but I feel like I'm "working on thin ice!"

(Below: the pattern now flickering on my desktop even without Adobe software running - but caused by the crash while running Premiere - see video in Dropbox above)

Photo 5-01-17, 9 48 24 PM.png

(Below: original crash screen while playing down video in the Premiere timeline, only 1920 x 1080 H.264 video)

Photo 5-01-17, 9 49 12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel Core i7 2.9 Ghz

Radeon Pro 460

Same issue sue with me too. Every pro I know who has bought a new Mac has sent their MBP back to Apple If they use PP, not realising it's an Adobe issue. Ive just recalled mine from the repair shop and will sit tight for an update.

I get the Red Screen of death or a bizarre disco flickering every time I import and scrub through 4K.

Rameez can you pass onto the tech team that this is the quickest and easiest trigger I've found to break it.

I've always been thrilled with Adobe customer service in the past, with one of the chief engineers Steve Hoeg flying out to an OB I was working on to personally write a patch to fix our issues. As everyone is saying Rameez this needs to be sorted quickly and treated as  an absolute emergency for you guys, as you will have pro's deserting you in droves the longer this goes on, and undo all of the hard work you've done as a company to position yourself so well in the market.

I for one can't switch, as I'm halfway through a feature film, but if I weren't I'd be switching back to Avid fairly quickly andbi REALLY don't want to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I really had to finish something I switched to "Metal" one more time to see if it would work this time. This time I was able to work another 4 hours in Premiere (+ export) WITHOUT any glitches or crashes. Once I hit play, the preview monitor was very glitchy during the whole process (see attached image - multiplied screens and buggy windows for no reason) but at least it didn't make the computer freeze. I don't know if I just got lucky these fews hours and I know it doesn't work for a lot of you, but as a kind a of "emergency fix" it's worth trying for some of you to be able finish your project in Premiere for now.

File -> Project Settings -> General --> Change Video Renderer to "Metal"

metal.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an issue when editing with 4k footage or all? 

I'm in the process of upgrading my mac book pro but looking at these posts I'm thinking of holding off until a fix is found - it sounds a nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sueh6011233 it's not specific to 4K... mine first crashed with simply 2 minutes worth of 1920 x 1080 H.264 footage in Premiere. That's not the case for everyone but it's unpredictable. I've read of someone getting weird graphics glitches as soon as they installed the Creative Cloud app and hadn't even installed Premiere and other apps yet... whatever profiles Creative Cloud installs is perhaps causing the problem and Premiere just triggers it the most often? That's just guessing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry for your issues!

I'm advocating for all of you and have already passed the feedback to the Engineering Team. I'm sure this will be fixed soon.

sueh6011233​, it's not specific to 4K as mrjonkane​ said.

mrjonkane​​, I haven't seen any cases where the Creative Cloud app has caused this problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RameezKhan​ the reference I made was to the following post over at Macrumors forums: Graphic card freaks out with brand new MBP 2016 | Page 27 | MacRumors Forums  - Interestingly he found that going into "Color Profiles" seemed to temporarily reset the glitch he was having (though with the problem most of us are having we wouldn't get the chance to do that because the screen freezes entirely).

Another comment in that forum said "It's been stated several dozen times by experienced users that the 'glitch' is a Quartz rendering bug caused by the switches in the colour profiles and drivers." - not sure if that explains anything or relates to some way Premiere could be more likely to trigger whatever bug still exists. Apple thought they had got rid of it with the fix back in December but it seems they didn't dig deep enough, hopefully between your teams they can resolve it quick...

Just started a 30 day trial of Final Cut so I can at least work on something but I don't want that to be a permanent solution... I like Premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a short update of my support request regading the issue that is haunting us. Ive received a message from Adobe Germany today which translates:

"Unfortunatley this is a software bug. We are currently working on a fix with Apple. The only solution we can suggest for now is to install the prior version of CC Creative Cloud-Applikationen herunterladen und installieren  "

So, basically nothing new except that the plot thickens in terms of a software and NOT hardware error which would be good news for everybody experiencing this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schmollywood​ Hey that's interesting about reverting the previous version... only on mobile connection for the next few days and working off my 30 day Final Cut Trial (not finding it at all intuitive compared to Premiere I have to say!) - keen to hear if this eliminates the crashes for anyone so I can revert when I'm back home.

Here's the English version of the help page showing where to revert to previous versions (I never knew this option was there and assumed like iOS you couldn't revert so easily): Install previous versions of apps

Surely this will confirm once and for all if it is indeed a software issue triggering the glitches/crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update schmollywood​ - did they happen to say which prior version of the app would work? When I go to install previous versions in Creative Cloud, I have the following options for Premiere:

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 10.09.55 AM.png

Would 11.0.0 work or have they suggested to revert back further? Also interested if anyone has tried this yet to see what their experience is so far...really looking for a quick solution here until RameezKhan​ gives us the update that this has been resolved. Also, it would be nice if Adobe actually published this temporary solution (if it is indeed a viable option) other than using software render only (as that's not a real solution for most of us). Maybe they have? But I haven't seen anything here or elsewhere so far...

Looking forward to hearing others thoughts on this and getting this resolved ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. Very generic answer "For now we suggest installing a previous version". Isn't it great when getting advice from Adobe experts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth - when Adobe support remotely took control of my desktop and began making adjustments he himself requested permission to downgrade my software to a previous version. The version he downgraded to was CC 2015.4 10.4.0 (30) Build and I'm still experiencing this issue. It's safe to say that alternatively using a previous version isn't a wothwhile temporary fix. Worth a shot certainly, but on my system a waste of time sadly.

This is the same Apple technician who stated the following at the end of the same session, afer all this trial and error:

"I'll be honest with you here, this is a known issue happening on the new Macbook Pro's , The graphic( display)  unit  has some issues & causing that behaviour, We have notified Apple about this as well, so far this on one of the hardware components of the Macbooks, it's still being investigated to find solution" - 14th December, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro BTO 2017:

1tb, pro 460, i7 2,9

Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0) -- CRASH - glitch

Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.2) -- CRASH - glitch

Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.0.1) -- CRASH - glitch

Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1 - PERFECT

DaVinci Resolve Studio 12.5.4 - PERFECT

Avid Media Composer 8.7.0 - PERFECT

Autodesdk Smoke 2017 SF1 - PERFECT

REDCine-X PRO  42 - PERFECT

On timeline:

RED Weapon 8k .r3d

RED Dragon 6k .r3d

RED Weapon 8k .r3d

RED EPIC 4k .r3d

Prores 4444 2.7k .mov

Prores 422hq 2.7k .mov

Prores 422 2.7k .mov

Prores 422lt 2.7k .mov

Prores PROXY 2.7k .mov

Render to :

3840x2160

Prores 4444, Prores 422hq, H264(Bit Rate: 150 Mbps)

On a timeline:

Zooms 1-1000%, opacity 0-100%, color grades, blending mods, mirroring, crops, motions, feathers... REALLY HARD TEST, really.

1h 21minutes - timeline length.

Dear Adobe - You must know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that says it all Stan!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:

MacBook Pro late-2016

Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz

Intel HD Graphics 530

Radeon Pro 450

First experience of crash [video]:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Second experience [photo]:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Third experience [video]:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe, this is unacceptable.

After receiving my brand new MacBook Pro 2016 with the above specs only seven weeks ago it was barely two weeks before I was having to contact Adobe support due to this abrupt, flashing red glitchy screen interupting my professional edit sessions. After a very lengthy live-chat with your technician in which he remotely took control of my machine, readjusted Premiere settings, downgraded my software to CC2015 and ultimately admitted "I'll be honest with you here, this is a known issue happening on the new Macbook Pro's"

I've continued to encounter this extremely disruptive issue beyond the examples lonked above to the point where I'm now unable to confidently work on a single project without holding my breath waiting for the problem to reoccur (which it inevitably does), meaning I now have to pay for the hire of an alternative method in order to complete my professional projects. This is all despite paying a substantial amount of money for a product I'm completly unable to use.

• “This is unusable from an editors standpoint”
  • markt6544970

• “I was told by adobe support to use software only render..it has not crashed again...but 6 hrs to export a 15 clip is way too much”
  • agathepadov@gmail.com

• “Ive Installed almost nothing except for Adobe CC to keep the system as clean as possible for video editing which is my professional business.”
  • schmollywood

• “This is our livelihoods”
  • andykeil

• “…this one is starting to cost me quite some money. Here I am, new machine in front me, paying for a CC subscription but I can't even meet my projects deadlines”
  • kevinc94605330

I sympathise and agree with each of these users who have paid your company considerable amounts and what you've given in return is a product that does not work and does not meet the acceptable standards of a program fit for sale or purpose. It's under-developed. It's not ready and I'm very interested to know how you plan on compensating the industry professionals affected so far who've had to spend more of their own money resolving this mess themselves, all while you continue to point fingers and keep a firm hold on the subscription fees you've accrued. To have not even received so much as a generic e-mail apology for the inconvenience some customers may have been affected by is a disgrace.

Please consider this post an official complaint, because if these issues have or have the potential to cause any as yet unknown hardware, component or overheating defects in my new machine rest assured I'll be holding Adobe accountable to rectify it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my name and very frustrating, similar experience to this thread. I have hours invested into a PP project I cannot finish and must either push back client deadlines or more likely recreate in FCPX.

MBP Late 2016 - 15" 2.9GHZ - 16GB Ram w Radeon Pro 460

OS Sierra 10.12.2

CC17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrated as well and having the same issues with current projects. Deadlines are coming up soon and I'd hate to have to recreate everything with a different editing software.

MBP Late 2016 - 15" 2.9GHZ - 16GB Ram w Radeon Pro 460

OS Sierra 10.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who need a workaround, use - "Mercury Engine Software only" in project settings > general >video render. Slow but usable. I saw a report that someone at Adobe in Germany admitted this is a software issue, so now we wait to see how low it takes to resolve. I agree with those who feel that Adobe is not doing enough to ensure that sanctioned computers will run the software without major problems. And yes, I am happy to see the blowback on price. Why are we forced to pay for all the web creation tools when all we do is video sound and graphics?

I have been editing non linear since 1987 - started on the video disc based  CMX 6000. Edited on Avid with clients when it was 8 bit and a 600 megabyte drive cost 4k. Made a living using FCP 2, I baled on Apple when they stopped supporting FCP7 and moved to Premiere when FCPX was launched prematurely, so I have had my frustrations with all of them.

I have used laptops to edit for some time now because of the need for mobility. When I started using Premiere I gave up one the most fought for capabilities in editing software, namely the fluid, accurate video scrub, and I was burned by the GPU/CUDA debacle.  I know could have it if I ran a screaming 16 thread PC, but I don't. I was impressed with the FCP when I looked at it last year, with it's lovely video scrub on a laptop. This editor will probably be a better fit for me now. I will be sad to loose the color tools in Premiere, but my shooting is pretty dialed in these days and I don't really have to fix much. I bought FCPX with the new laptop  to learn at my leisure, but this incident has pushed me to stop procrastinating. My next job will be on FCP. Can't give up Photoshop/Lightroom, and will have to learn Motion...... Maybe I will retire soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer for Adobe support is just like making fun of its customers! It's a shame........ And I think RameezKhan​ is unfortunately playing with us and saving some time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW my postings are being moderated now.  someone at Adobe may not like my contributions to this thread it seems.... However, you are right Sam, that answer is some sort of bad joke. Also, when I received the support answer they also marked it as "case closed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are being moderated as well schmollywood -  I tried to post a helpful link to those trying to use FCPx while we wait for this fix. The post was rejected by the moderators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have to exercise caution with links to external resources. If we remove links it is because we are concerned about the content. Different moderators will exercise different levels of caution and so we invite you to resubmit your content if you feel a genuine mistake has been made.

Terri Stevens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last post was also moderated before being authorised. Hopefully a sign that this thread is now being paid attention to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Here I am on the third day of ownership of my very FIRST Mac... On this day I finally imported all my footage from SD card to external hard drive, downloaded my regular Adobe CC apps (Premiere, Photoshop and Lightroom) and got started editing in Premiere. I thought this was going to be an insanely cool experience as everyone and their mom knows that this is what Macs are made for (I'm coming from a 5 year old spec'd out VAIO). Spent over $3000 for my spec'd out MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Opted for the 2.9GHz i7, Radeon 460 with 4GB Ram and the 512GB SSD. I couldn't believe I spent that much on a computer... Anyways, 5 minutes into my very first edit and BAM! I got the colorful red and green flickering screen and a complete shutdown of the system. I had to hard shut down. The entire screen and system was stopped not just Premiere.

I then tried it again and again 6 times in total. All the same. Complete melt down. I then made the mistake of calling Apple support and wasted about 6 hours of my life. The weird thing is though that while I was talking to apple support and screen sharing with them, I opened up Premiere and couldn't reproduce the problem. I was editing just fine (albeit choppy and slow) while they were watching. Then I ended the screen share started Premiere back up and BAM! complete meltdown within 1 minute.

PLEASE ADOBE, FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP!!!!

I have no other 3rd party applications installed. This seems to be limited to Premiere only so far... Though I haven't had much experience/use with other apps on this machine.

This is devastating to me..........meltDown.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few weeks and still no update so I tried my luck by talking to someone at Adobe's support again.

Their solution:

Switch video renderer to "software only mode"

When asked if they're working on a "real" fix I got this:

"Radeon Pro 455 is not in the supported list for GPU acceleration." (with a link to https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html)

You may update the Graphic card driver and check if it helps".

So, okay, I headed over to:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Everything is for Windows and nothing there for the cards we're having issues with so back to square one.
I'm sure they're trying to help us but I'm so tired of all these different "fixes" and none of them actually solving this. Why isn't there one good statement about this and some news on WHEN to actually have this fixed. How can there not be a deadline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines