Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greyed out project file in Finder after saving

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Having this issue where sometimes my project file gets greyed out in Finder. After about 4/5 times of manually clicking 'Save' in the File menu it eventually saves normally. There have been instances where I completely forgot about it. Went to click Save and Close and was unable to open the project again, totally losing my work. 

Does anyone know what this can be casued by? I'm saving and working off of an external Lacie SSD with plenty of storage left. 

Any help much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Phil – does this happen only when you're saving it for the first time? Does it happen with .prproj that is saved on your actual computer? Haven't seen this one before, hopefully these questions can get us closer to finding an answer.

Happy to help!
Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi philf3991878,

What's the error that you get when you try to open the project? Also, are you able to to import the project file in a new project? Check if the Auto Save projects are working.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I am having the same issue. Has their been a resolution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to open the Auto-Saved file with no problem. Also, if I try to move the file I get this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing has been happening to me for 6 months. Are there no solutions yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance that the project is already opened? Does it only happen when using an external hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me. I am on Premiere 23.6.

Error is: "FILENAME can't be opened right now because it's being used by another task, such as moving or copying an item or emptying the Trash. Try again when the current task is complete."

I get the error if I try to open the project, copy it, trash it, anything. I am not copying it. I am not using it. I have rebooted and the situation is the same. It is on an external LaCie drive so I can not try this in safe mode (safe mode does not access external hard drives). I am able to use the auto save, but when I resave that in premiere, same issue. The original file could have been saved in Windows, I don't know what to look for to find this out (previous editor is unavailable). 

I even converted a good version of the premiere project file to a zip (by replacing .prproj with .zip), unzipped and opened the resulting file in a text editor. I don't see any weird corruption. 

Premier is not open and I don't know what's accessing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add I'm on a mac, Venrura 13.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well this is interesting, I can't copy the grayed-out file in Finder, but I CAN copy it using terminal and the cp comand...and the resulting file opens fine in Premiere. AND the file doesn't seem to be graying out whenever I save. However, that this happened in the first place, Adobe should probably check it out. And it might happen again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines