Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Weird Diagonal Lines in half clip

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon!

I am working on a project from quite a while ago, I am trying to update and spruce it up. It is from about a year ago so I am sure the version of premier was different. When I open the project it has me convert it to the new updated premier that I have currently. When I look on the timeline, the clips are all still there but half of them have these diagonal lines through them. The clip plays fine up until the lines, the it is just black video and will not continue playing. I opened other projects from the exact same day that I created a year ago and all of those clips in all other projects are fine. It almost cuts the clips in half...I tried to open an older version of premier to try and read them, I tried copying the clips to a new file and re-importing them into a brand new project and it would only import the clips up until those diagonal lines start, so I am only getting half of the clips. I attached a picture to show you what it looks like. Please help!

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 3.12.26 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all media cache like this:

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

rename folder the footage is in and relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

I only get as far as Application Support. There is no Adobe then Common in that file but in the project settings that is where it says it is going to.

I also tried the "Clean" in Media Preferences and then renamed and even copied the files to a completely different folder and opened a brand new project and it still is only bringing in half the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip number 9 should technically be almost 4 minutes long. It is only importing 47 seconds of it (the part that doesn't have the lines). Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 4.02.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera is this footage from and what type of footage is it? Are these spanned AVCHD clips (or another format) that was recorded to a card or have these clips all been converted to another format? That type of footage records multiple smaller clips and appears to be a single clip when you import it through the Media Browser. I'm wondering if the original clips have lost their folder structure which is why you're only seeing partial bits of footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is from a Sony Z7U, recorded to an SD card, in an M2T format and these files are straight off the card. I haven't messed with the files or clips in at least a year, and they worked great when I did. I obviously have deleted the files off the SD card but had the original files in a "backup" folder but they still show up like that. Do I need to convert them to something different? I have never had to convert in the past so I don't even know of a good converter to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to convert anything, but if you wanted to you have access to Adobe Media Encoder which works great. The main question is if you altered the folder structure of the footage. The way these cameras record footage is very specific, and if you alter the folder structure you can mess things up. Usually there will be a PRIVATE directory right inside the SD card. If you want to back up the footage then that entire directory, including the PRIVATE folder must be backed up into another folder. It must mimic the SD card structure. Can you reveal one of those messed up clips in Finder or Explorer and take a picture of your entire folder structure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this a bit odd. The camera is a hdv tape camera, must have had a recording unit attached. m2t is mpeg2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external SD card recorder that hooks onto the back of the Camera. It is what I have always used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MacLive,

Have you resolved the issue? Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG-20230329-WA0007.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue in Premiere 24024. Premiere loses reference to the footage and even when relinked, starts each clip from the first frame of the original footage even though the clips start later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but as stated, the problem is still there on Premiere 24.1.0 so it hasn't benn resolved apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are now on build 24.3

Might want to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had a similar issue. Turns out I had accidentally linked the same media to multiple locations.

For context, 'Box 1' was looking for 'Audio 1', and 'Box 2' was looking for 'Audio 2', but I had set both 'Box 1' and 'Box 2' to look for 'Audio 1'.

To fix this, I set the box displaying diagonal lines to Offline, then relinked to the correct file and it sorted itself out throughout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines