• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move short clip to playhead?

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem. It is very difficult to move any short clip at large zoom.

3r8qrU7.jpg

This clip has a width of 1 pixel and it is difficult to hook.

ytIt811.jpg

Can there be a command for "shifting the selected to the playhead"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but lock the tracks you don't want to trim/move, place the playhead and then hit the "W" key.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know what you are. But I need to move the clip to another place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would move everything that is downstream as well, which I don't think is what he's after, unless he manually moves the clip to its own track, targets that track, and locks everything else - pretty cumbersome.

What he's looking for is a good feature to have. After Effects has it, and I miss it at times in Premiere.

This would be significantly mitigated (along with several other issues) if Premiere had a single-click solution to solo-target a track, instead of clumsily having to set up presets or manually toggle a bunch on and off.

Currently, the quickest way to achieve this is to copy, toggle all tracks off (may require 2 executions), then click on the correct target, and then paste - pretty damn clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

place the playhead and then hit the "W" key.

That would alter the duration of the clip, not move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm . . . does what the OP wants on my system:

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What command installed on this W button?

I have another function already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

r2-no-d2  wrote

What command installed on this W button?

Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi r2-no-d2,

Can you please mark MtD's response as "Correct?"

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan  wrote

Hi r2-no-d2,

Can you please mark MtD's response as "Correct?"

Thanks,
Kevin

I don't think he should do that because that isn't the correct answer. It'll only be correct in the instance where, like the demo video posted by Meg the Dog, there is only 1 clip to the right of the playhead.

If r2-no-d2 follows that suggestion, it will also move all the clips that are downstream of his desired clip, and that is not what he wants (in his screenshot he has clips downstream, and he clearly doesn't want to move them too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think that a feature request would be the correct answer then?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Eikonoklastes. If this methode was to be used in other instances it would be a disaster.

And no it would not be a good feature request, because there are many good ways to move the 1 frame-clip.

I would go for Assumed Answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Meg, the video isn't appearing for me in Firefox Nightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link on Vimeo:

W2Playhead on Vimeo

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh, I get it.

(P.S.  Deep voice for a chick...Meg. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. But if there are other clips beyond the one he wants to move, they'll all move back accordingly. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a one click solution to what he's looking for. It would be very helpful if the guys at Adobe consider adding this feature in future updates, a shortcut to "Move selection to playhead".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom in on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At zoom can not see the destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about cut and paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works, but it requires each time to monitor the activity of the tracks, otherwise the content will be overwritten.

I want something more simple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no "easy" way to do this.  Probably the least troublesome is to zoom in close enough to select the clip, Cut it, move to the destination and Paste it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

r2-no-d2: What you want is a command like Nudge  Clip to Playhead. Doesn't seem that bad to request. How did these one-frame clips end up on the timeline to begin with? Are they the result of trimming?

Assuming they don't already exist as one-frame footage items in the Project panel, zoom in on them and then drag them one by one into a bin in the Project panel so that they become footage items. Now target the track you want them to appear on. Position the playhead and then press Shift+O to open the selected clip in the Source monitor and press period (.) to place it on the targeted track in the timeline at the position of the playhead.

While this may be cumbersome for a clip here and a clip there, if you've got several of these, then it's not too burdensome to try this on all such clips at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This clip is not "one-frame". Its length is 15 seconds. But at large zoom very difficult to select it, because it becomes very thin. And cursor always enters Trim mode.

ytIt811.jpg

While the most useful method is the clipboard. But I already used it before the forum. And I wanted something quicker in a complex project..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is anything quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you did say "1 pixel" and I read that as one frame. Try to maximize the panel by double-clicking the panel/tab name — or by pressing the accent-grave (tilde) key. I use that keyboard shortcut all the time to get the most real estate as I can for my panel and so I can zoom in on something really small. Pressing that key toggles the zoom back to how the panel was sized before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines