• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off Multiple Projects in Premiere pro?????!?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I dont like the feature opening multiple projects..
I find it VERY messy and make mistakes very fast..
Is there a way to turn this off?
Adobe is forcing me to use the multple projects.. I Dont want this at all!

Mod: It is against our community guidelines to condone the use of internal debug tools. These are not meant for customers to use. Comment has been removed.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way i am aware is to only use one project at a time. If i open Project A and need to make a change to Project B i simply close Project A and open Project B and when done, close Project B and open Project A again. By doing this i only have one project open at a time. It´s a workflow thing. Ignoring to close projects and just open up project after project is a recepie for problems, at least for me and that´s why i always avoid it. 🙂

The direct answer is: As far as i know there is no Preference setting to stop the end user from opening multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. It's frustrating as hell.

Also, Averdahl, changing 25years of muscle memory to ''simply close project a before opening project b'' isn't helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Averdahl, changing 25years of muscle memory to ''simply close project a before opening project b'' isn't helpful.

By @Toldorn

I understand that, but since it´s not possible to disable this feature i was just trying to share a way to avoid issues. Since you are frustrated as hell by this feature trying to change the 25 years of muscle memory may be a good idea until it get´s fixed, if it ever does.

To see a change, follow the links Peru Bob provided earlier in this thread and upvote the request or create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Close All Projects is what I use. You get used it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I jusst bought a copy of Davinci Resolve... To quote your piss poor support ''I'll get use to it''.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[quote]

Dear David,

Greetings of  the day

Thank you for contacting Adobe

As per the chat interaction I would like to inform you that, we do not recommend our users to alter the applications interface with the debug work flow, so it has been removed from the latest version of the application, if you still wish to do so, i would suggest you to please roll back to the 2020 version.

Please feel free to contact us back, we are more than happy to help you

Need further assistance kindly reach out to our Technical Support at 1-800-833-6687 (Monday to Friday, 5 AM to 7PM PST) for assistance. You can find the support options on http://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks for working with us, 

Adobe Customer Care  [/quote]

piss poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. If you have not upvoted the feature request already, please add your voice. I apologize if this mulitple projects feature gets your goat that badly. I didn't mean to be flippant. I know how rote memory is. I let the engineers know. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, when you work in a production house that multiple operators working across multiple machines and sometimes on as many as 15 projects at a time, to work out which bin belongs to what, which project conttains which asset, and on which machine ... it's a terrible 'feature'....and i use the word 'feature' quite quite wrongly.

Why theere wasn't an official simple toggle off is beyond me.

I didn't care that much whilst the debug mode fix worked - but to disable that with no alternative is beyond frustrating. There are lots of requests to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your request is worthwhile, so, please put in the feature request precisely as you'd like it to work, OK? A preference probably could work, I think. That said, I am not an engineer, a manager, a head of anything....nor am I even on the Premiere Pro team. 

That said, I am a customer advocate for Premiere Pro. I have told you how to get their attention and I let them know of your issues. So, I have the engineer's attention on the User Voice post at the top of the page (there are others too, if you search). Please let me know if there's anything more I can do to facilitate that exchange.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did make a post on there --- then they deleted it and scolded me in an email for posting about the console and debug tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request for "a preference to swich off multiple projects" without mentioning the debug tools, can't you? Please try again focusing on what you actually want the feature to do and I will try and add some detail for the team ASAP. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is already there, but it's not working since the last 2021 version.

I think it's a bug. 

[text deleted by mod]

Please do not use the internal developer tool to change the application. It is against the corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For [text deleted by mod] to start, we ask Adobe staff to restart this service again. If some people do not like working with multiple projects at the same time, please enable this service to enable or disable it from the settings as before. Sincerely, Adobe users.

Please do not use the internal developer tool to change the application. It is against the corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

Please post your request here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?query=multiple%20projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines