• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Sequence not working after Oct 17 update

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated CC today. I'm sharing work with a colleague via importing sequences. This has worked perfectly until today, could be a bug to do with the new multiple projects feature?

Premiere opens the Import Project dialog as usual:

Import_Project.png

Then, as usual, I select the sequence I want to import:

Import_Premiere_Pro_Sequence_and_Import_Files.png

Click OK...

... and nothing happens.

We have tried to import sequences from updated and previous versions of CC. We used the Import... dialog as well as dragging and dropping from the Media Browser. We tried a different machine (MacPro 5,1 & iMac 5K Retina Late 2015), both running OSX Sierra 10.12.6

Please help! It's a live project and we'll loose a day's work if we have to revert to the last version of CC.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hey guys! it seems that in the new release (12.1), the problem was solved. Do you confirm? i tried quickly on my mac with an example workaround and everything works well! What about on windows?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got to to work by selecting “allow import of duplicate media” in addition to “create folder...”

Have you tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of worked for me. It allowed the sequence to import, but all of my clips are blacked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are likely to have ‘allow duplicate clips’ disabled in the Little hamburger dropdown on the Media Browser tab.

I think PP obeys the setting and does not import duplicate clips but fails to tell you that it means it can’t import the sequence (as there are non-duplicate clips).

Sequence & Bin interchange is way harder in PP than it should be. They should take a look at how Avid does it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a business account (with my company) and this is also happening to me. It's fine since I have access to the project and can just render it out and import it as a video but I will be downloading 2017 to work on from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, reeeeeeally annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok wait a second. I have the simplest solution ever.

In the last release of CC if I just open the project AND then open another project without closing the first one, the 2 coexist together on the workspace. So I can them see both and pick any sequence I want. Sure, it means that Premiere also opens all the files and sequences I don't need from project #2, and I have to be careful not to modify the original sequence, because it would effect also that project once you save. But if I just copy and paste it works fine.

Or so it seems to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francesco: Thanks for posting your solution. I have been wondering why people are importing sequences instead of just opening the project files. Are people unaware that, since the October 2017 release, you can now open multiple projects at the same time?

Open multiple projects and share on a network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan: Can you explain how the feature you suggested (Open multiple projects and share on a network ), would work to share sequences between editors WITHOUT an enterprise / team account and WITHOUT duplicating media clips in the project (which is what happens in my experience when you copy and paste clips from one project to another)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Regarding your comment to Francessco

I have to say that I'm shocked to hear you say this. Firstly it's more than a little rude as it shows you haven't read the strand or at least understood it. Secondly if you were 'wondering why people are importing sequences' why on earth didn't you say so when you sent the bug report form back in November? You didn't even have the manors then to write an accompanying comment...terrible customer care Stefan and a little smug if I may say. I find it incredible that a company like Adobe would let one of its members of staff talk like this to customers

There is a very obvious problem here and one that needs fixing. I feel the problem is that many people will be working on copies of the same project but on seperate drives. The difficulty comes when you want to make sure your projects are mirrored at the end of each day. The best way, (and way we used to do it on CC2017 was to just take whatever sequence the other assistant/colleague/editor had been working on and import or copy it into your project so you can use it/ have it for reference the next working day etc. There was no fuss and no additional mess with duplicate clips coming in. This is the way a multitude of agencies and companies work because they don't have shared media/ large storage networks. Its a MASSIVE part of your community so you should be listening to them.

If you are expecting professionals and production houses to start using this as standard within their industries then you should be bending over backwards to fix these bugs. Why did Adobe take this away in the 2018 update? As many have said on this thread we need to be able to import sequences for a variety of reasons and Adobe shouldn't expect a huge part of their loyal market to pay extra for something as simple as importing a sequence that was free before, there is absolutely no need.

I think its high time that companies like Adobe started to value their customers rather than fob them off with lazy remarks from its staff. Lastly, you should be especially nice to the newcomers  because they are the future and key to your product evolving and surviving...'oldies' like me are hardened and happy to walk away when we want!

Now can you actually offer a polite or even helpful explanation without posting yet another form?!

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer. One editor will need to add another editor's sequence to their own project.  It's a standard workflow for post-production shops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for others, but I am aware of opening multiple project files and copying-pasting from one project to another.  However, that is not an option anymore for us as it leads to an equally frustrating bug: it will bring in many, many (like 5-10x) duplicates of folders and media and throw the whole project panel into disarray and chaos.

Multiple Projects Open, Dragging files from one to another creating problems

Importing via Media Browser in previous versions was smart enough to check the destination project for already-existing folder structures and media from the items being pasted and would only bring the necessary items that were not in the destination project, while also placing the new items into the correct folders if the folder structure matched between the two projects.  This is no longer the case, and in advanced complexity projects with deep levels of folder hierarchy and hundreds of media files, getting 5x duplicates of media is not an option.

If copy-pasting from one project to another were to result in the same, proper behavior as the old Media Browser import function, that would be the best solution by far, but that has not been our experience.

It's also too bad this thread is now marked as answered, the original problem has not been fixed, just worked around (and even then, the solution has issues).  This will lead to less visibility on the issue when it still needs to be fixed properly.  Edit:  Looks like this has been changed back to Not Answered, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Importing sequence in the latest version of Premiere on a Mac is not working for our teams either.  Regardless of the method of importing (via media browser or via File / Import) we get a dialogue box that says the sequence is being imported and then nothing happens after the dialogue closes.

I completely agree with @dhgb.  Opening two projects and copying sequences is a workaround, but causes media duplication chaos, and isn't an effective solution..  Cleanly importing sequences between projects via the media browser is essential for our workflow.  Would love to see a fix to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having the same sequence import issues.

As a feature editor, having the ability to import sequences through the media browser is crucial for projects where you don't have the benefit of working from the same server as your assistants. With such a large project, the media headache caused by copying and pasting sequences from another open project makes this an unworkable solution. Please address!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue also.  The Premiere 2018 update has cost me several days of lost work.  I'm editing a feature documentary with tons of footage and I've had to re-conform all of my media several times.  Now I can't even import a sequence between my assistant editor's system and my own!?  I've heard some comments online saying "just use Team Projects," but importing was working fine until now and that would cost us additional money.  Adobe shouldn't be releasing such buggy updates.  We expect the software to work better, not worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here with the latest version of Premiere 12.0.0 (build 224). This is a really bad bug. How has it been months and Adobe not addressed this? It makes collaboration a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I urge anyone, who hasn't done so yet, to please submit a bug report:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

That's the only way we will get this on the developer's agenda.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here, AFTER updating to 12.0.1

Workaround by FrancescoRossi works. Thank you! Saved my live. But still the bug persists. I have sent a bug report, but it seems to me that we desperately need a 12.0.2 quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh before I forget: A related bug since my update to 12.0.1:

I can't import psd files as a sequence any more. If I choose to merge all layers, everything is fine.

So maybe Premiere has a problem to import assets with more than one video track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I'VE GOT THE SOLUTION!!!!

If you try to import like me your sequence from project to another using media browser (using the new feature drag and drop in multiple project duplicate all media in the root project), you simply have to flag in preferences --- Multimedia object menu --- "allow duplicates during importing project". I'm using the italian version so i don't know the real english translation. It work for me and i think that i't will works for you!

using this method all media relative from the sequence go your specific folder and not in the root project folder as you do drag and drop between two opened project. Here's the picture!

premiere.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this solution! I just tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I guess I have to keep looking and praying that 12.0.2 will be coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that Premiere is actually importing what you're asking it to but not showing them in the project window for some reason.  But have actually imported.  I have found that if that is the case creating a new folder or item magically makes them appear.  Kind of like the Finder glitch with new items and servers on a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Maybe because I work on a PC? But one thing strikes me: Premiere seems to try to import the sequence. There even is a progress bar for a short moment. But then it disappears and nothing has been imported (or the imports are not visible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also not confirm the invisible import. I created bins etc, but nothing appeared. Also, looking in the project file, there are no signs of the imported media or sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I'm seeing this behavior in CC2018 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way to import is via media browser but it still brings in tons of revovered media and phantom bins. It’s a huge problem that they need to fix. But you can import sequences this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines