Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importer returned bad result. Error code: 5

Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a project off of an SSD drive (the project file and all of its source files are on that same drive). I've been editing this project on and off for about a year now with no problem. A few weeks ago, I opened the project and tried to render the timeline so that editing is smoother (as I've always done before) and was met with this error code.

It starts off rendering as usual at first but then abruptly stops at the same point in the timeline and yields this code. I've tried rendering another sequence within the project and got the same error code just at another timecode on the timeline. I also have been getting multiple 'Error retriving frame...' and 'Substituted frame...' error mesages upon initially opening the project. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling premiere multiple times, but that hasn't solved the problem. I even selected 'Delete Preferences' when uninstalling premiere, then reinstalling it to no avail.

The weird thing is, I tried plugging that drive into another PC and didn't receive that error message and was able to successfully render the full timeline. However, when I edit off of my machine, it's been giving that error message consistently. 

error message.PNG

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is on the timeline at the timecode listed in the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to delete render files from sequence, and render again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try a different preview codec such as Prores 422 LT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines