• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Encore with CC is no longer available

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Encore. All Tutorials say to install CS6 for that, via the "earlier Versions" Function in CC. But I can't choose CS6, as seen in the Screenshot below.

Screenshot (406).PNG

[Title edited to reflect Adobe's new policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

You can use Encore now only if you have an old perpetual license. It is no longer available as part of a subscription

If there are any options available to you, you can contact customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are not alone so do I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same man used it for fiver gigs and now i cant do my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only create MP4 videos which can be watched on a variety of  devices.

Just because you dont need DVDs, doesnt mean, noone else does. Physical mediums are not that long dead, that you shouldnt have any way to burn some with my expensive subscription. It's kind of stupid, that I have to buy Premiere Elements, to create a DVD, after I already paid for the "Pro" version of that same Software.

When I produce a Video for a client, I will deliver it in the form, that they want, thats what they pay me for. If they ask for DVD, even though it is of worse quality, I will still deliver DVDs.

Did you happen to own a copy of PR CS6 or earlier? That would still allow you to use Encore. But if you only  had it through the subscription, you are correct.

Yeah, they wanted you to buy CC with the promise, that you can get CS6 too.

Does that also mean, that I cant trust Adobe to support their software? So it is a really risky investment to save my projects in Premiere Format, because for all I know, in 5 years, they can pull Premiere, and for no money on the world can I open those projects ever again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paross222  wrote

You can't use it any more or you assume liability.

Did you happen to own a copy of PR CS6 or earlier? That would still allow you to use Encore. But if you only  had it through the subscription, you are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some real crap one of the only reason's I use this package is encore so now I must find something else to use and cancel this subscription when its time to renew, the constant updates are getting old chasing new features and removing useful ones this is a bad model and very disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humble Bundle is doing a deal: get Sony Vegas DVD architect for 30 or so quid. Also includes Vegas Pro 15, Soundforge, Hitfilm, and a number of other video related products. Plus your money helps a charity.

Won't break the bank, and DVD Architect is a good replacement for Encore.

Humble Software REBundle: VEGAS Pro Even More Creative Freedom (pay what you want and help charity) 

Here is the DVD Architect product page:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/dvd-architect/#productMenu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the frickin world is wrong with Adobe? Don't they realize that Blu Ray extras don't come with an mp4. HDR video is FAR too large to stream, as internet speeds are not fast or wide enough to handle the data. You need a disc!! Hotels play DVDs for hotel channels. When the internet is out and I can't watch Netflix, I get out the....dunh dunh dunh...Blu Rays! Whodda thought?

It was bad enough to not update Encore but at least we could still create what we and our clients need. Just because you don't think that's the way the world is going doesn't make it true. Hard copy will ALWAYS be needed. You want to make a business tanking decision? Keep making decisions for us instead of listening to us. God..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long would you expect Adobe to make Encore available?  There are other programs that can create DVD's and Blu-ray's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since they promised it with our subscription when we renewed, until our subscription ends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't offer the seamless integration of premiere & photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As discussed above, Adobe no longer offers or makes Encore available – either to CC subscribers or as a perpetual product for sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we know. Licensing issue with Dolby. But they're cutting their noses off. I'm willing to bet they will lose a lot of re-subscribers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools  schrieb

As discussed above, Adobe no longer offers or makes Encore available – either to CC subscribers or as a perpetual product for sale.

We know that. Doesnt make it better, that you have literally no option to get it.

Because just cutting availibility for something implies, that I may not be able to open my Premiere Project in a years time without warning and no way with all the money in the world to open those projects ever again. Which is not reassuring at all, when I pay so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My response wasn't actually to you... It was to Michael above, who asked, "How long would you expect Adobe to make Encore available?"

But in actual fact, whether any of us like it or not, they are not "just allow[ing] us to use the version they made"... Rather, they have declared CS6 (plus other releases) unauthorized and unlicensed for all CC subscribers:

Adobe Restricts Download and Use of Older Software Versions

It's only if you have an original perpetual license that it's technically & officially still allowed to use the version they made (and used to offer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i renewed in February i was told i'd have access to prior versions and counted on Adobe Encore as part of my subscription. It is my thinking now that Adobe broke their contract and i should be able to cancel the subscription now legally without penalty.

Any thoughts from people here? If i can legally get out of the subscription contract without penalty, i'm gone. Will only subscribe to Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe probably has a lot of lawyers and they didnt make a mistake in your License agreement there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they did. They aren't delivering what i subscribed to. Don't you think the annual subscription (paid monthly) constitutes a contract? They supply service, i pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course its a contract. But when you started that contract, there was a lot of fine print, where Adobe probably thought of this situation and wrote a few paragraphs in there, so this does not constitute a breach of contract.

I agree with you, but I'd honestly surprised, if Adobe left themselves in the open like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want, you can change to a different form of payment – PayPal, prepaid card, etc.

But regarding legal action, you probably wouldn't get too far... Per the Creative Cloud Terms of Use that we all agree to in using the software:

17.2. Updates to the Services and Software. We may modify, update, or discontinue the Services or Software (including any portions or features) at any time, without liability to you or anyone else. However, for changes to paid offerings, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the modification, update or discontinuation. If we discontinue the Services or Software in its entirety, we will also allow you a reasonable time to download your Content and we may provide you with a pro rata refund for any unused fees for that Service or Software that you prepaid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talked with customer service. They cancelled the current subscription and renewed it for 1 year at a $29.99 + tax instead of $52.99 + tax and gave me a refund on the current month. Now that's customer service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a project for my school and most people have requested a dvd, not blu-ray or mp4 file. I used to have a functioning version of Encore, but just found out yesterday it does not work anymore. I get ERROR 1 when I try to start Encore. I contacted Adobe customer support and got stonewalled. All they would say was we no longer support Encore and I would say I just need it to work for a current project. I was told to use another program.

Adobe really knows how to burn bridges with its own customers. I have been a loyal customer for 20 years and seriously rethinking this relationship. I don't know who's making these short-sighted decisions but they need to be replaced. The workflow was relatively easy with everything within Adobe products. Now to burn any kind of disc you need to use a 3rd party and that can be clumsy.

I have another professional editing software on my computer and am now being pushed in that direction. It's too bad that Adobe chooses to alienate its customer base by making such penny-pinching decisions. It's not the first time this has happened to a large corporation, so I guess we all have to adapt. I just might adapt by cancelling my subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years for me too, and all those years down in the drain ...

it‘s just so hard to accept that we can’t continu to use the software that we own, simply because we can’t re-install it because we are not able to re-install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not own it.  We are renting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael StehlyWe do not own it.  We are renting it.

Which is also a really big problem, that you cant own the software anymore! But thats another topic to discuss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines