• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Creative Cloud 2015 fully compatible with El Capitan (OS X 10.11)?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if the early adopters out there -- you know who you are -- are having any issues with the new version of Mac OS X and the latest builds of the Adobe appsbeta

There are a bunch of reports on the web of problems with early Beta versions of El Capitan, but nothing recently -- and certainly nothing I can find since the OS' release this morning.

I'm torn: I want to upgrade immediately. But I also know the rule about waiting for the 0.1 update before updating system software...

Some positive reports would go a long way to ease my fears....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

WG,

Just wondering if the early adopters out there -- you know who you are -- are having any issues with the new version of Mac OS X and the latest builds of the Adobe appsbeta

We aren't recommending installing it yet if you're using Premiere Pro CC 2015.0.2, or earlier: Premiere Pro CC and OS X El Capitan | Premiere Pro work area

Stay tuned to the team blog for updated info.

If you have installed it already, you may run into issues related to the new version of OS X. There are always some issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now nothing has been reported or announced, in case after release if any issue crops up then we will be announcing it along with the fix also.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will a Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan compatibility statement be issued by Adobe?  Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan has been in beta since June and the final release came out today and there's still no compatibility statement from Adobe?

In particular, will Adobe CC 2014 apps be compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan? Inquiring minds want to know and they want to know now please.

Thank you in advance,

az

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though there is no fixed date for this but it will be soon in near future.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we still have to pay for our subscription to the Creative Cloud if the Creative Cloud is NOT working???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know too because since I updated, my Adobe Creative Suite doesn't work - I have tried everything................. paying for something I cannot use......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything................. paying for something I cannot use......

See Post 67. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get that checked for you & update you. Have you contacted support Contact Customer Care, if yes, please let us know the case number so that it can be escalated.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Dec 18 now. Are there any updates about how to fix the issue of the blank creative cloud dropdown with mac el capitan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheris96055495 wrote:

It is Dec 18 now. Are there any updates about how to fix the issue of the blank creative cloud dropdown with mac el capitan?

is the problem you're taking about being discussed in this thread?

Blank drop down box with El Capitan

Can you reinstall the CC app?

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Have you tried the CC removal tool and then reinstall?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Have you tried installing on a "clean" administrator user account?

Have you tried reaching out to Adobe tech support online directly? 

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it looks like something went wrong with your Adobe's applications. After I updated my OS to 10.11 (El Capitan) creative cloud stop working properly. First it doesn't show me Fonts and Files. After hours spent with Adobe's engineers and Typekit engineers, they managed to broke creative cloud for good. Now it simple shows a blank page. I have no option available, cannot see apllications installed or that might need update. And for more fun, InDesign stopped working. All InDesign versions are not working at all: InDesign CS6, InDesign CC and InDesign CC2015. Hmm, same goes for Illustrator and Photoshop. Lucky me I open them as well to see if it is happening only with InDesign.

Great job indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get creative cloud to work at all under OSX10.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue than you.  Try this Re: When Creative Cloud starts to download it stop.  It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Until then you can refer Apple Announce OSX El Capitan to improve the Performance of Adobe CC Apps

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to happen? Right know you can't even scroll smoothly on some Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 10.11 this morning and I'm seeing issues saving files types out of Acrobat. When I try to save a post script file from Acrobat it tells me "The document could not be saved. This file cannot be found." Same error occurs if I try to save a PDF out as a .eps file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having lots of issues. Some are the result of Suitcase Fusion being currently incompatible with ElCapitan. But others (like InDesign not opening anything but the tiniest files) are definitely CC issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! So now do we not only have to wait for Adobe, but we have to wait for Extensis, too?!
I thought the whole point of developer previews was to give them plenty of time to update software to work with updated operating systems. The beta was released in June. It's October folks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not like these companies don't charge a premium price for their software. If they were a part-time 'bedroom coder' you could understand the delay, but I always find it extremely annoying when these multi-national software companies aren't ready on the day of release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I always find it extremely annoying when these multi-national software companies aren't ready on the day of release.

How long would you be prepared to wait for any updates?

You are under the naive illusion that Adobe and Apple are best of friends.!  Apple does not give a toss about Adobe or the users of Adobe software.

There are many co relationships involved with complex software such as PPro. I cant imagine either company sharing their new versions for testing purposes too much in advance.

Anyone leap frogging their important working  apps with O.S updates of dubious added value...are going against best  computer use practice.

Every Mac OS update for as long as I remember has had  the same compatibility issues until it gets sorted ( again and again and again)...yet Mac Users rush in boot and all ( again and again and again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooterns: Seriously? Whether Apple and Adobe are "friends" or not is irrelevant. Apple issues Developer beta versions of the OS at least four months in advance of public release just so any tweaks or bugs can be worked out PRIOR to the release of the new OS. Most software publishers were ready by Day 1 with updated software (or at the worst, Day 1, plus one week). Microsoft and Adoba are the two major offenders, with both Creative Cloud and Office 2016 crashing like crazy.

I agree that you shouldn't update mission-critical computers until you're CERTAIN your mission-critical apps are compatible. But don't lay this off on Apple alone. Adobe should be able to do better than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooterns: Seriously? Whether Apple and Adobe are "friends" or not is irrelevant. Apple issues Developer beta versions of the OS at least four months in advance of public release just so any tweaks or bugs can be worked out PRIOR to the release of the new OS.

Seriously - yes.  and maybe they Adobe also could do better. Yes.

But ...Whose bugs are in the beta OS version? Apples? Adobes?  ( Adobe dont do operating systems).

So what is Apple doing that affects Adobe applications ...everytime...that requires an Adobe and other Developers to  "fix" every time. I will guarantee nothing that enhances professional video editing or imaging experience. I would argue...why do these updates in a pro environment.  I know plenty that dont.

Conversely..to your "4 month advance notice"  argument...what does Apple ever do to maintain application working states that have worked for at least the same time prior.

I recently  discovered in my WIN 7 Suite that it was working (perfectly) with latest version CC2015 and yet it did not even have Service Pack 1 installed and it had 2 drivers about 3 version out of date.  How's them apples?

Dont get me started on Driver updates!!!  They are all about "Gamers" experience enhancements  and bring nothing advantageous to video IMHO...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple and Adobe were very good friends in the past, but had a parting of ways over the failure of Adobe to optimize their code for performance on Macs, I believe. I don't remember the details, but basically they didn't want to rewrite code during the PPC-to-Intel transition, if (somewhat hazy) memory serves. And then were was the big tussle over Flash, which for Adobe was an acquired but high-profile (formerly ubiquitous) technology, which Steve Jobs trashed to oblivion.

In any case, that seems to be on the mend, as Adobe was a featured partner at a recent Apple developer event in early September.

As WriterGuy pointed out, Adobe has at least the same standard window of several months that every other developer has, and it's possible as a major developer they have even a little more lead.

While Apple has been pushing alternatives to Photoshop, I think they recognize that Adobe is still the major player, and lots of people expect the products of both companies to work well together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines