• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Creative Cloud 2015 fully compatible with El Capitan (OS X 10.11)?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if the early adopters out there -- you know who you are -- are having any issues with the new version of Mac OS X and the latest builds of the Adobe appsbeta

There are a bunch of reports on the web of problems with early Beta versions of El Capitan, but nothing recently -- and certainly nothing I can find since the OS' release this morning.

I'm torn: I want to upgrade immediately. But I also know the rule about waiting for the 0.1 update before updating system software...

Some positive reports would go a long way to ease my fears....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

WG,

Just wondering if the early adopters out there -- you know who you are -- are having any issues with the new version of Mac OS X and the latest builds of the Adobe appsbeta

We aren't recommending installing it yet if you're using Premiere Pro CC 2015.0.2, or earlier: Premiere Pro CC and OS X El Capitan | Premiere Pro work area

Stay tuned to the team blog for updated info.

If you have installed it already, you may run into issues related to the new version of OS X. There are always some issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't have put it better MPrewitt (IIW)

Call me naive, but there has to be some kind of working relationship between the likes of Apple and Adobe or Microsoft. And after the fallout over Flash, perhaps things are improving when Adobe (and Microsoft) get to be invited on stage at Apple's most recent developer event.  I have absolutely no idea how much code needs to be changed when the OS gets updated (nor want to), but again I reiterate it's poor that a software company with resources the size of Adobe can't get its act together two weeks after the OS was released and when they've had months to prepare for it at Beta stage.

Even worse is the deafening silence coming from Adobe. With almost SIX MILLION SUBSCRIBERS paying for their service, we deserve to be told when we can expect to safely upgrade to the latest OS for our computer. And there needs to be a clear and concise webpage we can go to for this information. Instead everybody is scrabbling around on forums like this for information.

As someone far too long in the tooth to make the mistake of upgrading before checking all my critical apps are compatible, I have wisely held back from updating – at least on the Mac I use for work.  Of course, that doesn't stop me wishing for a quick resolution to this delay so that once again I can use the benefits of the latest OS on ALL the computers I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear-hear, aaronireland.

Very wise of you to refrain from updating. My work is seriously stalled due to performance issues on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. Programs keep crashing, saving damaged files that cannot be opened any more. Ridicilous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was a car we bought from them we would all be dead by now I reckon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ache Brown,

If it was a car we bought from them we would all be dead by now I reckon.

I apologize if you're having issues, but I remind you that this is a troubleshooting forum. Please tone down the rhetoric and stay on topic. If you have a specific issue with Adobe Premiere Pro, please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try troubleshooting instead of responding to messages that are simply (and justifiably) expressing frustration with Adobe's failure to resolve these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Onefjef,

Then try troubleshooting instead of responding to messages that are simply (and justifiably) expressing frustration with Adobe's failure to resolve these issues.

I've been troubleshooting plenty, but part of my job is to keep threads on topic, as well. Thanks for understanding. Regarding frustration with issue resolution, file a bug here.

Again, let us stay on topic to OS X 10.11 issues. If you have something specific going on with your installation of Premiere Pro and OS X 10.11, please do create a post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again, I trust help is on its way. I wish I was still on CS6.Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 11.33.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ache Brown,

What's your issue with Premiere Pro?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use premier I never mentioned Premier, my problem is with Bridge and Photoshop as stated in my posts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I ended up in a Premier Forum, I had obvious problems and did a search for Adobe CC2015 and El Capitan compatibility issues and found out there are a few and way more than I have encountered so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to say I have been struggling with constant crashing with elcapitan , it turned out to be the creative cloud app . i have had to uninstall the app, and so far , but its early days , things are looking better, but clearly there are still problems. But its not just adobe, the system seem incompatible with lots of different software, i also use the drobo system , that was a bit sticky at first .Also finding that Safari runs like an old steam train had to change it out fire Firefox and that runs fast and well. I'm currently looking for a replacement for Mail as that seems to grind to a halt as well.  Has anyone had any experience of any good third party mail clients?

It seems strange  how the apple software seems to have taken a turn for the worst on this new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will a Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan compatibility statement be issued by Adobe?  Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan has been in beta since June and the final release came out today and there's still no compatibility statement from Adobe?

In particular, will Adobe CC 2014 apps be compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan? Inquiring minds want to know and they want to know now please.

Thank you in advance,

az

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also want to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to premier pro so as the latest updates are readily communicated.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to El Capitan and had all sorts of problems. Firstly it told me it would be 'around 30mins' to install but ended up taking over an hour. My less than 2 year old iMac then ran like a turd and was so laggy and unresponsive it was unusable. Had to manually turn off and back on. It then came back to life but running slowly. Gave up working in the studio and went home to work on my Yosemite macbook. Back in today and it seems to have sorted itself out overnight abd is at least responsive now. But... I run Creative Cloud and had to re-install that as I was getting a blank screen. Downloading and re-installing seemed to do the trick. I still have to use Flash CS6 for some old AS2 projects and that's not working. Crashes at the slightest thing like Cmd+C to copy. Typekit seems to now not be working so loads of other apps such as Sketch saying 'missing fonts'. Apple are going downhill FAST. As another poster wrote, I don't know how these major crashes and flaws can't be picked up in Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Apple are going downhill FAST.' People have said that (maybe with better grammar) with every release of OS X since version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With better grammar? Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT UPGRADE THE OS. I did it last night and today I'm in the shit. Premiere doesn't work anymore. I need to finish something like 3 hours of editing and I don't know what to do. I'm trying to get in touch with applecare but they don't reply. I'm starting to get pissed off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 10.11 WARNING - You may want to hold off on updating

-Read https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1968369

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that there is no central, easily detectable web page with this info for all of your apps? Most of your customers have multiple apps installed. This trickling of information in various places is both unprofessional and tedious. If there is a central location that exists, please supply a link. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with D Dog but I'd go further to say that this is exactly the sort of information Adobe should send via Notifications. Upgrading to El Capitan has serious implications to their customers' productivity. Instead of using Notifications to help me, Adobe chooses to use Notifications to sell me Adobe Stock Photos. Not acceptable.

I'm disappointed with the way they've handled this and just to be clear, I do not fault Apple for these issues. I'm an early-adopter at heart and it would have killed me to wait on upgrading. However, I would have waited (without question!) if Adobe had notified me of the potential issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some additional information can be gathered from here:

Premiere Pro CC and OS X El Capitan | Premiere Pro work area

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1968369

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... this is no official adobe info site but maybe helpful:

https://roaringapps.com/apps?platform=osx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link has nothing to do with my comment. Are you spamming the thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines