• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcut layout not showing num pad.

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me figure out why my premiere pro at home won't display the num pad in keyboard shortcuts. It shows up on my work systems both PC and Mac, but not my home one. Anyone know the reason for that and how to fix it? I've attached an image of what my shortcut layout looks like. There should be a numpad on the right hand side to map shortcuts to. Screenshot 2024-09-08 003406.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Expand the panel to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me figure out why my premiere pro at home won't display the num pad in keyboard shortcuts. It shows up on my work systems both PC and Mac, but not my home one.

By @mcydFoster

Dumb question maybe, but do you have a numpad on your keyboard on your home computer? 

If yes, close Premiere Pro and hold down the Shift-key while launching it again. This will bring up the Reset options dialog. Check Reset app preferences and click on Continue. When Premiere Pro is open, press Ctrl+Alt+K. Do you see the numpad now in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog?

If no and if you are on Windows: If you launch the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows, do you see the numpad there?

Averdahl_0-1725787784907.png

Averdahl_1-1725788100970.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thanks for replying, I do have a numpad on my keyboard and while I did what you suggested it still didn't work. And when I pull up the virtual on-screen keyboard it too doesn't have a numpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thanks for replying, I do have a numpad on my keyboard and while I did what you suggested it still didn't work. And when I pull up the virtual on-screen keyboard it too doesn't have a numpad.

By @mcydFoster

So it seems that it is an issue with your keyboard and/or computer/OS installation. What keyboard do you have today, any special brand?

If you press Win-key+M to open the Device Manager, do you see any exlamation marks anywhere or is it clean as it is in the second/bottom image here?

How to fix: Yellow Exclamation mark next to a device in Device Manager (thewindowsclub.com)

EDIT: As @MyerPj wrote, try another keyboard if you have one.

Averdahl_1-1725897948471.png

Averdahl_0-1725897797140.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues with the device drivers, but I will try another keyboard. The keyboard I have now is a Logitech Steel Series Apex 3.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a strange one. Do you have another keyboard you can plug in to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it really a Logitech keyboard? I'm using a Steelseries Apex 350 with no issues. I didn't know Logitech was involved?

MyerPj_1-1726424141386.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the panel to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't beleive that was the issue. Why would it not just display the full keyboard when I open up the shortcuts panel. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too funny, nice call @Ann Bens 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines