• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts are lost and not retained in 23.4

Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning when upgrading to 23.4 I am experiencing issues with keyboard shortcuts. Many of my existing keyboard shortcuts are gone, and when I add them back in, then restart Premiere they disappear again. No rhyme or reason as to which ones, as some keyboard shortcuts are still working perfectly fine.

This seems to only affect modified shortcut keys.

A temporary solution is to lock your KYS file, however this is not a good solution as it prevents you from making new shortcuts if you forget you locked the file.

This is also creating issues with the Excalibur plugin, and I've notified the developers of that as well.

Demonstration here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhxtaahfma4q2eq/230510_missing%20KYS%20shortcuts.mov?dl=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

We believe this is the full list of affected commands.  It seems most people are tripped up by the Window commands, anything involving switching panels.  We believe only these commands will be reset on launch.  All other custom shortcuts will be retained. 

Application

• File
    • New
      • Production...
      • Linked Team Project...
    • Open Production...
  • Edit
    • Team Project
    • Update
    • Publish
    • Resolve Conflicts...
    • Convert Project to Team Project...
    • Convert Team Project to Project...
    • Browse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

We have a fix in beta as of version 23.5.0 build 39.  If you can try the beta, please let us know if it fixes things for you.  I made an official known issue post in the bug forums and will post further updates over there Known issue: Certain custom keyboard shortcuts are reset to default in 23.4.  This issue has also been added to the Known issues for Premiere Pro on helpX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

In 23.5, we fixed the bug that removes your custom keyboard shortcuts.  If you ever loaded your custom keyboard shortcuts in 23.4, your shortcuts are removed and reset to the default.  Updating to 23.5 will not restore them, unfortunately.  You need to restore the KYS file from a backup if you have one or redo your custom keyboard settings.  Going forward they will be remembered.  I fully acknowledge that this is far from ideal, and I apologize to everyone who has been affected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Hello @BrianLevin & Community,

Thanks again for filing this bug. A product manager announced that the issue was fixed. His message was, "This issue is fixed in 23.5, which is available now. Please update to get the fix."

If you are still having this problem, please let us know. I apologize for the time it took to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abel.film,

Thanks for the message. Sounds strange. Can you try resetting your preferences? That might shake things loose. Press Shift at launch to get that option in the Reset Options dialog box. You may want to back up your current preferences file to revert to your previous preferences. Let us know what happens afterward. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s even weirder’ is, that the problem went away.
I had to keep working, since I was late with a deadline, so automatically pushed the zoom tools several times, and then suddenly, it started working again.

Don’t know what caused it, or made it go away.

Strange.

/Best regards,
[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- and the problem is back again this morning!

Selection, zoom, hand-tool etc. All gone and not working?

Must have happened on quit and launch this morning, since everything worked fine Yesterday.

Seems to come and go??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND A FIX!

For some reason my keyboard shortcuts suddenly won't work on startup.

I normally don't Tools window open, but if I enable it, and click on any of the tools (like e.g. hand tool), all my shortcut keys work again.

Skærmbillede 2024-02-23 kl. 11.49.40.png

Problem solved, but not sure why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch AF 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @BrianLevin & Community,

Thanks again for filing this bug. A product manager announced that the issue was fixed. His message was, "This issue is fixed in 23.5, which is available now. Please update to get the fix."

If you are still having this problem, please let us know. I apologize for the time it took to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reopen this bug report. The same problem is still occurring in v24.2.1. No tools or actions (like play-stop) respond to the keyboard. Default keyboard shortcuts are all cleared and unlinked.

Suggested workarounds like re-opening the Tools window and resetting workspaces did not work. Only option is to map a Custom keyboard to keep up with work today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still present in version 24.2.1 of Premiere Pro. Tool shortcut keys do not work unless I go to Workspaces, choose any other workspace than our custom workspace, then choose our custom workspace again, then close the dialog. Then and only then do the shortcuts work. This must be done every time we open an existing project to continue work. Never had this problem in releases earlier than 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional to my post: the shortcut keys are Adobe defaults - C for Cut, V for Select, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TS, I believe yours is a different problem. There is a problem where the shortcut keys for selecting tools do not work when the tools panel (the little one, with the various options to select) is hidden. Try bringing that out if you have it removed (because you already know those keys). Also, there is an option under Windows/Workspaces > Import workspace from projects. I always have that off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines