• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUT lost between Mac and Windows

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a premiere file that was developed on a Mac.  When I moved this file and all of its components to a windows machine, everything worked fine except for the video was just a white and red checkerboard in my program window.  I discovered that the LUT effect that had been applied no longer worked.  I basically had to go in and re-apply the LUT effect to every single clip and copy all of my lumitri settings over.  This was not just a LUT from the drop down, but a LUT effect from the presets.

Is there a way to fix this easily?  Seems like quite the oversight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the troubles. Yes, this is a known issue and hope to get a fix out soon.

As a workaround, the looks from the Creative section seem to carry over to different platforms without issue.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A LUT effect from the presets" ...

Which one?

I know there's some fun little gotcha's if say one creates/acquires a LUT, and has it in perhaps PrPro's folder but not the same one in AME, then exports from AME ... which won't 'see' that LUT at all.

But it's supposed to see all its own LUTs that are built-in ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects panel >> lumitri presets >> speedlooks >> universal >> SL Clean Punch HDR (Universal)

I thought it would all transfer fine and well too.  When the preset is applied, it creates an input LUT called "Universal - SL - Profile" and this seems to be the problem.  I located a LUT of the exact same name and browsed to it and applied it and it just jacked everything up - looks completely different.

So, I have no idea how to preserve these settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they're both running the same version of PrPro ... huh ... that's weird. Now ... is there an SL Clean Punch HDR (Universal) in the listing in the PC?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is.  But it is an entire preset (just as it is on the mac).  So When I drag it over, it creates a lumitri preset, it just doesn't have all of the other settings tuned to the way I want them.

As I said, the issue seems to be coming from that input LUT field specifically.  Somehow the mac and PC don't save the setting the same way or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh ... so the issue popped up because you've added settings to that LUT in the Creative tab, and those don't come 'across'?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The settings come across.  but the video is just a white and red checkerboard UNTIL I change the input LUT field to none.  Then everything works (except it no longer has the LUT, which I want it to have.)

The only way to restore this LUT as far as I can tell, is to actually add the preset back, but then I am stuck copying over my settings for every single clip and sub-sequence's clip in my timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pain ... wonder if petergaraway​ might have assistance on this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the troubles. Yes, this is a known issue and hope to get a fix out soon.

As a workaround, the looks from the Creative section seem to carry over to different platforms without issue.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we any closer to a solution?  I just had an editor sent me his project from a Windows system, and all color correction is FUBAR'd. Lumetri in the effects window seems to be looking for the input LUT "Universal SL Profile"

Thanks,

Donnie Rogers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting ... that's in the Premiere Pro 2017/Lumetri/Legacy folder ... "open" the Adobe program "package" or whatever it is on the Mac, go to that Legacy folder, and you'll find it there.

I wonder if he was navigating to that LUT from the Basic Input tab ... or had moved it into the Technical folder so it would scroll ....

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ever been fixed? I was burned by this issue in the past, and it‘s the main reason I’m afraid to buy a new Windows desktop instead of paying big $$ for Mac. (I use Mac at work and would like to be able to work on projects cross-platform.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original issue was fixed some time back. Which isn't to say there's no possibility of cross-OS issues but a lot of people do it routinely.

Now the monitor situation can be an issue,  if the Mac's P3 and PC isn't.

There's more of an issue with having projects laid out differently on different machines and relinking them. That's an area to be careful setting up.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil. I never had any problem with project structures (since I was just moving a portable SSD between the two computers with a consistent file structure), nor monitor incompatibilities, but I definitely ran into this bug a while back and it made me give up on the cross platform thing. Glad to hear it's been fixed, though I couldn't find the fix listed on any release notes. Guess I'll just give it a try again one of these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going between versions ... say bringing a 2017 project into 2019, there's some changes in Lumetri that can affect some projects. But if the drive is the same, and both OS's recognize the full folder structure, it should be ok.

Of course, there are always potential things waiting to surprise us ... the joy of editing, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil,

Had a similar issue with Premiere Pro 2020. I've added LUTs (.cube) to the appropriate folders so they show up in the drop down menu in Lumetri.

They won't affect the ProRes 422 clips when applied. I believe they were developed in Davinci on a PC. Is there a recect conversion process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines