• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder won't queue

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest build of Premiere CC. I can export sequences without issue but if I try to 'Queue' and send to Media Encoder, it won't show up. Basically, Media Encoder will launch automatically as it should be no job actually get's added...It just sits there. I've waited close to 30 minutes with no success. The behaivor is identical to whenever I just launch Encoder on it's own. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

The AME team is investigating similar reports from other customers. While they have not yet nailed down the cause, the workaround they're recommending is to clear your AME preferences. The easiest way to do this is to hold Shift while launching AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Our version number is 7.2.0.43

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using:

AME CS6 ver 6.0.2.81 (64-bit)  [Mac]

Premiere Pro CS6 ver 6.0.5 (001 (MC: 264587))  [Mac]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new news yet on this broken feature? Not being able to queue is causing me some significant workflow issues today.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a case where I suspect we're not dealing with a single root problem that's biting all of you. The symptom is the same--or at least similar--but I'd wager there are at least two different causes. Especially in your case, Rob, because you're the only one on CS6.

On the CC front, one scenario that can result in this problem is that certain components, especially DynamicLink, do not match between PPRO and AME. (Or so I've heard; I'm not directly involved with investigations of these issues.) So for those of you on CC, I recommend applying the update to both Premiere and AME.

You're on the latest versions of CS6, Rob, so I'm not sure what to recommend. Have you tried either dragging your sequence(s) to AME or using AME's Import command rather than PPRO's Export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried dragging my sequence into AME and it took about 20 seconds to appear in the queue list then all of the controls were unusably sluggish (i.e. it took over 10 seconds for any link or pullown to activate it even took over 10 seconds for the "cancel" button to work. Could that provide a clue?). Is there anything I could uninstal, etc. to get this feature back?

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing similar issues but with multiple exports.  I was trying to send three timelines all the queue with the result being Premiere hanging and having to Force Quit. After that even a single export via the queue would result in a hang.  It would allow me to export directly out of Premiere however.

I cleared the cache and restarted AME with shift held to clear preferences.  That did allow a single timeline to go out through the queue.  However when I try to send multiple timelines out I still get a hang on Premiere.

I'm on OS 10.9.2, AME 7.2.2.29, Premiere 7.2.2

Anyone else having this issue with multiple exports to the queue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes mcnallyj, that is exactly my issue to the letter. I have the same versions of each program as you also.

Here are my system specs FWIW.

Mac Pro Mid-2012

3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC RAM

Dual ATI-Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Graphics Cards

OS 10.9.2

Thank you. Let's all send bug reports, shall we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS IT! THIS IS WHAT FIXES IT! for months my AME wouldn't importat anything. started it up holding shift and it worked. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC (v9.2.0 41 build) and this problem have been happening with AME.

Did you have any report of this issue in this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the same is happening to me on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thought I would post one solution that worked for me in the hope that it will save someones arse 🙂

I was using Dropbox which seemed to be where the issued lay. So I dragged the FLA files onto my desktop, made sure the folder I was saving my export into was also local on my comp and hey presto, the media encoder queue worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ExodusCry3,

Are you using OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)? Are you trying to export via QuickTime, or another format?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would AME not queue for Quicktime but it would work for other formats like H.264?

Because this exactly describes my problem: No queue from Adobe Premiere Pro for Quicktime files, but it works fine with H.264 and others...

I've tried the other suggestions here such as restart, opening AME with shift, various stuff, to no avail.

This is turning into a real headache for me as I have a large series of small quicktime files that I need to export!

Running OS X (10.10) with my PP and AME CC programs up to date with the latest builds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing same but im on windows 8.1. 2 of the sequences que into AME as always. the third sequence just sits with an empty dialog box. in the 3rd an fail sequence I did notice also in the sequence settings had changed themselves. but I changed them back to my previous working settings and still no joy. Something in the most recent update jacked my settings.

All the Best                 AME Build 8.2.0.54   PP 8.2.0 (65) build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window tab and click Queue.  Just discovered this today after months of the exact same frustration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone missed this post by Jonathan, in all the tech talk.

===> Go to Window tab and click Queue.

This was exactly my problem - so simple....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my problem. Media Encoder was launching with Watch Folders highlighted, and I didn't notice the Queue tab. When I opened the Queue tab, there were my movies, waiting to be exported. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh snap... it was THIS SIMPLE FIX!!  THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - Mac OS 10.8.5, latest version of all CC apps. Clearing the AME cash did not help. I ended up having to track and export each of my files manually, which was not a lot of fun. Hopefully, the permanent fix comes soon and I have more projects after this trade show. Worked fine in late October, when I had another huge batch of files to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the AME preferences (holding SHIFT while opening it) worked for me on CC + Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be my system because it still crashes. Is all your software up to date

too?

I reset prefs in Media Encoder both with and without Premiere also open but

to no avail. I tried sending a queue to Media Encoder from Premiere with ME

already open, AND using a stock preset (just in case) but it crashes that

way too.

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 3:12 PM, yimbo escarrega

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines