• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro 2024 to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything you suggested, but nothing works. The only thing I didn't do is roll back or update my graphics card driver. Its an AMD Radeon Pro XT 16GB. I couldn't find any place I could download this driver for Mac, only Windows or Linux. My computer is an iMac 2020, 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, memory 64GB

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the graphic card is the problem... otherwise this would happen with Premiere Pro 2023 and it doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any place I could download this driver for Mac

By @Neco25032080tlzs

You can't.  It's part of the OS for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your OS up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Sonoma 14.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Neco25032080tlzs,

Thanks for writing in. I tried to reproduce your issue on my Mac but could not. What kind of media is it? The only difference is that you're on Intel and I'm on M1. Hopefully, someone in the community can test it out on an Intel Mac running Sonoma in the meantime. Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morph is working fine for me, but slightly different spec ... PPro 24.1.0 (build 85), Intel iMac Pro, Sonoma 14.3, Radeon Pro Vega 64 ...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same setup as @thom_c  but am experiencing crashes from morph cut i believe. clearing cache didn't help. reinstalled premiere 24.1 didnt help. working with .mov files. I've experienced this in 2 workspaces as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michael adam,

Thanks for the message. I'm grateful that you provided the info there. As a test, can you try transcoding the source media to ProRes 422 or ProRes LT? I am wondering if the problem could be related to your media. I hope the test works. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing, the footage works fine on my windows 10 desktop in premiere with morph cut. I know it is not the media. I can transcode but it's really not an ideal solution for my specific workflow in this current project..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, @michael adam,

I don't have an Intel Mac to test on here at the home office. When I get back to the office, I'll ask around to see if someone here can reproduce the error. I hope the community might chime in over the weekend, as well. I hope we can find a solution soon for you. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin! Keep us posted. I am thinking it's AMD vega related personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you figure this out? Morph cut is making premiere crash for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its doing it to me also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dsdASDASD ,

This issue on Mac Intel has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 24.3 build 59 and I just tried mine, and it crashes. Have you came across a fix?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. Premiere crashes as soon as a single morph cut is added to the timeline.  After crash, upon re-openning it crashes immediately.  Duplicating project as Version2, V5, V8, allows me to re-open the project, but crash occurs immediately again if morph cut is placed on timeline.  Otherwise, premiere is behaving fine.

I'm on a 2019 MacPro with AMD Radeon Pro Vega 32GB Graphics card & 96GB Memory . . . Mac OS is 13.6.1

Premiere version is 24.1.0 (Build 85).

Would love to know how to make the morph edit work--hoping the project will "morph" between real human character and AI character . . . and the morph cut is important to make that happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue; Intel Mac Pro 7, 1 but I have a 6800X GPU and I'm on Monterrey 12.73.

Footage is a high-quality proxy from my client that is HEVC, but I've also had the same Morph Cut crash with other types of media in other projects that did include ProRes or H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact specs as you except for the OS. I am running Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1 and Premiere 24.2.1. 

My project crashes instantly when I add Morph Cut. It never did this on 24.0 and noticed this on 24.0.3, 24.1, and now 24.2.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am running Premiere 24.3.0 build 59 and morph cut crashes Premiere.  Have you found a fix?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since updating to Premiere 2024. This is brutal.

Mac Pro 3.3GHz 12 Core Intel Xeon W

AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB, 96GB RAM

MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also opening any project with a morph cut in it crashes instantly. Unfortunately, it's a transition I use a lot. ðŸ˜«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines