• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro 2024 to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's what we're all after. The opportunity to share the problem is
great--but we really want to know if/when this will be corrected.

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Dann Hurlbert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, though only with BRAW clips. I've found when I apply a morph cut between two ProRes 422 LT clips, it works fine. Currently working in v24.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a super tight turnaround for delivering a video to my client, and this bug just completely sabotaged my project and I can't deliver on time. I'm so unbelievably angry right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to version 24.0 and reopen your project and it will work. I know really annoyed me too. I hope they fix it soon.

Katherine Culford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually rolling back to 24.0.3 is working fine for me (or maybe that's what Katherine meant vs 24.0).

-Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix!

I'm not sure if this is applicable to your case, but after months of frustration and searching, and endless amounts of crashed projects and soft-locked projects, I found a workaround.

My issue was applying morph cuts in 60fps projects. HOWEVER, it didn't crash in 24fps projects. So, to add a morph cut, I would change it to 24fps, add the morph, wait for it to analyse, change it back to 60, and it'd be fine!

I hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well since Premiere 2023.

OS 14.4 Premiere 24.3 Did the usual empty cash etc. still crashed the system if I use the effect.

Is there a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

converting to 24 FPS, as the previous person had luck with, had no effecy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your Abrakadabra variant does not work for me, otherwise everything is the same as for the others, Adobe does not respond to messages at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the correct solution here is to avoid any version of Premiere 2024, except for 24.0.3, or to stick with Premiere 2023.

I have no doubt that there may be seemingly random workarounds to this bug (changing framerates, transcoding footage, etc.) but it's just that, a bug, which is unpredictable and shouldn't have to be diagnosed by post professionals on the Adobe forums. We're at the mercy of Adobe on this one for a proper fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact thing is happening to me.  Did you happen to find the answer to this.  I have done every step I can google and it keeps shutting down on me!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two options. Roll back to version 24.0.3 (in Creative Cloud, select the three dots under Premiere in Apps, other versions, install 24.0.3) Or, exit Premiere, take all your footage offline (disconnect hard drive or move files to a different folder), open the project and don't relink (offline all), remove all your morph cuts then relink your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work at all morph cut,eternal inscription analyzing  Pr 24.3.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Neco25032080tlzs ,

This issue has been fixed in the 24.5 Latest Beta, Looking forward to hearing any new feedback from the customer.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the beta has stopped the immediate crashing, the "analyzing in background" takes ages but it does work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SteveConnorUK  ,

Thanks for bringing up the issue. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it has been a nightmare. I already changed to an older version and I am still having issues. I guess the best solution should be to change to Da Vinci or Final Cut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ment Studio,

Thank you for the message. I noticed others with a similar issue on Intel-based MacBook Pros and .mxf footage. Is that the case with you, too? Let us know.

Can you check if you have the same issue in Beta? Hopefully, the problem will be fixed in the upcoming version. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Kevin. 

Yes, I am currently using a Macbook Pro Intel Core i9, 16-inch 2019. 

I tried Beta and at the beginning was working great but after a bit, it happened the same issue.  

Thanks,

Alonso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ment Studio ,

Sorry for the issue, could you please confirm the beta version and if possible please share more details about the media that you're using? If possible, Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very unfortunate, Morph cut is very important to "somehow" create a seamless flow from jump cuts. Evern the most updated premiere pro 24.3 doesn't address the issue. If this can't be fixed, then REMOVE it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 2019 MacBook Pro to Sonoma 14.5 and updated Premiere to 24.4.1 and with still images (PNG) the morph cut works but with 30fps and 29.97ftps 1920x1080 footage it still does not work and crashes when I try to add or play at a morph cut. I have tried every update since 24.1 and Beta and they all do this. The only one that works for me is 24.0.3.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Tried everything recommended here. Premiere pro crashes instantaneously when I use the morph cut, asks me if I want to reopen the latest save and crashes again. I've scrapped several projects, started again and the morph cut keeps crashing. Morph cut is not buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venus29146333hosx ,

Sorry for the issue, could you please confirm the beta version and if possible please share more details about the media that you're using and machine configuration? If possible, Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines