• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro 2024 to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta version 24.4.1 

3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, Graphics Radeon Pro 555 2GB, RAM recently upgraded from 8 to 16 GB, Mac OS 13.6.7 - attaching sample file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venus29146333hosx ,

Could you please try the later Beta version after 24.4? The fix went in the 24.5 version. I have tried to open a sample project, I don't see any problem. It would be great if you could share the sample media too, on https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely I don't see the 24.5 version. I tried to update anyway and I'm on version 24.4.1 (Build 2). I'm trying to upload the sample media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely I don't see the 24.5 version.

By @Venus29146333hosx

Updates usually go out in staggered rollouts, so keep trying to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I try to upload using the link you shared it gives me the following error mesage: Error 404: Asset not found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venus29146333hosx ,

Could you please whether are you referring to the Beta Version or Release Version? 24.5 is yet to be released officially, but you can try out the scenario in the Latest Beta 24.6 Beta Version. Regarding the sharing of the project file, you must have a Creative Cloud account from there, you can go to the web version. Upload your sample media and share the link with us. 

Thanks,

Maanvig

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My update tells me that the I'm on the most recent update which is 24.4.1. I can't see a version 25 Beta or a version 26 release. I'm attaching the file here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MaanviG 

From the information you have given here, this seems to be an issue that Adobe has identified and confirmed. If so, why is it not communicated to users in the Known Issues documentation?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Remote Index ,

Yes, this issue has been identified as we have picked from Customer Forum issues, and we have communicated with the user about the fix in the latest version. If you want to check the documentation, please wait for the 24.5 Release version.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine. I can wait. In the meantime, since I uploaded my file as you
requested, I have not been able to close or uninstall Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venus29146333hosx ,

I have tried your sample project on Mac Intel on the latest beta, I don't see any crashes. This change shall be available in mid-June. Once the 24.5 is Released, please test it out and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE WTF! morph cut is crashing still??????  killing me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and warp stabilizer turned worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morph cut is STILL broken! I THOUGHT it was fixed. Maybe it's partially fixed, but who really knows.

Updating to Premiere 24.3 through 24.4.1 seemd to fix the issue for me. I had a project that would instantly crash when adding a morph cut. After the update, I was able to get that project delivered and had no issues using lots of morphs.

Recently, I've been having sporatic crashes when adding morphs. As of today, I have an editor that is unable to work on an edit because no matther what he does, he just can't get the project not to crash when adding a morph cut. There are probably many factors under the hood that are contributing to the major instability in using morph cuts. Maybe it's based on media type, Team Projects, Intel vs Apple Silicon, etc. but all I can say is that we are getting these issues accross multiple edit systems at home and in our office and this has been incredibly detrimental to my company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Beta version, @Kcaudill. I hope that is working for you. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,
I don't have access to the Beta version... Any idea why that could be?
Is it available to everybody? It's a company liscence.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta doesn´t help - still crashing on M1 Max.

Can´t even open the project.

Not good at all!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @tp-doku ,

Sorry for the issue, though the fix is made for the Mac Intel platform only. We don't see such an issue on the Mac ARM config. Will try to repro this issue, could you please share more details about the workflow that are you using? You can also share your project file by following the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html 

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, Ventura 13.6.7
This is a larger 4K/50p documentary project with numerous sequences. After I switched from MacPro to Macbook Pro two years ago, there were no problems at all for quite some time. The M1 Max ran like clockwork ... and now this!

Since the 2024 version, my projects are no longer as stable, currently all(!) projects with Morph-Cut are crashing!!!!

When starting or opening the project, I sometimes see a red marked warning “Low Level Exception ... Morph” at the bottom right.

Uploud to the cloud is not possible: Error message: Certain files are not supported!!!

best,

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with M2 Max on other Project (only HD) - crashing when opening because of Morph-Cut.

What to do???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tp-doku ,

Will try to check at my end from my side, will need more information about the format that you're using for your workflow. Did you apply any other thing along with morph- effects,mogrts, etc, or will elaborate on the workflow?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maanvig,

as already told: 

Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, Ventura 13.6.7
4K/50p project with numerous sequences

All(!) projects with Morph-Cut are crashing!

When starting or opening the project, I sometimes see a red marked warning “Low Level Exception ... Morph” at the bottom right.

Beside morph-Effect nothing spectacular, only disolve, fade-to-black

Apple M2 Max, 64 GB, Ventura 13.6.7

small HD-Project with MPEG2-Files

All(!) projects with Morph-Cut are crashing!

Beside morph-Cut also Motion-Blur (tracking created inside Premiere)

Can you help me please, can´t work on both projects for the moment.

Thanks

Reinhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @tp-doku  for sharing the details, will try this effect together. Could you please also share the media properties on which you're adding the effect. Like I said, it would be great if you could share the sample media along with the project on cc, or shared drive- onedrive.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I already wrote, upload is not possible. Why is it no more possible, that Adobe offers a easy-going workflow for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beside that it is not possible to identify the media properties, because Premiere is crashing immidiately when starting the project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines