Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded th trial version in Premiere CC and try to edit a multicam project edit about 30 min of footage saved it and close Premiere CC after reopen each cut made on timeline start with the begining of video so like i had 3 cameras and all of them start recording on diferent time i got like black image all over and sometime when i had switched to the camer x what start recording 1st is showing the image

........ any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

The fix for this bug has been cleared. It will be in a patch that’s nearly ready for release. I’m not at liberty to talk about when exactly the patch will go live, but it will not be until after we return from the company-wide shutdown this week. This fix not only produces correct multicam sequences but also redeems those corrupted by the bug.

I traced the issue back to the exact build when it was introduced, which dated to just weeks before the end of the cycle. It was not discovered until liter

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could well be...   I believe they would find that if Adobe were honest to their customers informing us about the issues, they would find almost all of us to be understanding and just appreciative of that kind of candor.  And what good is a cover-up when so many of us find out like this anyway???

If Adobe elevated its users to collaborators by informing us and working with us to improve their products, I think it quite likely that they would find an entirely new level of loyalty develop.

Yes, I agree, as a long time Adobe fan, what's going on right now is really sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fellow community members, please join me in making a feature request:

That Adobe add notifications about important software issues, updates and work-arounds

1. to the start pages of applications
  2. and to the Application manager (so that users may make informed decisions about weather or not an update may introduce issues into their workflows prior to installing.)

If they can use those platforms to provide tips and adds, they should also be effective for informing their customers.

Feature requests can be entered at the link below and are prioritized by the number of requests for a certain feature.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That Adobe add notifications about important software issues, updates and work-arounds

1. to the start pages of applications
  2. and to the Application manager (so that users may make informed decisions about weather or not an update may introduce issues into their workflows prior to installing.)"

This is actually a really good feature request.  We will add this to the list.   Just to reiterate.  We try our best to do our best by our customers.   We really hate when bugs like this happen and the whole team strives to avoid this situation.  When we do miss it and we ship a bug we work very hard to find the best way to rectify things.  Mark has been extremely open about this situation and we will use it as a model for where we can improve.    Thanks for hanging in there with us and my apologies for the problem.  (as much as that helps)

Cheers

David McGavran

Senior Engineering Manager Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When?

The patch.

David Ethridge

Creative Producer/Owner

AVR Films

www.avrfilms.com

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studio Daily claims the update is coming today, why no announcement from Adobe on this thread?

http://www.studiodaily.com/2013/07/adobe-releases-adobe-anywhere-video-collaboration-system/

(Correction, "today" adobe announced that they would have updates to PP CC, I got the wording wrong, I guess it dosen't mean they will update "today".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that Studio Daily've deliberately published information that's supposed to be kept private under a non-disclosure agreement so they can get the "scoop". And the reason why you've not heard anything from Adobe is that they're respecting their own NDA. But since the cat is out of the bag I imagine that an official announcement from Adobe is imminent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today we are fixing this issue!   

Again apologize that this took so long.   The fix is being staged to Creative Cloud now and blog posts with full info are coming later.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5601 (mac)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5601 (win)

Cheers

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a better link for Windows:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/new.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh sorry about the windows link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5604 (win)

Cheers

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed an update is also listed in the Application Manager.  Can you clarify if that is the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are seeing Premiere Pro CC update then yes.   It is starting to trickle out now.  Should be avail to all through the Creative Cloud app soonish.

Cheers

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed that the 7.0.1 patch is now available through Adobe Application Manager (Help>Updates...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Euh... sounds like I'm stll stuck in the middle of my multicam editing.

Premiere is well updated, but haven't rebooted though. Will try again after a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GAPmedia wrote:

I just noticed an update is also listed in the Application Manager.  Can you clarify if that is the same thing?

Hi GAPmedia,

Yes, it's the same update. Let us know if you have any trouble installing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blog post is here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/

Cheers

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David McGavran wrote:

Blog post is here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/

Cheers

Dave

Right, Dave.

Here is a direct link, as well: http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/07/ppro-cc-july-2013-update.html

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMGosh-

Thank you Adobe for listening!

David Ethridge

Creative Producer/Owner

AVR Films

www.avrfilms.com

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe!!! But....................... i'm apologizing  first if i'm wrong!!! that was a smart move from adobe we started premiere cc as a trial which is 30 days .......... with the bug we couldn't use it for 21 days already...... now i just have 9 day to figure out if is worthed to get a paid subscription!?That's sad Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't keep your existing version after you cancel your subscription it will never be worth it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

am I the only one for whom the update has not fixed the multicam issue on a PC?

still blocked after two minutes of a multicam edit (3 5D footages, 4 minutes each).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stéphane: Please go to Help>About Premiere Pro and double-check the version number. If the patch was applied successfully, it should show 7.0.1.105.

Also, please detail exactly what issue you're having with multicam editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still having the problem. Version says 7.0.1 (105)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bkmvincent wrote:

I'm also still having the problem. Version says 7.0.1 (105)

bkmvincent,

Sorry to hear that. So, after the update you're experiencing the same issue with a new project, or an existing project?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, this is with an existing project. One of five sequences were incorrect before the patch - that is still the case after the patch. One thing of note, there are small triangles between clips now where they're not playing back properly.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bkmvincent,

Very sorry about that. Perhaps someone else from the product team can shed more light, but I have heard that the update will not repair every existing sequence exhibiting the problem. However, most of them should be fixed with the update. Sorry that you ran into an instance where the update did not fix the problem.

Please file a bug report of the steps you took, and perhaps we can find a fix for your case: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines