• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mute toggles on for no reason

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo, I ABSOLUTELY hate the new Premiere Pro update.  Its the worst I have ever used, and I am astounded that they have got it this WRONG.  So upsetting.

But I have a technical issue that I wonder if anyone else is having.  For no apparent reason the Mute button on one of my tracks keeps turning on when I am playing back video.  It keeps happening at random times.  Does anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Matt from Adobe here.  I looked at this and am not seeing anything out of the ordinary with recent build of Premiere.  It appears to be working as it should.  

Premiere has many elements of a Digital Audio Workstation built into it.  The track automation system is one of those (it has also been there for well over a decade also, so this isn’t new).  WIth these types of automation systems, they were meant to replicate working on analog audio hardware, when an audio engineer could reach out and

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open your Audio Track Mixer, set the track that is getting muted to the "Off" in the dropdown below the Pan knob."

Hi, I'm doing exactly that but I'm still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the height of that audio track, and set the timeline panel to show audio key frames.

Then check to see if the audio gain/level line changes there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work. As soon as I play, the mute button comes back again. Please help we need a video or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is marked as solved. And many comments seems to feel it's the user. If it is, I have yet to find an action I'm "accidentally" doing that is muting the track. AND it makes no sense at all that only my exports are affected by the muted track. It's happened three times now where I have sent a cut for review only to find have the client tell me a dialogue track is missing. I have all my track automatiion turned to OFF. I can find no quick key that would mute my track. I don't like racing to the 'bug' assumption, but it sure doesn't feel like a 'featur'e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is a separate issue not related to the track automation, can you please create a new post.  A new post will minimize the chance that your issue gets lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very easy solution: directly delete the problematic one( usually the audio track 1) then problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is the clearest!! it helped me, thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me too, thank you so much ! The is the good one 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm still tracking this when I can.  I'm also looking for new info if possible.  Anyone seeing this issue, can they report back if they have:
1. Anything listed in "Preferences>Control Surface>Device Class..."
2. Anything listed under "Windows>Extension..."

Please post a screen shot of that is listed there so I can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this listed in 1. https://prnt.sc/W3M8HytTUKj7 but nothing available in 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jonas276721292f29,

Do you know what utility or software is adding that entry to the Control Surface preferences?  Would you be willing to get on a phone call with me to help debug this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same TROUBLE and i hope the community team comes to be a resolve for this issue in the coming updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read staffer mstegner's post above yours?

Do you have ... 

1. Anything listed in "Preferences>Control Surface>Device Class..."
2. Anything listed under "Windows>Extension..."

And also, have you checked the Track mixer panel to see if there is something going on there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines