• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pc problem or softver: premiere and after effects

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello we have a personal computer with the following components processor intel i9 14700kf, motherboard gigabit z790 gaming x, graphics card gigabit rtx 4060 titanium aero OC 16gb, ram memory Kingston fury 2x 16gb ddr5 5600, ssd disk samsung 980 pro, power supply 1200 watts. We're having a problem with premiere and after effects, so we wanted to ask if it's a configuration issue. we are running 4k videos on full hd timeline, frames drop, premier and after freeze. When we have two layers with a stabilizer on them, the video does not run smoothly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vlado34550983tw8j 

You posted to Using the Community, which is for questions about the forums. I've moved your post to the Premiere Pro forum for you.

Direct links:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ct-p/ct-after-effects

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one disk? Might want to up the RAM and use proxies.

You do not mention the media used. Please post screenshot in treeview.

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Тhese are the components. 

we shoot with sony fx30 422 color 10 bit xavc  4K, and edit on fullHD timeline premiere pro and after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the problem:

The use of an H.264 derivative in 4:2:2 chroma subsampling. No CPU or GPU in the Windows world ever supported this codec in this particular chroma subsampling. That XAVC-S 4:2:2 material must be decoded entirely on the CPU (in software-only mode, at that), which results in very poor performance even on the most expensive 64- or 96-core workstation CPU! And that's because every single hardware manufacturer except Apple has unofficially declared H.264 a "legacy" format, thus permanently restricting hardware H.264 decoding support to 8 bits and 4:2:0.

Plus, Premiere pro and many other NLE programs have difficulty handling this Sony-exclusive codec.

I am sorry to tell you, but that is the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size and how full is the Samsung 980 pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean an i7 14700kf, or an i9-14900kf? 

And to add on ... the "f" CPUs do not have the QuickSync onboard, and so can not do any hardware acceleration for long-GOP decoding or encoding. Is H.264/5 mp4 or HEVC part of the problem?

If so, that's at least partly due to the CPU in use. That GPU is supposed to be able to handle H.264/5 work, but I've seen a few posts here and over on the BM forums where the GPUs don't necessarily work as well for this as the Intel Quicksync iGPU process. NOT an expert on those processes though.

@RjL190365  is ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i9 14900kf.

Тhese are the components. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines