• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead randomly jumps to end of timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an older post where someone had the playhead move to the beginning of the timeline randomly after each edit (cut, move, splice, delete, etc).

I have the opposite where it moves to the end. Unfortunately, resetting the workspace or choosing a different one did not resolve my issue.

I also read somewhere that deleting all your media cache files and reopening the project would do it but that didn't work either.

Anybody experience something similar and figure this out? The bug only happens every few minutes on random actions on the timeline. Not something I can replicate on the spot. And it only seems to be when I'm affecting the video or audio clips. In/out points, markers, sequence durations, actions like these don't seem to trigger it.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Premiere is acting weird: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it only worked for a day. There isn't much in the settings/preferences I'm altering from the default, but, it still gets annoying if I have to keep resetting everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to be working for me. Thanks Peru Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue   in FCPX and solved it thus::

I went through everything else first   PRAM, trashing preferences, changing system preferences in finder, reboots etc   to discover

that the issue was with my Logitech mouse

Open a  finder page with multiple columns, or if you have Microsoft XL open an .xls blank spread sheet.   If the cursor rushes to the end of the document, column  ZZ ,  then the issue may be with your mouse.

At the bottom of the mouse there should be a reset button.  Use a ball point pen to hold the reset button for at least five seconds.

Unfortunately the problem returned  an hour after the reset. I started using a different mouse and the problem has not come back (so far).  News at 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. I fixed it by creating a new sequence and copying and pasting the contents of the bad sequence into it. Playhead works like it's supposed to in the new sequence. No idea, what caused it and it only was a problem with one sequence in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines