• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor performance on playback, even with proxies

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE! Fix this! I'm in the middle of a job and falling very behind schedule!

I've been an editor for 20 years. I've worked with every single edit program and I have to say that in the last year Adobe has dropped the ball. I work about 15 days out of each month editing. Every time I upgrade it gets worse.

I've been creating more streamlined proxies and premiere still can't give me a normal playback. Sometimes it's intermittent, but mostly it wastes my time and doubles my time editing.

I want my money back. If you're an professional editor stay FAR AWAY from this application. 

Moderator note: Title of the post has been changed to reflect actual issue and for search purposes.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your 4th posting.

Stating the same thing 4 times using different titles.

I'm going to respond to each and every post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the 6th time this member has posted the same message. I suggest everyone ignores him/her

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This guy obviously works for Adobe, or is an amateur editor.

I invite everyone to consider why Adobe can't get it together with a decent NLE?

Avid works better and offers a subscription service. I'm just trying to get the word out. My question to you is why are you defending Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its obvious thomast47386256 has a valid point and concern so why would you suggest people ignore him? I have posted several times on this forum as well with the same issues in hopes adobe will address them. You have a right to your opinion but he also has a right to post about a concern as much as he wants as an Adobe customer that has a complaint. Im a pro editor as well and he is having major issues just like a lot of us on here are having. terrys30580497 If your not helping to contribute to the problem, whats the point of chiming in? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>My question to you is why are you defending Adobe?

I did not see him defending Adobe... but I did see him saying you are spamming the forums and people should ignore you

You should stick with ONE message, and give people a chance to help

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/PugetBench-for-Premiere-Pro-1519/
-Benchmark test program available for Premiere Pro CC2019 and CC2020

Some things to do, and more information needed for someone to help...
-Troubleshooting https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Unofficial-Premiere-Pro-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/87892...
-PPro Editing Information FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-What-information-should-I-provide-when-asking-a-ques...
-Mac only https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-Basic-Troubleshooting-amp-Maintenance-for-Premiere-P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Thomas.

Sorry for your performance issues. I just sent you a private message, as well, so check your In box. What I'm looking for is full system specs of your computer, including info on your CPU (model and type), GPU (VRAM amount), RAM (amount of GB), media drives you are using, and original media type. Please also specify the format of your proxy footage. With this information, we have a better possibility to resolve your issue.

I really hope we can assist.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines