• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier is terribly terrible right now

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was running 2018 version for a while on an I5 8400 with 1070ti and 16gb of 3200mhz ram and i could edit 1080p video to my hearts desire, some lag but very minimal, basically i thought it ran great.  anyways ive upgraded since then, now running a 9900k with 32 gb ram, new board same graphics card and re-installed all of my programs.  Looks like i cant get the 2018 version now? At least I was unable to find it, but anyways whatever so I installed the latest version.  Now the program literally freezes up when i try to drag and drop my Mp4 files.  Size isnt the issue as ive tried big and small (500mb-15gb) which i think even that is considered small.  If I right click my timeline bin and manually import.....that does work after a long wait but the audio never comes with it, or half the audio does (multi tack) but it still freezes when I try to scrub the timeline.  playback is hugely delayed and the program just all around is performing like dog S**T.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan,

Are these files from OBS? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes they are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are, Both the Nvidia x264 and just x264 do the same thing, otherwise its a pretty standard set up in OBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to set obs to another codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS (and a few other apps) is doing something to the h.264 files that Premiere just doesn't like.  This changed in Premiere sometime during early 2019; it's a bug that was introduced in the app, and is known internally.  What isn't clear is why OBS' h.264 files trip Premiere up so badly.

As far as I can tell, there's no setting to change within OBS to get around this.  Using a different CODEC such as Ann suggests isn't really a good alternative since it drastically increases the load on the system while recording.  The whole idea behind using NVENC while recording is to avoid any loss in in-game frame rate.  Using any other CODEC will introduce lag and loss of FPS while playing.  No go.

I've been working through some work-arounds outside of OBS recently, and it looks like transcoding from h.264 to h.264 in another application will do the trick.  That sucks because it takes a bunch of time.  But until this bug is fixed within Premiere, it's one work-around.  On the Mac, I can't use Handbrake.  For some reason, Handbrake on the Mac refuses to write CFR files, even when you clearly set it to do CFR.  So that's out.  But it may work on PCs, I simply don't know.  On the Mac, I can use Compressor to inhale an OBS-produced h.264 and output another h.264 with the same settings.  That new file is inhaled into Premiere immediately without any hiccups.

I can not tell what the difference is between these files that would make the difference.  I can look at their output in MediaInfo until my eyes bleed, but there's nothing obvious that jumps out.  This is where the devs at Adobe need to jump in and figure out Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is going on.

In the mean:

• Find an app that can transcode h.264-->h.264 and retain CFR
  • Just import your OBS-produced files natively and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.  The import will complete, eventually.  The longer the file and the slower the processor, the longer it'll take.  But it will import.
  • (Use Resolve to edit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there not a way to get adobe 2018 going again? I can always use a different program for game capture but OBS is optimal for my set up, and those files worked totally fine in the 2018 versions, version 12.1.2 in particular 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and yea your right, i can always wait for the import but 80 percent of the time I cant even scrub through the timeline properly let alone edit the video lmao.  for some reason i dont see a fix coming if this has been a thing since the 2019 versions.  not sure how often the come out but ive tried all of the latest that are available off the creative cloud and they all do the same thing.....ultra sad face.  yea ill probably just use a different game capture in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines