• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2015 - All video playback is now choppy. Why?

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new update (2015), I can no longer preview and video (of any format) without it being extremely choppy and unusable.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

After few hours of connection with Adobe Live Chat , operator "Abhinav" figured out the solution. He deleted all the prefences and settings of my Premiere via renaming the Adobe file in the documents like "Adobe.old". After the removal , he opened the Premiere CC and the magic! It's working great now. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 194 Replies 194
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taken one GPU out - problem sorted. Adobe, go forth and fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselecting Composite Preview on Trim doesn't help very much with my frame dropping.  It's also freezing an image during playing and won't start playing in real time again unless I stop and start playback again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After long searches, updating my drivers, cleaning caches, etc. This fixed my issue. This features in bugged and must be disabled to run Premiere Pro properly. Thanks a lot for this finding and sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that rendering the entire sequence (after fiddling with the audio output options) got my Sequence to play without being choppy.  That's not a satisfactory workaround.

But, I also noticed that when I opened a Sequence of select b-roll shots.  The first frame icons in the video timeline started blinking back and forth like a pinball machine.   After a few seconds, it stabilized and showed all of the first frames.  But, that was weird.  Also, I lost the ability to scrub.  The video would hang on one frame and update a new one every second or so.  I wasn't seeing that on CC 2014, so I guess it's back to CC 2014 until Adobe gets this app out of beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting this problem. Stuttering and hitching playback. I've tried everything suggested in this thread to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem, none of the suggestet things work properly. In CC 2014 the same files plays almost perfect. Tried different sound cards, new drivers, latency. Nothing seems to work. Plz shed some light on this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be interesting to note, that on After Effects 2015, I can actually have better playback (RAM preview), than in Premiere 2015.

If Adobe can perhaps explain what changed in the infrastructure of Premiere 2015, we may be able to find the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel,

See my post 15, but I doubt Adobe will respond just yet with a wide-spread solution.

I think there is a fundamental difference in how the engine handles user RAM and Prem Pro has always been cache dependent. The multiprocessing option has also been dropped in AE Preference options. I didn't have too much time on CC 2015 to make tests. All I know is my RAM dumped big time when I exited CC 2015.

I'm now back on CC 2014 and will simply wait until I get some free time and finish my current project to check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that there is a new option in the preferences > Audio Hardware menu.

It's called Latency and when changing its value, the choppy playback changes. The lower the latency, the quicker the "choppiness" is. Playing with this setting doesn't fix the problem, but it seems to reveal, that at least for me, this has something to do with the way Premiere handles Audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, found that too. And also if I do a dynamic link into Adobe Audition the video plays perfect. I'm pretty sure this has to do something with the audio (I heard that the audio core was rebuilt for this version as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting back:  My choppiness goes away on older projects where all the footage matches the Sequence Settings.  It's only on my older projects where the frame rates of some footage clips differ from the Sequence Settings where I'm seeing bad playback performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when this issue will be resolved? This is a major bug that should have held up the release of the update. As a professional video editor - I'm losing time and money because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ASIO4ALL-driver solved my issue temporary. But it makes the rest of my computer a bit buggy so hopefully Adobe can fix it internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, and to confirm some problem, I have downloaded and installed the CC2014 versions of Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and SpeedGrade. They all work as originally experienced. If I switch to the CC2015 versions, Premiere becomes 'sticky' and SpeedGrade, worked, either via the Direct Link or as Standalone, though laggie and sluggish for a few minutes. It then becomes very stop/go and eventually is virtually at a standstill. It is very difficult to then regain control.

I shall in future, make sure that I NEVER change to a new version mid-project and also, NEVER trust any software house with vX.0. Wait until at least vX.1 or even X.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall in future, make sure that I NEVER change to a new version mid-project and also, NEVER trust any software house with vX.0. Wait until at least vX.1 or even X.2.

Many people learn this lesson the hard way.  And the same goes for keeping backups of your media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same choppy problems with both old and new (15) projects.  Like most, I've reverted back to 14.  If 15 is some kind of evil joke to convince me to jump from the adobe ship....its working!  If I turned out a product that worked like this I'd loose every client I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 had some job crippling bugs when it was first released, IIRC.  Adobe will figure it out.  CS6 turned out to be a pretty good build.  I've started to think of their .0 releases as beta, and we're all the beta testers.  Go back and look at post #54, and make that your rule, too.  You can keep an old and new version on your computer and get to know the new features while Adobe is working out the bugs.  Then, you're time ahead when the .2 or .3 version is ready.  In the meantime, you keep making movies with what works.

The pioneers get the arrows.  The settlers get the land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Choppy video playback and when making an edit the program monitor is freezing on some sort of "trim" window.  I clicked on the wrench icon and unchecked the Composite Preview during Trim.  That helped some.  Still getting the audio not found error during playback. 

I was just on chat with support.  The official suggestion was:

Rameez:

I would suggest you to work in 2014 for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the folks on this thread that are still having choppy playback problems (particularly with the audio), can you please post a screenshot of your Audio Hardware preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probelema Premiere.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microfilmdigital‌ Charles VW‌ I guess is more how you configure your output devices in terms of Clocking. you have very abnormal values (Input 48000 Hz/Output 96000 Hz)

First Let's start with the microphone:

ehQ88rI.png

Select your default microphone and set tit to 48000 Hz

now, your speakers are insanely high (96000 Hz, no wonder why)

mHvmsG3.png

Leave them at 48000 Hz, match your mic frequency

In latency, leave 200 ms, it worked for me. As far you do not have any virtual devices selected it will work and the playback should not be choppy.

bV4g5x9.png

Charles VW‌ I guess it is wise to close this thread and manage everything in only one. The topic I started and this one are related to the same problem : Audio hardware issues that ends with clock out-of-sync errors:

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 Audio and Video out-of-sync after upgrading from cc 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microfilmdigital wrote:

Probelema Premiere.jpg

Microfilmdigital‌, as mentioned on other threads. You cannot select ASIO if you have no ASIO drivers installed.  Previous versions of Premiere had the word ASIO in the UI for Audio Hardware settings, but unless you had a true ASIO driver installed, it still wasn't ASIO, it was using a driver architecture called WDM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles VW ha scritto:

Microfilmdigital wrote:

Probelema Premiere.jpg

Microfilmdigital, as mentioned on other threads. You cannot select ASIO if you have no ASIO drivers installed.  Previous versions of Premiere had the word ASIO in the UI for Audio Hardware settings, but unless you had a true ASIO driver installed, it still wasn't ASIO, it was using a driver architecture called WDM.

ok then I just do not understand this story ASIO ....

and then? let all the problems sync audio video so?

try the patches as lower to the latency to 30 ms which is useless?

install ASIO 4 ALL that are not original just to try it and then it does not work?

according to Charles VW I should have ASIO drivers installed ....

inform you that the ASIO drivers do not install it manually!

steps:

1 install the drivers of the Audio tab,

2 install Premiere and are automatically installed ASIO drivers, this is not the case in 2015 premiere ...

ok we changed engine Audio .... we have the audio engine in Audition, premiere 2015 is well known that sound problems we see tackled with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Shame on you Adobe for launching products used by professionals that has so many contract threatening issues! The comments about Pr2015 seem to mirror Acrobat DC; this tends to support all the concerns when CC was launched as a subscription services that Adobe wouldn't be that bothered about update quality or rush to sort out problems. Surely this should have been properly tested as a beta before putting it out for general use? Just had to get that off my chest!

I'm on Win7 and I've signed up to the Win10 upgrade when it launches. I've been debating whether to upgrade to Pr CC2015. In view of all the comments about bugs and crashes, I plan to leave both CC and CC2014 on my machines. BUUTTT, before I do anything, can I confirm:

1. Will 2015 work with Win10?

2. 2015 will not interfere with CC and CC2014? Like others, I already have a Cuda issue with 2014 where it doesn't load every time and sudden I couldn't find my GPU anymore on the supported products list after some of us raised the issue...

Any feedback welcomed here.

Regards,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running win 10 tech preview and 2015 does not work due to same bug

everyone is talking about but I'm sure once Adobe gets their act together

it will run just as 2014 has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines