Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2018 - Display freeze

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've just updated to Premiere CC 2018. However, I'm currently experiencing a quite annoying problem with it. The problem is that as soon as I have imported 3 videos in my project, my sequence window freezes and shows none of what I am doing until I make selection square. When I do that, it now displays the correct things (playback position, clip lenghts, etc.), but it freezes again with the selection square on the screen. It's really weird since when I have two videos imported in the project, everything is flawless. There is no need to say that the projects I've got to do involve more than 2 clips!

I've listed my hardware below, in case it could be helpful.

Thank you very much for your help!

Maxime

Premiere Pro CC 2018

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.3GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

mxmcossette  wrote

Now, how can I downgrade to CC 2017?

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mxmcossette,

Sorry for the freeze issue. Is this happening with all file formats? What is the exact file format of the video you imported?

Have you tried the same with a new project created in Premiere Pro CC 2018?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for answering. I tried to import .wmv and .mts videos. This happened in a new project I've created in CC 2018.

If you need more informations about the problem or my workflow, just ask! I'll be happy to answer you.

Thank you very much!

Maxime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding.  Can you show us what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! At first, you can see with 2 clips how there's no problem. But as soon as I add a third clip, now the problem starts to happen. Here it is:

Thank you!

Maxime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a performance problem to me.  I recommend using Cineform Proxies for all H.264 media.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It effectively seems to be a performance issue from what I can see in the task manager. Look at the screenshots:

adobe 1.jpg

adobe 2.jpg

However, it's definitely not a "normal" performance issue. Effectively, I believe the third clip I've imported (same length as the other two) should not cause a 70% CPU workload increase. I've never had this problem before, working with much more clips from the same camera.

I'll try to use proxies as Jim said, if it works for now, it will be already better! Still, there's obviously something wrong going on with this new version.

Thank you!

Maxime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2.jpgjust installed 2017.1 and it works fine. i will work with this ver. until a stable 2018 update comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is related to .ac3 audio.

Changes to Dolby Decoding and Encoding Support

Is that what your clips have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to convert my clips to with Windows Media Audio, and H264 but I end up with the same result, I think that I'll do just like Ton and wait until a stable version is realeased.

If you have any updates meanwhile, post them here!

Thank you!

Maxime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Maxime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mxmcossette  wrote

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Maxime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried over 20 times. you cant install older versions from creative cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

send me a blank mail to macki.rollerboy38@gmail.com and i will tell you how to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when premiere confirms the videos the RAM goes to 100% and my computer freezes. it didnt happen in the last 2017 version.Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

intel i7-5930K

Asus Strix GTX1060 6GB

Asus Strix x99 Gaming

16GB HyperX Savage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Yesterday i bought 32 GB RAM and SSD disc for media cache and still the same problem:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem. I'm not seeing the issue with 3 clips though. I've only got 2 4k clips and an audio file so far with lots of edits. The CPU is at around 50% and I'm hitting 90% ram usage when verifying clips before leveling off around 12%.

The main window freezes. If I realize the window, I can see what changed then it freezes again. Never had this behavior with 2017 and couldn't reproduce when updating an old 2017 project to 2018. Seems so far to only be the "from scratch" 2018 project.

Weird thing is it was working fine 2 days ago. Did the Fall creators update for windows 10 do this? Only other thing is I installed Davinci Resolve as well.

Corei7 6700k

GTX 1080

32 GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for my problem!  2 of my screens looked like they do in the picture below. This was it's state at Launch of the project. The moment I closed all of the browse windows on the left screen, Premiere started working normally. I then opened those browse windows back up and it kept working normally.

So it seems Premiere is freaking out when launching a saved project if there are multiple browse windows open.  Try closing them all to see if it fixes the issue, then reopening them.

Premiere Not working.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton for posting this solution! After spending two mind-numbing hours trying to figure out how to fix the issue, or possibly downgrade the project, it turns out that freaking panel is the entire problem. Incredible. The lag happened for me when I added a simple 40KB image to the timeline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kxronos This worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What
Closing the multiples of browse windows will clear the problem completely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOly. Crap.

I have been losing my mind with a project doing this. Just because Ive literally tried EVERYTHINGlese I decided to try what you did and it WORKED! I've got more done on this project just in the last few hours than I had in a week because Premiere apparently is a buggy mess. I would have never thought to close out my bins that I have in my other monitors. THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue when adding .wav files to my project. The file imports fine, but then the entire sequence area becomes unusable. Almost like it's stuck loading. Everything else works fine though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got this issue, except it was with multiple audio clips on multiple tracks.

Fortunately, I found a fix for this. Here are the steps I took to rectify this problem.

1) Insert video/audio clip

2) Confirm that the issue is present

3) Single click on the inserted clip

4) Press the delete key

5) Click on one of the other panels in Premiere Pro (I did it with the effects panel on the left)

6) Undo the delete

7) Test the timeline to see if its fixed

and done!

Rinse and repeat each time the problem occurs.

Hopefully this helped you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines