• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes after 13.1.3 update

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm on Windows 10 with an NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 gfx card. After the 13.1.3 update today, Premiere and After Effects both crash at the startup screen. I've done a full wipe using the adobe cleaner too and reinstalled, full wipe of gfx driver and reinstalled, deleted all temp and cache files, and even spoken directly to adobe tech support, and there is apparently no solution to this. The most I got out of tech support is that they think it has to do with my gfx card or driver but they have no solution.

I'm on 10 hours straight trying to fix this and a day behind work. I've already googled it to death and tried every solution to this problem going back years. Nothing works. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

We found the cause of the Premiere Pro 13.1.3 crash on launch when running on Windows.  We are currently testing a fix.  In the meantime, we are providing a work-around, which you can find here:

https://adobe.ly/2LY4cjx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene, we generally found Metal to be faster than OpenCL, but I don't know if that holds true for the older macs with NVidia GPUs.  Apple has been very invested in optimizing AMD drivers, lately.

What version of MacOS are you using?  If you install mac os 10.13.6, you can download the Nvidia Graphics and Cuda drivers from their site.  The system compatibility report provides a link to an article with a section that discusses where to download these drivers.  You need to install BOTH packages.  And they are only support 10.13.6.  Apple prevents Nvidia from releasing new drivers for 10.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...anyone who was able to download that registry-fix ??

Whatever browser I tried (firefox / chrome / safari), clicking on either the *.zip or the "download" link, only causes the page to reload (which is not surprising, because the link contains only a dok with the current url) !?!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megacinn,

Here's a direct link to the zip download, does this work any better for you?  I just re-verified the link.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/10131-102-1-14811/FixPr13.1.3CrashOnLaunch...

You could also try to copy and paste the link in a different browser.  Another thing to consider is antivirus software which scans the zip file and removes it because it contains a .reg file.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

megacinn  wrote

...anyone who was able to download that registry-fix ??

Whatever browser I tried (firefox / chrome / safari), clicking on either the *.zip or the "download" link, only causes the page to reload (which is not surprising, because the link contains only a dok with the current url) !?!?!?

I had no problem downloading using Edge or IE. For me the link shows as a "regular" link to the zip file just as Brian has now posted in post 65.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, but that direct link does'nt work either.

To be absolutely shure, I copied the link to another browser , and saw the correct writing in the headline.

Then....Enter...

the browser starts some applets , and redirects aparently within a second...

... and then I am at the original thread with the message how to install the fix....and here .... click on "fixPr13.1.3Crash.....zip " or on "download" ...it does not matter ...it starts an applet which is only reloading this partticular page.

I'm trying this on a mac (because the productive system (win10) is not connected to the internet.

But regradless firefox/chrome/safari.... it is always the same .... seems that adobe has programmed something which only works for windows-machines..... (same qc as the software itself since more then a year).

and btw... if this is a direct downloadlink.... why is then there a jiveservlet in the adress ??.... a direct link points to a direct adress...and no misfunctioning programm.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registry fix worked on my end on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the solution in message one open the same page in google chrome on windows 10. Switching to edge showed me the page, but the .zip file is not downloaded. Going to the drect link on page 2 is not possible from edge because both clicking on the 2 for the next page and the arrow right both load the same first page again in Edge. Clicking the direct link from chrome shows a constantly loading empty page. It looks like adobe has more problems than only premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GertEbook  wrote

It looks like adobe has more problems than only premiere.

It downloads just fine for me, though I'm not having the issue.

But, yes, I'm thinking something similar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are experiencing difficulty downloading the registry zip, could you try this new link and let me know your results?

https://adobe.ly/2LY4cjx

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Brian,

Yes I was able to download the .zip file, install the registry key, but my premiere still crashes at the splash screen. Sent in a new crash report.

I’m going to downgrade to V13.03 and will wait till I read on the forum that there’s a new update that solves this problem.

Kind regards,

Gert van Cappellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the .zip file now. Installed the registry key. Upgraded my premiere to the latest version again, started premiere and crashed at the splash screen, so I sent in a new crash report.

For my system the problem is not solved, going back to the previous version and now I'm going to wait patiently till a new update will come that really solves the problem.

Luckely I don't have a business that's depending on this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have one of those for mac? I updated to Catalina and now Premiere just crashes on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines