Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Multicam Audio/Video Syncing vs. Pluraleyes

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.

I'm ready to leave Pluraleyes and embrace Premiere's native syncing features, but I'm having trouble creating a master timeline where everything from a shoot is laid out (synced or not).

In Pluraleyes, I can ingest all my footage from a shoot—let's say camera A, camera B, and separately recorded audio. Pluraleyes will sync what it can and then create a master timeline where all the clips are stacked. Anything that wasn't synced is still there (test shots, b-roll, room tone). I love this because I have full control over what audio I'm turning on/off, how I'm stacking clips, etc.

I can't figure out how to do this in Premiere... Using the Multicam syncing feature yields dozens of subsequences and seems to lock you into the multi-camera editing mode.

Am I missing something? Using Premiere, is there a way to sync dozens of clips and have it spit out a single synced timeline with all the tracks and clips present and free to manipulate (no subsequences or multi-camera editing mode required)?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere's multicam is kinda confusing. I would recommend going to @Jarle_Leirpoll site premierepro.net for some tips and links to things there on multicam work.

Also, the Long Form document covers the multicam, and it's mostly written by Jarle ... thankfully.

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Past that, I'll just say the process is to select all the clips in a group needing synced, right-click/create multicam. The first option to think about is if you want the assets that it ends up syncing left in their current bin, or in a sub-bin for the multi. That of course lets you know right off what didn't sync.

If it's not multi camera work, as in no two shots ever overlapping, you can simply flatten the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines