• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2015 will no longer open after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling the app, and restarting my computer.  No luck.  I get the error message, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." when I open the program from the windows start bar.  When I try to launch the app from the creative cloud app (3.41.181) nothing happens.

I am on a Windows 10 desktop computer 64 bit OS

8 Gb of ram

ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics card with lastest drivers (15.11.1) from AMD

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Premier Pro worked just fine yesterday, although I was no longer able to select the accelerate with GPU option when I started a new project.

Other Adobe apps like Lightroom and Audition open just fine.

What should my next course of action be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Hi Travis A,

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

What should my next course of action be?

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.2).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 182 Replies 182
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that's broken is Premiere Pro CC on AMD Phenom II processors. The workaround is to install an older version, which worked fine for several users in this thread (myself included). It sounds like we have very similar editing workstation configurations, and I haven't seen any behavior remotely close to 'crippling Windows 10.'

This is not the first piece of software to ever have an incompatibility, and a suitable temporary workaround has been provided until AMD (or Adobe, if they're ambitious and can figure out a workaround on their end) can resolve the core issue. If you needed to 'strip down and reload' (I assume that means re-install Windows 10?) I would say it isn't a result of the problem this thread is discussing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with it. Tells me it needs to be closed then gives me the error. Why are we paying so much for a program that crashes and gets constant errors. Someone please enlighten me.
1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS), to open the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. If it’s not already selected, click the Apps tab at the top of the window.
  2. In the Find Additional Apps section, choose Previous Versions > View Previous Versions.
  3. Scroll to the app you want to download and click the Install button. Choose an available version to install.
  4. Find the application you wish to revert to in the list, click on the Install menu button, and choose the application you wish to revert to.
  5. The former version of the application is now installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I can't find previous versions of Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator and etc. It's my screenshot. adobe_screen_1.jpg

"Предыдущая версия"  — previous version. Only three items... Oh, my project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do the three tags that start with a "Y" say?

If it is "Update" then click on All Apps and then click View Previous Versions and see what that gives you

Previous.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<What do the three tags that start with a "Y" say?>>
Установить — Install
<<If it is "Update" then click on All Apps and then click View Previous Versions and see what that gives you>>
It is not "Update", it is "Install". adobe_screen_1.jpg I click on "All Apps" (Все приложения), then click "View Previous Versions" (Предыдущие версии) and see this screenshot with only three items: Bridge, Gaming SDK, Edge Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the President and CEO of Adobe - Shantanu Narayen,

Your recent comment this week needs adjustment from

“We locked our customers in the cloud and out poured money Profits double after shift to software subscriptions”

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/11/adobe_q4_fy2015_results/

The Update is the wheels are actually falling of the cash cow of Adobe ref Premiere Pro Nov Release

The purpose of this letter it to notify you directly of our campaign to be called

NOGAF in Reality about the clients within Adobe or the Cloud Base team.

The reality is Adobe Premier Pro Nov Update – Cripples PP Pro and Windows 10

This has effected 10,000s of Adobe Clients and is being ignored by incompetent people

Which by the way you Shantanu now claim not to be unware of..

This smacks of the VW Golf response from the BMW Owners

The reality is that to this day Adobe is still encouraging users to update to a known defective release which they cannot recover from.

This release NOV is a known error producing faulty update this requiring a strip down and reload of the entire PC from Window 10 up and the cleaning of the c drive by reformatting it.

Converting back to a previous Adobe Premiere version as they claim fails to correct the damage done inside Windows 10 and as no revision of the current faulty release has been provided Adobe is knowingly pass off of the problems by way of a sleek PR campaign being run by their customer support teams and encouraging further problems which is misleading and deceptive to the users and clients.

The reality is Adobe is operating a covert stealth operation similar to VW Golf in attempting this cover up.

By following each individual on several forums there is a clear and misleading pattern and practice been undertake by Adobe towards the paying clients which they have exposure to from a class action for damages for.

Regarding the deception and venerability and misleading responses to its client base that since it released the latest update in Nov.

This is effecting many users and has been extremely costly both in terms of damage and loss of profits.

Adobe Comment toward the problem was simply busk passing to another team who pass it on with a suggested reload of the previous version which fails.

Michael Packer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate you are angry Mike - it won't help you getting up being productive again. Follow the advice here about winding back to a prior version and your anger will diminish to a distant grumble as you get back to work.

There have also been recent Windows 10 issues for some with the latest Windows updates and then patches for those updates - if your Windows 10 is "crippled" it may well be a totally unrelated matter. For that issue I had to restore back three points on two computers then re-install updates to repair windows. Those Windows 10 issues were nothing to do with Adobe or AMD, they just coincided.

Adobe has had significant issues previously that have been overcome, well before the subscription model came in - this one will be resolved as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but with Apple Power Mac Pro.. brand new. Rolled by

a version to resolve, thanks to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..Thanks for the responseIt has already move the situation along as nothing else will..Several significant publication are now looking into it. My experience is that pain and greed are the only two motivation Adobe respond to.And affecting the share price is the real game..Mike 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, 12 Dec, 2015 at 2:32 pm, LinnightL<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Premiere Pro 2015 will no longer open after recent update

created by LinnightL in Premiere Pro - View the full discussion

While I appreciate you are angry Mike - it won't help you getting up being productive again. Follow the advice here about winding back to a prior version and your anger will diminish to a distant grumble as you get back to work.

There have also been recent Windows 10 issues for some with the latest Windows updates and then patches for those updates - if your Windows 10 is "crippled" it may well be a totally unrelated matter. For that issue I had to restore back three points on two computers then re-install updates to repair windows. Those Windows 10 issues were nothing to do with Adobe or AMD, they just coincided.

Adobe has had significant issues previously that have been overcome, well before the subscription model came in - this one will be resolved as well.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8285953#8285953 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8285953#8285953

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Pro by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the same error — 0xc000001 d.
My system:

Windows 7 Home 64 bit (Service pack 1)

AMD Athon ™ IIx4 620 Processor 2.6 Ghz

RAM 8 Gb

Instructions MMx(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, using an AMD Radeon HD 74720

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have reinstalled my windows becourse of this problem.... arrr i wish i read it before doing install.  Shame Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here as well.  Premiere and AE won't even launch and I get the 0xc0000001d code.  Audition launches but gives the error upon close.

Running the lastest AMD Crimson software.

I've re-installed all adobe products and even reformatted my HD and reinstalled windows.  I hope this gets fixed soon!  Will be using previous version until a fix is out.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i have reinstalled Windows...nothing is better....

Sorry, is in german but it help:

Adobe Creative Cloud: So installierst du alte Versionen » pixelsucht.net

You can install older CC 2015 Version.

Good Luck!

Adobe...Adobe...i have in 2 Hours a Projekt Deadline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Critical Failure of Adobe Nov Release of Premier and After Effect’s to load on certain PC and Apples.

Thanks you all those on this forum for the supportive PM advice and to simply say let Adobe sit back and continue the carnage on additional user’s who are still being crippled by upgrading to the NOV release and to expect everybody to simply sit still dead in the water while waiting for the 9am to 4pm Adobe programmers who created the disaster who are still struggling trying to work out what they need to do to resolve the problem yet again is simply foolish.

I have dispatched my position to several global blog and news services and financial markets monitoring services that provide analyses on the Adobe Stock Value and several have replied to say it is worthy of investigation.

Well let me explain the reality that there are now 10,000s of effected Adobe Cloud Users effected both from Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro who have been effected.

The reality is that a general fear exists amongst Adobe Users of being punished or cut off from exposing the repeated software failures Adobe have continued to release.

A conservative estimated is that this damage has cost the Abode Cloud users in the range of several $m of dollars in simply costly reloading Windows, damage to clients work in progress,  and general loss of productivity.

No warning was posted by Adobe of the exposure once detected and they have continued to blag their way through the carnage they have caused as usual.

Nor has an acknowledgement been made or a statement provided of any effective solution.

Well the hip pocket share price nerve will address that arrogance and I have extensive experience at achieving that.  

Let Adobe roll on and adopt the head in the sand approach as it is much easier to hit the remaining target and this is all going on while several of the Adobe executive sit around the Bellevue Lake in Seattle contemplating their next monetary strategy for extracting yet excessive additional fees and income while we are now plotting a counter move to cost them in a far great way.

Who in the future is going to have confidence that the re released version of the Nov update is going to be reliable?

Michael Packer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"costly reloading Windows"??? Really?  Links please of where this has been reported necessary.

Out of curiosity Michael, did you wind back to the previous release of Premiere and get back to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linnight

Thanks for the response.

Yes as soon as the Nov Update error first occur I reported it directly to Adobe and then after lots of buck passing finally Adobe requested the system dump file which was supplied and then we tried and followed that up with the specific Adobe Wind Back instructions and that failed also to correct the situation..

Pretty much the same as most others have reported ..

I am not sure of your experience level but to be mislead where direct on going damage occurs where no action is taken by the party is a significant legal situation that over the coming weeks will take on a life of its own.

Yes I can assure you that now finally senior executives are directly involved and they are now closely monitoring their senior management team with concerns and a review is in place.

This now also has the attention of several media providers globally that are concerned about best business practice and are also monitoring the situation and they will be in touch with Adobe for their reaction I understand.

Many other Adobe user with very similar configured system have had the identical same failure and situation and they have come forward concerned about the damage they have been exposed to.

Regarding where this issue is now going as you would be aware several user groups have widely reported of the same problems and the reaction is mixed the old guard simple accepted and have grown familiar with Adobe it seems.

There are how ever many more that are extremely frustrated who appear not to be as tolerate as yourself..

Michael Packer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issues her as i have an AMD 4600 and will not open at all with this error like yours.

I have a project that i was working on 3/4 way done in the newest version and now here at studio will not open at all here where i have to finish it.

I tried to roll back to the previous version and the project will not open in it as Premiere Pro said "this project was opened in a newer version and cannot be opened in this version" or something to that effect.

I'm stuck and i have to get this finished!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem with Premiere and AfterFX. Adobe just released beta patch for AfterFX and I installled it and it corrected the problem. Waiting for Premiere patch to be released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and where you can download this patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta

Hi JtSanborn,
You can find details on reverting to an earlier version of Premiere Pro here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Adobe, where is the fix?!

This is actually the first Adobe error that I have encountered... but it is a grave one and it runs deep.

Where is your release engineering?!  What is its quality assurance, quality control and testing like, seriously?!

It is such a shame!  You carelessly pull in a new codec without verifying that it works properly, perhaps even without reading its accompanying documentation!

I really feel sorry for the poor users!  And I understand that they are rightfully furious.

The culprit of a crash during application initialization is most likely an illegal instruction...

Indeed, loading the faulting application into WinDbg would immediately reveal the cause of the failure: an illegal instruction -- PALIGNR -- is used in the offending module DNxHR.dll, version: 2.1.0.9.  (It is an SSSE3 instruction, which is not supported on family levels of AMD processors lower than 14h.)

It comes from Avid Technology.

A quick search on the Internet would immediately find you the following forum thread:

DNxHR library support for machines not having SSSE3.1 instruction set - Avid Community

The moderator suggests to update the SDK to version 2.2 and somehow "ignore files with 'ssse3' in their names".

I do not know how to do it, because I do not have the SDK, so I am just guessing here, but judging by the response, I suppose that it must be pretty simple and straightforward, without any complicated hacking.

I cannot believe that Avid Technology would be so stupid as to ruin its SDK by hard-coding instructions unsupported on a huge number of computers.

That was posted in August 2015 and you released your updates in November 2015, about a quarter year later, yet the version of the offending module DNxHR.dll suggests that you were still using a previous version of the SDK, possibly an obsolete one. Why? (Again, I am just guessing here.)

But you could find out the above within 15 minutes, or so (and certainly less than 30 minutes, even if you were completely clueless and had to download and install the debugging tools first.)

And it would immediately point you into the right direction, so you could start rebuilding the codec right away; and publish it as soon as possible, together with a humble apology and solemn promise that such a stupid blunder will not happen again, ever!

However, more than 2 weeks later, the fix is nowhere to be found. (Otherwise I would not be fuming here so rabidly. :-D) You must have already disabled a large number Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder installations.

Moreover, even after you were quickly notified -- on 1 December 2015 -- and confirmed the problem soon after the report, you failed to block the offending update.

I shall not apologize for my harsh words because I am shocked by what you did and dismayed at how you have handled it.  This is not some spurious "bug" that can be best characterized as a misfeature, or some obscure programming error (such things are completely normal and happen all the time) -- this is a serious systemic failure on your part.  I hope you (and especially your management) are well aware of it!

Thus, the fundamental question remains: how it is possible that you -- apparently -- failed to test it on the lowest of the supported CPUs?!

Now, over to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the best posts on this subject. I feel the same way antikapitalista1 feels. Where is Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines