• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2015 will no longer open after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling the app, and restarting my computer.  No luck.  I get the error message, "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." when I open the program from the windows start bar.  When I try to launch the app from the creative cloud app (3.41.181) nothing happens.

I am on a Windows 10 desktop computer 64 bit OS

8 Gb of ram

ATI Radeon HD 5850 graphics card with lastest drivers (15.11.1) from AMD

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Premier Pro worked just fine yesterday, although I was no longer able to select the accelerate with GPU option when I started a new project.

Other Adobe apps like Lightroom and Audition open just fine.

What should my next course of action be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Hi Travis A,

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

What should my next course of action be?

Update to Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.2).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 182 Replies 182
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems on same Amd processor Phenom  on windows 10 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank B,

Where is Adobe???

Sorry for your issues. You can address quality concerns by filing a bug here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi antikapitalista,

Come on, Adobe, where is the fix?!...

Where is your release engineering?!...

You carelessly pull in a new codec...!

you released your updates in November 2015, about a quarter year later....

Why?...

Now, over to you...

I am sorry for your frustration. As I understand it, we have discovered a fix for the issue and will release it as soon as we can.

In the future, if you feel like addressing "Adobe" with some kind of frustration, it's time to file a bug report. It's possible that engineering could see your suggestions and complaints here, but unlikely. Only a few dedicated Adobe employees are monitoring forum posts, and we are in support. In other words, we can't fix your issues or address quality. You need to respond via the bug report form if you want to do that.

I hope that info is helpful. If you need to revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro for now, see this blog post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, you are sorry for our frustration?

Common! You finally replied to this thread nearly three weeks after it was created.

You are collecting stats about our computers, and you have Creative Cloud platform through which you could send at least an message to AMD users.

Moreover, after you've found out that the AMD is not working with your latest updates, isn't it better to restrict the latest update to AMD machines or if you don't have this data, just to let all users know that you are experiencing such issues?

You could prevent more complains by doing it this way.

This is really really bad communication, I am losing my money, each minute, by searching for solutions, writing this reply and trying to reinstall or downgrade a software, i am paying you for.

I've reverted to earlier build, but it is still crashing on my AMD Phenom II X4.

This is absolute nonsense. No communication from your side and just half of solutions, no full solutions.

I work in PR in IT security company and this is bad work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Phenom II problem has been reported internally and a fix will be delivered as soon as possible.

This is a user to user forum. The staffers on here participate voluntarily, mostly on their own time, just like users. If you need to file a complaint or to get more details regarding your specific problem, it's best to Contact Customer Care directly and ask for the Video Queue. Thanks for your support and usage of our products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the fix be available by end of the year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH GOD NOOOOOO

i have tried to install the older version

but now i'm getting this

cc.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note regarding this issue on a MAC.  I have run into this problem nearly every day, but it only happens once or twice on a project when I first open it.  When I reopen a second time everything works fine, but granted this is not nearly the issue that's happening on PC's, but is still la bug that could use fixing to eliminate the "cold sweat" when the error occurs.

Thx...jw

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor:  4 GHz Intel Core i7

Graphics card:  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Memory:  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk:  Mac HD/3 TB Fusion

Graphics:  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Video Drives: 6TB Raid “0” in OWC Raid Housing

Write Speed:  328 MB/s

Read 333.7 MB/s

4TB G-Raid

Write 245.9

Read 258.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and the christmas wonder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JWFFVM,

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor:  4 GHz Intel Core i7

This is a thread about the crash on launch issue with AMD CPUs. Please create a separate post for your Mac issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When and how will we be notified that the patch has been released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BW Bridger,

When and how will we be notified that the patch has been released?

• "When" is not question we can answer specifically. Sorry.
  • How will the update be announced?
    • Keep your eye on our team blog and your Creative Cloud application for the update.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 'When" is a specific question you can offer. You are refusing to do so.

We are professionals who's livelihoods are dependent on your software. It can't just stop working with no expectation of when it will be fixed. Does this sound remotely acceptable to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply switched back to Blackmagic Resolve ..

NOGAF about the problems i was having as it was effecting this configuration ... 

Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 20 °C Skylake 14nm TechnologyRAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1071MHz (15-15-15-36)Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII RANGER (LGA1151) 25 °CGraphics U28E590 (3840x2160@60Hz) U28E590 (3840x2160@60Hz) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 37 °CStorage 238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SSD) 27 °C 238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SSD) 24 °C 3726GB Seagate ST4000DX001-1CE168 (SATA) 29 °C 3726GB Seagate ST4000DX001-1CE168 (SATA) 30 °COptical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0Audio NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 'When" is a specific question you can offer. You are refusing to do so.

Hi KB8WFH,

Sorry that I cannot answer those questions prior to release. I'm not personally "refusing to do so." I'm simply not allowed to as part of my job. Sorry.

We are professionals who's livelihoods are dependent on your software. It can't just stop working with no expectation of when it will be fixed. Does this sound remotely acceptable to you?

I do my best with the instructions I am given. If you have an issue with that, please report it to management here.

If your issue has not been solved by the update, let us know here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tangklang,

OH GOD NOOOOOO

i have tried to install the older version

but now i'm getting this

Sorry to hear that. Can you work with support? Start a chat with support here. Ask for the video queue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Adobe website, the forum is a "contact option" for support:

Untitled-1.jpg

Since there isn't an option to email support, this is a far more efficient option to ask a question like "when will the update be released?".  Otherwise, you have to call or chart and wait to get connected to someone.  What a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan Watts . wrote:

According to the Adobe website, the forum is a "contact option" for support:

Untitled-1.jpg

Since there isn't an option to email support, this is a far more efficient option to ask a question like "when will the update be released?".  Otherwise, you have to call or chart and wait to get connected to someone.  What a waste of time

Correct, our user community is a form of support and some employees come here regularly to help too. However, employees can't talk publicly about release dates that have not yet been announced, and public users won't know what those dates are. Otherwise I would have just told you myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lehunter,

Dear Adobe, you are sorry for our frustration?

Common! You finally replied to this thread nearly three weeks after it was created.

We don't have many employees in the forums. There's no possible way to answer every single post here. Sorry to disappoint you. I do the best I can, but If you need a response from "Adobe", please contact support here.

You are collecting stats about our computers, and you have Creative Cloud platform through which you could send at least an message to AMD users.

If that's something you'd like us to do in the future, please give us feedback about that request here.

I've reverted to earlier build, but it is still crashing on my AMD Phenom II X4.

Can you work with support on that? You should be able to continue working with a previous version without issues.

I work in PR in IT security company and this is bad work.

Sorry about that. Again, if you have issues with quality or communication, please contact us via the bug report link.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest comments on this horrific mess...

Was this a case of the Adobe download severs being hacked or was this a simple case of an extremely disgruntled talented employee who is responsible for this crisis.

Adobe are playing the old end game of simply ignoring us and hopefully the tranquilizers we have been put on while on hold now for nearly 4 weeks will allow for this to slide by coupled with the stupidity of the users for tolerating the lack of any reliable information and updates plus the fact that in fact there is no plan of any solution that exists in the short term is of concern.

I note several users are finally getting irritated and are finally becoming alarmed as to why Adobe are proving very elusive about the current difficulties.

This is a poorly organized Adobe public relations strategy about simply trying to down play the drama and problems to avoid detection within the user community and financial markets.

This crisis effects most users and vendors and also Intel on the PC and several other platforms and is a reflection of no quality control, no updating of partner technology, plus no support from QuickTime..

It is a major deep rooted reality by Adobe that they have peaked and are now simply pushing the policy of all care and no responsibility and grabbing the cash.

Misleading users by not disclosing the reality and the damage they have caused is starting to come back on them finally..

Plus expecting the old attempt by the Adobe staff on here to keep requesting each new victim of a known technical difficulty and situation be asked to fill out the software bug form as a brush off is of equal concern..

It is like watching a stack up on a frozen freeway where simply more cars and trucks keep piling into the existing wrecks..

Meanwhile each new wreak is politely being  asking to stand in line with the rest of the effected parties and to fill out yet another complaint contact sheet detailing what has happened that crippled their Mac or PC which many have already done over the last 4 weeks..

It is a NOGAF in reality situation..

Have a Happy Christmas and New Year Adobe while we all sit looking at out editing system destroyed and crippled…and being billed for it still…lols

Mike   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been unable to install the slightly-less-new version? I'm not sure what you want to happen here. There is a bug in Adobe's implementation of the AMD SDK (or similar enough as makes no difference). Both parties are aware of the problem, and a fix will be released as soon as it works. As antikapitalista1alluded to, this is likely something Adobe did not even know they needed to test for, and it slipped through release engineering's tests. It happens all the time, and I don't know what software you're used to using that has never had a bug. Now that they're aware, new tests need to be written and incorporated into the release engineering process to ensure that whatever fix is developed can be tested for (otherwise we could have the same problem again).

Also, a workaround is in place that temporarily fixes affected users. Developers unfortunately need to juggle a great many things, such as conforming to company standards, implementing new features, addressing existing bugs, and reinforcing development infrastructure.

Also, you appear to have missed the point that this forum consists of users helping users. Some of those users also happen to work at Adobe, and have made (not insignificant) efforts to get everyone back to a working state.

As far as I can see, there is no reason for any editing system to be 'destroyed and crippled' by this bug. The workaround is a simple case of following instructions. If you're having problems with that, explain the problem. Complaining and threatening Adobe here isn't going to have any of the results you apparently think it should, but we can probably work together to get you back to working. Have you tried the workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesse OBrien wrote:

Have you been unable to install the slightly-less-new version? I'm not sure what you want to happen here. There is a bug in Adobe's implementation of the AMD SDK (or similar enough as makes no difference). Both parties are aware of the problem, and a fix will be released as soon as it works. As antikapitalista1alluded to, this is likely something Adobe did not even know they needed to test for, and it slipped through release engineering's tests. It happens all the time, and I don't know what software you're used to using that has never had a bug. Now that they're aware, new tests need to be written and incorporated into the release engineering process to ensure that whatever fix is developed can be tested for (otherwise we could have the same problem again).

Also, a workaround is in place that temporarily fixes affected users. Developers unfortunately need to juggle a great many things, such as conforming to company standards, implementing new features, addressing existing bugs, and reinforcing development infrastructure.

Also, you appear to have missed the point that this forum consists of users helping users. Some of those users also happen to work at Adobe, and have made (not insignificant) efforts to get everyone back to a working state.

As far as I can see, there is no reason for any editing system to be 'destroyed and crippled' by this bug. The workaround is a simple case of following instructions. If you're having problems with that, explain the problem. Complaining and threatening Adobe here isn't going to have any of the results you apparently think it should, but we can probably work together to get you back to working. Have you tried the workaround?

All affected users please read this. And then read it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is looking for "official" word from Adobe regarding the forthcoming patch for this issue, the release notes for the AfterEffects 13.6.1 patch had this to say:

After Effects no longer fails to start on computers with older processors lacking a specific instruction set (e.g., AMD Phenom II and Athlon processors). The error message given for this specific issue was “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)” or “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)”. Note: A similar issue affects Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.1), for which the fix is somewhat more involved. An upcoming Premiere Pro update is intended to address this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However:

There may be a solution to the "Premier Pro CC Crashes on Load" problem (results in a 0xc0000142 error --- most likely affects people with AMD processors that do not support SSE 3.1).

Take a look at this thread which was created on Jan. 3, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with Premiere Pro CC 2015.1.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 2.8 GHz, 16 GB Ram

Graphics Card: Dual AMD Radeon 7970 on Crossfire

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional SP1

Rolled back to 9.0, then upgraded to 9.0.2 instead for the time being. Back running for now.

/M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines