• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2022 - Dynamic Link Not working with After Effects

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to PP 22, dynamic link with AE is not working. I've tried going to documents and putting OLD after dynamic link folder, but this did nothing.

This is so disappointing and am actually installing beta versions to finish a project. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

This morning, there was an update to AfterEffects (22.0.1). Since, at this point, we had nothing to lose, we decided to install it and see if anything improved.

Thankfully, it did! Older projects with Dynamic Linked .aep files (which is kind of our bread and butter around here) all worked and rendered out just fine. Some of them took a little longer than others to "find", but they all showed up eventually.

I will grant you we only checked a small snumber of projects - just our latest projects -

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Just an update on our side with regard on this dynamic link problem.

As of now with the latest update PP 22.11 AE 22.11 ME 22.11 , the dynamic link is working properly.

I hope also the lumetri will be fix soon.

Ill update here soon if something wrong comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 283 Replies 283
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Dynamic link is not working with Media Encoder and Premiere Pro. Tried to clean cache, reinstall and nothing worked. While adding AAE comp to PP, program freezes, but when you queue AAE comps in ME it cannot connect to this project. Never had simmilar problem.

Working on macOS Monterey 12.0.1

128GB RAM, CPU i9 3.6 Ghz, GPU Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic link... broken. By extension Essential Graphics... broken. The two main reasons to use Premiere over anything else. If I have to pre-render all my graphics, I may as well use a different package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go ahead and try an alternative and you'll find different but equally serious issues... I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy, so I always render out of AE and place that directly on top of my AE comp in the premiere timeline...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on 2017 iMac pro.  Dynamic link doesn't work, and freezes up PP so that menus no longer drop and the beachball of death appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i had tried uninstalling, reinstalling and nothing was working. 
I contacted support and they had me go to After Effects and go to Preferences>Memory and
performance and then turn of the option for Multi render and then close AE and then
restar my computer. So far so good, everything seems to be linking now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe's solution is to turn off the flagship feature of the new update?  Did they say this was a temporary solution?  Obviously it should work with multiframe rendering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarF thank you so very, very, much. Lost most of the day to this but finally I'm rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!!! Thank you so much for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't work for me, but my issue is with .mogrt files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked as a temporary fix for me too (for A LOT of the issues I was having with 2022 versions). After Effects was literally choking the CPU's ability to do anything else, especially Dynamic Linking. Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I spoke too soon. The AE files did link back up after turning off Multi-frame render and restarting, but I still had issues when sending the timelines from Premiere to Media encoder. Still needing to full-reboot my computer any time I need things to re-link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we downsave our Premiere projects from 2022 to 2021 so we can work on them until Adobe releases an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was export the project as a XML file in PPro 2022. I believe you have to do this for each timeline in your project. Then I went back to the previous version of PPro and imported that XML file and my timeline was mostly there. I had to re-link AE comps and recreate any graphics I had made with the essential graphics in Premiere. So, a little bit of work but, better than starting over. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we downsave our Premiere projects from 2022 to 2021 so we can work on them until Adobe releases an update?

By @Seb29

Try creating a new project in 2021 and import the old project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me after a clean (formatted) install of mac os. So, I don't think residual files are the issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help:

I was having the same VERY FRUSTRATING problem, especially with a few deadlines looming. What solved the issue for me (at least for now) was to open the AE project, save as, and simply have it replace itself.

I am now able to re-connect the broken links and everything seems to be working ok.

Good luck to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--that worked for me and saved me a lot of time recreating lower thirds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing I've found that seems to work - First open the linked AE project > RAM render and save > open Prem app > delete all caches before opening Prem project > try to link media by right clicking on the AE linked layer in the project pane > locate and hit link > let prem freeze and then force quit > re-open Premiere > without clearing cache, open Prem project. Seems to work. Suuuuch a hassle but seems to be working. This is such a screw up, almost every project I'm working on has multiple linked Ae layers... FML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, made the decision to uninstall all 2022 versions and therefore lose my entire day of work. That seems like a better solution than restarting my computer 10 times a day. Nearly 100% of my Premiere projects include lots of Dynamic linking.

This does have something to do with After Effects' new "multi-frame rendering" feature choking the CPU, but I don't think there's enough data yet to know exactly how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linking between AE and Pr was working fine, it wasn't until I tried to render in ME that all of a sudden Premiere Pro can't find the media (yellow screen) from dynamic link AE files and ME either won't load my projects or once they load and start exporting they freeze about 1/10 of the way through the sequence. Been working on getting a finished project to my client for about 3 hours now. Learning my lesson and turning off automatic updates from Adobe. I've done several uninstalls and reinstalls. I've cleared off my hard drive. I've tried loading the sequence directly from ME and exporting within Pr. Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugugale anche a me, dopo aggiornamento al 2022 dynamic link non funziona più. Perso progetti già editati, ma Adobe come fa a rilasciare aggiornamenti con questo problema? Ho perso un sacco di tempo per disinstallare e reistallare le versioni precedenti. Ma caspita uno quando paga un abonamento si aspetta di non incorrere a questi problemi.

Sicuramente non rinnovo l'abbonamento

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you checked the FAQs for this forum, they've one on Pr/Ae dynamic link issues. It involves having the new multi-frame rendering in Ae turned on. Turn that off it may fix your problems.

That was working fine in the public beta but for some users the public release of that new feature has problems. Even though for most it doesn't. They're trying to get that sorted. How long until an update/patch, no one knows.

But for now turn off multiframe rendering in Ae if you're having dynamic link troubles.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off multiframe rendering does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has helped some, sorry it hasn't helped you ... this is a right royal pain. I and many others aren't having any troubles with this, but some are pretty hammered. Why? What's the difference that breaks things?

I thought it was interesting that Hunter C was working fine until he queued an export through MediaEncoder. Weird that somehow that fritzed things ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was weird. Not sure why it happened. I eventually got the project to work by making sure AE was open to the project being exported (which meant consolidating the projects into a single one) and it still froze on me in ME (oddly enough, it froze at the second appearance of the same AE comp I used as a front title and an end title) so then I eventually got it to export in Premiere. If anyone cares, I'm using a 2019 15-inch MacBook Pro with i9 processor, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro Vega 4GB GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines