• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.1 performance issues after upgrading (Windows and NVIDIA)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here 
i have win 11 RTX3070ti 
intel corei7 12gen H
after the update it become slow on work flow going back good option 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I am really curious if Adobe is recognising this problem. I see more and more people complaining about sluggish performance of premiere since last update. But a lot of responses are about if those people did this or that to see if it will improve performance or about outdated hardware. Is there a bug in the latest premiere (or does it have to do with NVIDIA-drivers), or do we just have to deal with it and expect that Premiere is getting more demanding for our workstations?

Sorrie to directly put this to you, but since you have 'Adobe Employee' underneath your name I thought I might give it a try 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin is a very experienced SoCal video post pro, has done editing color & what all else over the years. Taught FCP back when it was like 4 or 5, something like that. And is a Product Support staffer for the Adobe video apps now.

They divvy up Support and Dev on different "teams" so he's not in dev work, but of course does have direct connections to them. And is a great advocate for users to the devs. You get a chance to get to NAB/Vegas, he's always there ... and a great guy to meet.

Just for a bit of info on the guy ... and yes, he's definitely one to talk to about this stuff. Especially if you've got plenty of details so he can pass on a very clear explanation of all variables to the devs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

to back your sluggish performance issue, I did a bit of research.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-23-extremely-slow-and-cpu-consuming...

No response from Adobe or anyone as of yet..

Regards,

Hauke 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm. Premiere v. 23.1 works sluggishly and is not responsive. After some time working with the project, PlayHead freezes and freezes when returning to the first frame and vice versa to the last. Sadly. It should improve, but we see the opposite.

Spec>

Win-11, Core - 9900 K, RTX 2070 Super, RAM - 32 Gb (3000 Mh) , M.2 - 3500 mb/s. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Works well only for some time just after aplication start.
Windows 11, gtx3060ti, ryzen 9 3950x, 64gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same for me. I thought my one of my raid drives is the cause of this laggish behaviour. Only restart of Premiere gives relief for some time. Adobe please fix this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users are getting sluggish behavior. While the vast majority are screaming along rather than screaming at their computer.

I work daily in both Pr and Resolve, and that wide variety of user performance is happening in both. Which is frustrating. It's not easy to sort out each user's issue. 

If you're on Nvidia cards, go back to the 517.40 driver as itcseems all newer ones can be problematic.

Set default audio input to none. Dump all cache files with Pr either closed or with no projects open.

If the project was updated from a previous version, create a new project in 23.x.

Now open that project and go to the MediaBrowser panel. Select the older project file, right-click and import the assets of the old project. That may help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Nvidia cards, go back to the 517.40 driver as itcseems all newer ones can be problematic.

Neil

By @R Neil Haugen

528 is out, might want to try that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is also sluggish and poorly reproduced. This problem is at the Premiere software level. In the previous version v.22 everything worked much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do when I hit the studio in a bit!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous drivers are not solution to this case. It happens on those either. Going back to older release of Premiere Pro did the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the 517.40? That has for most people been the latest working driver, but ... won't work with 4000 series cards.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is not a machine/user/driver problem. This is a software problem. I'm on Mac and both myself and clients are suffering from this. Seems dropping back to 2022 is the only short-term resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig,

In your case, on macOS, yes, it's a bug. On PC, it might be a driver issue. Sorry about that! This is the PC bug. Would you like me to move your complaint to the macOS bug report? Happy to do that. 🙂

Thanks.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

- This is not a problem with the drivers, I have checked it with various versions - At the beginning, the program works correctly, but over time it's getting worse. Thus, it cannot be a driver's fault. - Besides, version 23.1 has a problem with rendering when we do save on the same disk where the project is. Program is unable to save a file due to lack of disk space, which is nonsense because there is 500gb free space. - All problems disappear after reverting to version 23.0

Conclusion: This is definitely software fault. Version 23.1 is useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree 1000%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar issues specifically with the lag on playback. 

Luckily changing the audio hardware preference worked for me. 

Thanks Neil!

link for the thread I originally found it in: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/huge-performance-and-lag-issues-with-premier...

WarriorKnot_0-1674742128481.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohammad22644740grwc,

You've been suffering from faulty drivers for over a month? Pure torture. Try a clean installation of the new 528.24 studio drivers. Let us know how it goes, OK? Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with version 23.1, the solution for me was to use premiere in window, not use it maximized, so I think the problem comes from the nvidia drivers (studio drivers 528.24), have a laptop with nvidia and intel integrated gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with Mac Ventura. I'll have to migrate to another program. Maybe Final Cut. Too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac issues are a different thing ... and program head Francis Crossman just posted an additional thread about issues with holding memory for sequences and declining performance over several minutes as an acknowledged bug.

There's a couple things already officially noted about the Macs at this point.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and I have an excellent computer. Still, Premiere got totally unusable. But it was a graphics driver issue. It's fixed now. Nvidia made a driver update that broke Premiere. Adobe even showed me a warning about this. I had to disable the GPU acceleration. This way it was still slow, but kind of usable. Yesterday I got a new driver update from Nvidia, switched back to GPU acceleration and voilà - everything works fast and fine again. Still, as I use Premiere professionally, it wasn't a great couple of weeks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Andreas.

Great news. Which driver was it that worked? Let us know.

Best,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 531.18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LadyJedi,

Sorry about that. Do you have a PC with an NVIDIA?

Edit: Try updating to the 528.49 studio drivers, not the game ready ones. Need help with that? Let us know. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines