• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.1 performance issues after upgrading (Windows and NVIDIA)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here 
i have win 11 RTX3070ti 
intel corei7 12gen H
after the update it become slow on work flow going back good option 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in Windows, I just downgraded, plus a lot of crashes and bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same problem here after updating. After a while the timeline get's less responsive. Never experienced this before.

Specs:

Premiere version 23.1.0
Windows 10 (up-to-date)

Intel Core i7-5930K CPU
NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU (latest studio drivers v.527.56)
32GB RAM
Seperate SSD's for software and caching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...I've been editing some more after the weekend, but Premiere is getting so slow it's almost not usable now. Is Adobe working on this? I am affraid to rollback versions because I 'm working on quite a big project in 'Productions'. I don't want any version conflicts in my projects. (I shouldn't have updated yet...I know...guess I just felt lucky 😉 )

I couldn't find this problem in any 'know issues' list, so it would be nice if Adobe could confirm that the problem is acknowledged and that they are working on it.

Specs:

Premiere version 23.1.0
Windows 10 (up-to-date)

Intel Core i7-5930K CPU
32GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:

Premiere version 23.1.0
Windows 10 (up-to-date)

Intel Core i7-5930K CPU
32GB RAM

By @Itam

CPU is somewhat underpowered.

Most stuff runs on cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to work fine for a long time...untill now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You updated the software so must you do with the hardware especially  the cpu.

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...time to upgrade CPU then I guess. My selfbuild workstation is getting old. But again....untill recent update everyting in premiere was working smooth as butter. Even never had any problems with 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Currently editing a feature and experiencing extreme lag. Before the update i was editing 4k without problems. My CPU is well over the recommended. Adobe better be rolling out an update soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a 12900KS and 3090Ti and having the same issues, its not hardware related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jon23769911dmjz 

It sounds like you have a solid machine.  

When troubleshooting, the next thing to look at would be the operating system and system drivers (namely display drivers), file formats, third-party plugins, addons, extensions, and fonts.  Even other software running at the same time as the video editing application should be considered (anything that may be using system resources).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton the application works for most users with standard fonts and there are no plugins at all. Stop hiding the performance problem. This is a problem at the Premiere software level. Admit the mistake, and do not look for flaws in users. The person above wrote to you, who has a very very excellent filling and it also does not help. Even if he has the latest 4090 RTX, I'm sure the problem will persist. It's funny, but it's a fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Baffy19 

As long as the font is a font format that Premiere Pro supports and can be validated upon installation, it should work as expected.  Fonts with regular use, however, can become corrupted like any other computer file and as such cause a crash.

As far as third-party plugins go, any of the following should work well as long as they are up-to-date:
Third-party plug-ins and tools for Adobe Premiere Pro

Plugins, like any other computer file, can become corrupted or out-of-date and as such cause a crash.

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 is, obviously, top of the line, and with a compatible system is excellent for 8K HDR gaming and virtual reality.  For video editing, however, the cost of that graphics card is better put to use for something like high-speed, high-capacity storage media.  (Users should consult this guide when determining how to best configure a workstation.)  When it comes to brand-new hardware (be it a motherboard, processor, or graphics card) or brand-new software (be it the operating system, a system driver, or an application), it's a good practice to test it for stability before committing to it.  With hardware and software that has been available for at least a few months, many issues that may come up are already known and can be quickly resolved or avoided.  For example, some RTX 4090 owners are having an issue with the cable melting.  With that as a known issue, someone purchasing that card today knows to take extra care when attaching the cable to pay careful attention to the latch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the comments puzzle me. Such as ... well, apparently, if someone posts, they have a problem, no matter what it is, other users here are simply supposed to say something like, "Adobe screwed up, you're hosed, next post."

As that is what seems to be the point of a recent post. This is critical for anyone applying typical troubleshooting steps to try and help someone with a problem. It involves getting information about their system, media, effects used, and plugins, all sorts of other things.

But apparently, any practical attempt to troubleshoot with another user is somehow apologizing for or "allowing Adobe" off the hook or something.

Well, I don't see that at all. I see an attempt to help someone finish their work, which is good despite whatever issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

i posted this a while ago and didn't get a response.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-23-extremely-slow-and-cpu-consuming...

If you see a solution, please tell me what I and my colleagues can do.

After a while (as stated by many others now) the timeline gets less responsive and on the brink of not usable.

I have to say I agree with "Stop hiding the performance problem. This is a problem at the Premiere software level. "

It's time for a solution.

Best regards,

Hauke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ann, thanks for all your valuable posts.
My specs are very decent ( i9-12900KF/64Gb RM/RTX3080-10) but Premiere 23.2 is constantly freezing to the point I can no longer work. This happened after I upgraded the Nvidia Studio drivers to 531.41. I'm trying reinstalling those drivers, next I'll try to go back to the previous drivers. However I ungraded the card drivers because Premiere was showing display problems as it's done in the past on outdated drivers, So I'm not sure where the problem lies. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

Claudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't just a Windows issue. I'm experiencing the exact same problem on ny Mac. I've gone back to 2022 and all is fine. PPro2023 is seriously busted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every main release of adobe apps is horrible. Nothing works, now I have to downgrade.

Mod note: Edited for content. Do not use profanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here bro. also for close a simple windows of properties o whatever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non of these solutions worked for me. CC won't even let me install the previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently buy a new computer, you can look it up asus rog flow x16 ryzen 9 ram 32 gb 3070ti. It's a good system. When I started to use premier pro I felt like I was using my old pc. That's unacceptable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: SLow in what way ? playback, total handle of premiere?  The UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know if it's because of an auto update or something like this, but my premiere pro become suddenly very very VERY slow.

Moving element on timeling lag, navigate on timeline lag, extend element on timeline lag, playback is impossible to work with because too much lag. Lag start when I try to just play a video without any effect on it !! Even with proxy (very low proxy), tried to check/uncheck high quality playback, tried all playback resolution, even 1/16 lag. And EVEN when I render from in to out a little part of my sequence, the line is green, BUT playback is lagging, that's not normal...

I've read on this forum to swith audio hardware input to none, this doesn't help.

CUDA is of course activated, all my footage, project and cache are on different M.2 SSD

Lumetry scope away too.

I don't know what to do. Everything works fine few days ago, but now it's impossible to work in this conditions...

PC specs :

Windows 10 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
128 Gb RAM
RTX 3090

Thank in advance for your help ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exemple with green timeline lag in attachement.. Never seen that before, there is a problem but can't find where is this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Guillaume,

Try rolling back GPU drivers to 517.xx or your version of Premiere Pro. Sorry for this error.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines