• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 lag

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i have updated to the Premiere Pro CC 2017 update, the whole software is laggy, the preview is on the lowest possible quality and is impossible to edit with as it lags so bad. And rendering previews takes about 5 times longer too. The software was completely fine before the update and had no issue's. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Hi JackA,

Since i have updated to the Premiere Pro CC 2017 update, the whole software is laggy, the preview is on the lowest possible quality and is impossible to edit with as it lags so bad. And rendering previews takes about 5 times longer too. The software was completely fine before the update and had no issue's. Thanks

You have not returned to this thread or the forums at all in several months, so we don't know if you ever solved this issue or not. In the interim, since the post has not been m

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you better roll back to an earlier version as I see no  performance difference with my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems , its appalling , not only does it need to render the whole clip if you add a few frames on the end but it stutters , crawls and the timeline is hardly playable even set on 50% , The project worked just fine in 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Bill, I'm also not seeing any performance difference.  Tested with new and old projects on two Windows 10 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder then if its a Mac OS issue , working back on 2015 V 10.4 and its fine .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Windows 10. Premier Pro 2015 was super responsive before update.

I've noticed that having certain windows open really affects performance dramatically. The 'Effects Controls' window makes scrubbing VERY choppy - if I close it, the performance is much better, but still nowhere near Premier Pro 2015.

Windows 10, Premier Pro 2017, i7, Nvidia GTX 1050 ti, 32gb ram and SSD HDDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Effects Controls' window makes scrubbing VERY choppy

With my GTX 1070, I find the Lumetri Scopes panel to be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this to work somewhat. I'm going to assuming my system doesn't have enough memory to allocate for premiere which is a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off "Linear colour (requires GPU) feature in Sequence preview settings. Its a resource hog. Helps in some projects. Premiere will always select this on every new project or sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found moving thru a sequence is more responsive if I've performed an Audio Render. There's an issue with PPro2017 where those are being forgotten when restarting the app. So maybe your old performance was based upon having that audio rendered and now it is not? Try Audio Render for a sequence and see if more responsive after. (This is assuming multi-cam sequences are used. But certainly on my box performance issues have been almost always tied to audio not video so altering video quality would never fix it for me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix yet? I just purchased CC 2017 and am having the same issue. i haven't even been able to use it properly and this is the first impression I get...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems is many of us aren't having a bad lag issue. So it's harder to nail down, and I don't think it's one "thing", but several things that can happen probably dependent upon specific hardware/media/effects used.

As above, someone has a problem with ECP if it's open ... another with Lumetri scopes. I work fine with both open. Go figure!

Multiple Lumetri for me slows things ... but I've seen others with not much more/different hardware than mine, with four Lumetri on a clip, and it's plays perfectly.

So ... post your specifics, hardware/OS, media, and typical effects/workflow/tools used. We'll all look through these for suggestions or commonalities.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nothing open, just the program monitor.

No effects.

OS is windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us detail hardware info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new computer. Windows 10 home

i5-6500

32gb ram

GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

Samsung SSD 250gb

No other applications other than Norton running

Not possible to add any effects or color corrections or anything else. Extremely laggy is an understatement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you have a weak i5 CPU with four cores but no hyperthreading available.  You might have to consider an upgrade to for instance one of the newer i7 processors like an i7-7700K processors if you media is complex decoding-wise.  It will give you 4-cores with hyperthreading so you will have 8 threads running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found a couple of nice editors that handled heavy editing of 4K videos just fine with my current CPU, and rendered the final video much faster than an unedited, just imported video in Premiere.

Guess this is goodbye to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other applications other than Norton running

I recommend step 3D.

Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but alas, didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Chiming in with the solution to my own Premiere Pro lag problem. I'd recently installed GoPro VR player just to try it out then deleted it right away. What I didn't realize was that the program modified my Premiere settings also. I opened preferences --> playback, under Video Device, GoPro VR Player is checked. I unchecked it and checked Adobe DV. Problem went away.

I do agree that the causes are probably different for each user here but I'm posting this just in case it might be of help to anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did to fix the issue was to downgrade to 2015.3 and convert my videos to GoPro cineform using the GoPro editor and then editing in Premier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI guys i had the same problem after the update to 2017 . i tryed all the above , but what fixed the problem for me is that i just did a reset to the workspace that i used and everything went back to normal . no choppy previews and playback any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify what you mean by a "reset" to your workspace? You mean you just did a "reset to saved layout?"

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed my Creative Cloud apps on my brand new computer which is running Windows 10, has an i7 processor and, 22GB of RAM. I'm working on a project that has Multicam with only two views.

I should NOT be experiencing any lag whatsoever, but when I playback my video, I occasionally see significant choppyness and sometimes the stop button is unresponsive while playing. I checked my resource monitor and it's the CPU that's being bumped to up to 107% when I play the video.

Also, any effects I add to clips causes that clip to not render in the timeline (has the red line above it). Playing in those areas causes choppy and laggy playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a fuller description of the hardware ... specific CPU chip, the GPU/vRAM, the number, type, and connection of drives in use (as say "NVMe system; two spinning 7500 rpm drives and an SSD internal; Samsung T3 external via USB3, with OS/programs on the system, cache on an internal SSD, project files and media on the other two internals, and exports to the external drive").

This would give us a much better feel for the hardware and the limitations that's running into here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines