• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 won't open

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to 2017 Premiere Pro. When I try to launch it from the Creative Cloud App it shows the initializing but once that's complete the actual program isn't showing on the screen. It shows up in task manager but that's it. There is no error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Not sure why it worked but I switched to the guest profile on my Mac and then switched back to mine. Adobe then detected an error and asked me to uninstall Premiere. I did as it asked and reinstalled it without my preferences and it has opened. I would still love to hear further information as to why this may have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davidh,

Run Premiere Pro as an Administrator & check. Following are the instructions:

1. Quit all Premiere Pro processes running in background in Task Manager.

including Adobe Dynamic Link Manager CC 2017.0 Process, Adobe QT32 Server CC 2017.0 process,

2. Right Click on Premiere Pro shortcut key > Choose Run as an Administrator.

Please let us know the status of the Issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

Same thing is still happening. Get the initializing and it shows in task manager but no program is visible.
Specs:
Windows 10
i5 3570K
GTX 970
12 GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davidh,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Check in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application for Premiere Pro related error logs.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766401(v=ws.11).aspxPost the General Information of the Error log like Faulting module name, Faulting module path.

Please, do not post complete log.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fault bucket , type 0

Response: Not available

Problem signature:

P1: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

P2: 11.1.2.22

P3: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1

P4: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

P5: Adobe Systems Incorporated

P6: 200

P7: -1

p8 - p10 is blank

Attached files:

C:\Users\J_Smooth\AppData\Local\Temp\{e6ea03be-614c-415f-9340-7941d85fdf5f}\appcompat.txt

C:\Users\J_Smooth\AppData\Local\Temp\TabB931.tmp

I do not see the "Attached files" in the directory it is pointing to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jarenS3068,

Sorry for the issue. Have you tried the steps recommended by the users above?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed LavasoftTcpService64.dll to Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll and got the latest versions of Photoshop CC 2017 and Dreamweaver CC 2017 working but Premiere Pro gave me the "stopped working" error when trying to start it up. Removed Premier Pro CC 2017 and reinstalled Premier Pro CC 2015.4 but now it gives me the "stopped working" error.

Also appears neither Bridge CC 2017 nor Bridge CC 2015 will work.

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 10.4.0.30, time stamp: 0x579b0be5

Faulting module name: dynamiclink.dll, version: 10.4.0.30, time stamp: 0x579ae4a5

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000001e7f3

Faulting process id: 0x28f8

Looks like I'm going to have to spend hours running the CC Cleaner Tool for Windows and reinstalling software. Running Windows 10. Tried running Premiere Pro CC 2017 as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found more Lavasoft programs, renamed them and everything works.

Renamed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft to C:\Program Files (x86)\Old.Lavasoft

C:\Windows\System32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll to C:\Windows\System32\Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll

C:\Windows\System32\LavasoftTcpServiceOff.ini to C:\Windows\System32\Old.LavasoftTcpServiceOff.ini

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpService64.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LavasoftTcpServiceOff.ini to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll

Before renaming anything it would be probably be best to see if you can use "Programs and Features" to uninstall Lavasoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Lavasoft program was a pop-up blocker. If you have anything that blocks pop-up's or prevents adobe from calling home (anti-malware), it might be causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot, deleted lavasof web security and run after effect and premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue on a mac, the splash screen comes up. The program does it's usual opening sequence then disappears. Theres no evidence of it in activity monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated all installed apps to CC 2017. Nothing will launch. Tried launching Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom. Nothing launches. iMac, Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hagglebarger, Kabctvjohnlechuga,

1. Is there any error message?

2. Just for test, Login to Mac using a New Administrator account & try launching Premiere Pro.

macOS Sierra: Set up users, guests, and groups on your Mac

Please let us know the status,

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Expert,

I've just upgraded from Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 to Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.  I'm having similar problem.

This the Event log -

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 11.0.0.154, time stamp: 0x580880fc

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000033c574b6

Faulting process id: 0x1fc0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2370d33ccfe7c

Faulting application path: E:\Users\Adobe CC\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 20f51e28-257b-4c2d-ba23-5159d6cebba4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can you please direct me to how to go back to the previous version, until this gets resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it worked but I switched to the guest profile on my Mac and then switched back to mine. Adobe then detected an error and asked me to uninstall Premiere. I did as it asked and reinstalled it without my preferences and it has opened. I would still love to hear further information as to why this may have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jessicaboland101,

It can happen with uninstall & reinstall and also by trashing the preferences.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as hagglebarger. Premiere will not launch after upgrading to CC 2017 for Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Mac computer and have the same problem. My Premiere Pro won't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe about this same problem earlier today. It was a permissions problem that my folders were only set to read only and not read/write. Solved the problem!

fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Hopefully this helps someone else that is having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that didn't solve the problem for me. Tried to install and uninstall, still same problem.  If I bring up task manager I can see the "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe" running but I got nothing showing my side ... the splash screen comes on, goes away and nothing.

Navigated to my C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Adobe, removed the "read only" check and then ok the "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" ... this didn't solve the problem ... still the same as before?  My user account is Admin and I have full permission (full control) to this folder.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit, never had any issues like this in prior versions of the CC Suite, only after upgrading to CC 2017 then this problem?

Come on Adobe, it's 2016 surely your development team and you quality assurance team have knowledge of OS security settings and installations?

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I found a solution and know the cause of the problem.

SOLUTION:

1.  Reboot and make sure Adobe Creative Cloud app is NOT loaded

2.  Navigate to folder path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC

3.  Locate the file "Creative Cloud.exe" and highlight it (do NOT double click or run it)

4.  Right click on the file and select "Properties", now select "Compatibility" tab and UNCHECK "Run as Administrator"

5.  Reboot your PC

Now you can launch your Adobe apps again from Creative Cloud App.

PROBLEM:

I don't know why Adobe set compatibility to "Run as Administrator" on the "Creative Cloud.exe", they shouldn't do this as it's bad programming practices (FYI, I'm a software engineer with 36 years of Windows application development experience).

In addition, "Creative Cloud.exe" resides (installed) in C:\Program Files (x86) which is treated differently by Windows OS and has different security context.  To further complicate matters, the "Creative Cloud.exe" is a 32bit application (hence why it's in "Program Files (x86)") and Premeire Pro CC 2017 and other CC applications are native 64bit and reside (installed) in C:\Program Files which has an entire separate security context for 64bit applications.  This is going to cause all kinds of security issues with 32bit programs in their own security context trying to launch 64bit applications in their own security context.

And to further complicate matters, Microsoft often return a value of 0 (in most cases 0 is a good thing and means no error exception) when it fumbles into a security context violation ... fooling the developer/programmer into thinking the code executed successfully.  The reason Microsoft often do NOT provide proper exceptions for security violations is so that hackers (who are programmers too) aren't given any clues as to why something didn't work.

Hope this helps end users and Adobe developers.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting nowhere searching a half day through Adobe "support" forums and trying dozens of claimed "solutions", this post by robains is the ONLY helpful post that solved my problem of being unable to get CORRECTLY installed CC 2017 Apps (Ex.: Premiere Pro CC 2017) to run on 64 bit Windows 7.

Thank you robains for understanding more about Adobe software than the Adobe's own support engineers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible solution:  Hi all, I experienced this problem and this is what MAY have worked (it could have been co-incidence):

I uninstalled both Premiere and the Adobe CC app (possibly uninstalled the latter using the CC Cleaner tool, can't recall) then reinstalled both. Uninstalling then reinstalling Premiere alone (including getting rid of my preferences) hadn't fixed the issue.

I'm on a Mac running El Capitan (10.11.6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. And it already happened with Pr cc2014/15. Adobe, can you please get this crappy software finally to run? It never really worked and there are still bugs from CS6 present.

Funny thing though to google a bug and getting posts from 2009 telling me i should run the next update:))))))

7 years later!!!!

Sorry for being harsh, but your software is just not working and it's not profitable. Which runs people and companies into massive problems. We're losing clients over here!

And please don't tell me to reinstall. I'm working for for a huge company and i have to write a ticket for any update and for reinstalling. This can take days... Just not possible in the middle of a project:((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! It worked for two days after I installed but today it won't open my project.  Chris Hocking​ help?! Vidya Sagar​

I'm on an iMac Late 2013 and OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines