• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will consider trashing my preferences. But the last time I did that (at Adobe's suggestion), I severely regretted it. I had to go back and reset everything the way I want it, and it didn't solve a single thing!

So before I reset my preferences, I need to make sure I have the time needed to get things back the way I want them.

My faith in this option is very low in case you can't tell.  But I appreciate your input and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not saving it! I've got the same issues, cleared preferences and it didn't work. I attached a screenshot. The thing that is giving me trouble is the thumbnails, every time I have t restore the view. It is getting really annoying. Why can't it just save it? adobe premiere.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest version (14.2.0 (Build 47) believe it or not is even worse than before.  The Workspaces don't even recognize the 2nd monitor unless I manually move a window over to it.

Waveforms don't show up a lot of the times.

It's so aggrivating dealing with this software that they can't seem to get right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impalaboy,

There ain't no guarantee, and yea, I hate to trash prefs also. Had to do that with Premiere over this myself. Yuck. But I am back working.

There is another option, the "nuclear option" ... use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool  to completely uninstall and remove all traces of Premiere, then reboot, reinstall ... and see if that fixes things.

Been through that a number of times.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured out a fix!
Under "Window > Workspaces" Untick the "Import Workspace from Projects" option... I did that, closed down Premiere Pro and then reopened it, it had finally saved my preferred layout and opened it up by default!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been unchecked for months. That trick doesn't work on my system, but I'm glad it worked on your.

Are you using dual monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works when opening a previously created project. The issue I've been encountering is my workspace not loading correctly when creating a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (Sep 2020) on the latest version of Premiere and unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me either. I've been noticing this for 6 months or so but just kept dragging the project panel up to its old position but now that I've updated to the latest version I thought it would have ben fixed by now. I'm on a 2015 Macbook pro running High Sierra if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. Issue still remains when I create a new project 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project panel jump back to the top position everytime I restart the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new Mac Pro. Fresh Adobe install. Same old non-working Workspaces. Grrrrrrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow still absolutely no help or word from adobe! So glad im paying hundreds a year for this subscription!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site is primarily user-to-user peer support. With supervision by Product Support staff like @Kevin-Monahan .

At times a couple builds back I had this, but thankfully a different build ended it for me. Posting over on their UserVoice system so the details of your system and build gets to the engineers would be useful. That's how they get a lot of their user data for troubles.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I personally reported this bug more than 2 years ago so Adobe is well aware of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, it's been fixed for most users, including myself. The data then needed is who it's not fixed for. A 2-year old filing is useless for that, as there's no way they can know if it was fixed for X user particularly.

So ... yes, filing that you're still having it is necessary to get them usable data.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case... then they should know it's still happening for me
with the latest version of Premiere (relative to this comment's post date).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't filed a post on still having it, why would they know? Out of curiosity.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to confirm I am also still having this issue in Nov 2020. It's been occurring for the past year on two previous versions of premiere. I'm currently on the latest version on 2015 MacBook Pro running high Sierra. At least 4 other editors I spoke to have the same problem but none could be bothered to report it or post here etc. (all using Mac's if that helps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still a problem in 2020 babyyyyyyy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still an issue in 2020!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate,

I've had the same problem but solved in a Windows'98 style. #backtotheoldies

I've deleted all projects I've done (previously save them as backup, plzz), deleted all information about Workspaces and rebooted the mac. After it I've been able to open the Adobe Premiere PRO as new with the classic workspaces. Then I built a new custom workspace and hit save ONLY one time in the end.

Already quited the app and rebooted it and it's workin' fine. 

Hope this helps you!

cheers & merry christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following due to same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that "import workspaces from projects" is unchecked.

Try removing a custom workspace, then creating a new one to replace it. Save that workspace.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines