• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regretably, that does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're tired of trying things. Why doesn't Adobe just try to fix it?! There are enough people having this problem that it's clearly not an isolated issue.

I'm glad yours is working, Neil, but this ongoing problem for a lot of paying users that needs a FIX, not workarounds.

There's my rant for the day. Back to work. Have a nice day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of users having this as a proportion of the user-base seems fairly small, which is good overall but naturally sucks egg dung for anyone with the problem. And yea, I've been there with other issues. Got one myself that is probably not affecting you but ticks me off. Again, small subset of users. Which for that issue definitely includes me.

And yes, I routinely complain and urge others affected to do so. So feel free to continue to make waves here and especially on their UserVoice system, where all posts go directly to the engineer as at least one reads every post and logs it into their system. And also, all U-V posts are collated and sent to the upper managers (above the program heads) ... the people that decide budgets in reality.

I'd add that it is more difficult to figure out what the hay is causing the issue, when it's hard to replicate for the developers. Especially when The Fix that worked for the vast majority of users, isn't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 1/2 years since I submitted a bug report on this. Adobe has not reached out to me for more info, nor have they shown ANY signs that they are working on this. And this issue has been on the UserVoice system for more than 2 years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't tend to email individual users ... it's got such a massive user-base, I actually understand that. If EVERY person working on the app was tasked with communication with users with problems, they wouldn't get to everyone and nothing would get done on the app.

And while it isn't fixed on your machine, for the vast majority of users that had this, it was fixed by changes they made. Including on my machine. So, frustrating and sadly you and I have the joy of being in small groups where our issue isn't top of the hit parade.

Which is not to say it won't get fixed. Some small-base troubles are still fixed on a regular basis. I wish it were otherwise.

I do know that since they fixed this for most users, a couple people that still had the problem linger were able to get rid of it by wiping their OS drive with a complete reformat/reinstall of the drive. Then reloaded the Adobe apps first ... and things worked.

Painful process, but ... for a few, it worked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's only a few users, they should reach out to them. They've had plenty of time. They manage to create new software and new features, so why can't they fix the problems they have?

I started with a brand new Mac Pro in October. New Adobe install. Didn't import any Preferences or settings. Started as clean as possible..and yet the problem still exists! Painful process is right.

Neil, you should work for Adobe...you seem more concerned with helping their customers than they do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it's been a process. When I started with Premiere Pro several years back, and ran into typical noob issues, there were several people on this forum that gave massive assistance. Jim Simons, shooternz (Craig), Ann Bens, Harm Millard among others.

Jim's over at the BlackMagic forums now. I communicate with him occasionally over there as yes, as a contributing author at MixingLight.com, which is a pro colorist's teaching website, I do spend a lot of time with those who "live" in Resolve. And use it some myself.

Craig has retired, and is doing some pro stills after years of pro video.

Harm has passed, and Ann is still here thankfully. Her knowledge of the app dwarfs mine.

Jim and Craig were um ... curmudgeons, basically. Short, pithy answers. No concern for emotions. Not a single extra word. Both totally concerned with what gets the work out now, and really not that concerned with "what should be". Very practical guys.

And within my long professional experience, I've gone from using mentors heavily to being one. Then shifting the imaging process from stills to video, going back to being mentored again, and then ... mentoring.

Kind of "old home week redux" ... lol.

Yea, you and I and even the program heads wish they communicated with a few more individual users. But they have budgets & directives. Such is Life in a massive corporation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to edit my workspace and save it without undocking the media browser. and it works. everytime i tried to eliminate the media browser its gonna ruin my workspace all over again, but actually it was only the project panel that moved into somewhere that i didnt place it to before. I tried many times and my conclusion, the variable is on the media browser panel. worth the try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow your suggestion but I don't use the Media Browser window, it's always closed.

I am now on Premiere Pro v14.9.0 (Build 52) and the workspaces work as well as they did nearly 3 years ago when I reported the bug to Adobe.  I just don't understand why this issue continues for this long...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got so sick of all the issues with Premiere Pro that I tried Davinci Resolve instead... I loved it so much I bought the Studio version. Goodbye Premiere Pro, one less Adobe product for me to pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, with Resolve, you can't really change the workspaces ... so that fixes that problem!

Oh, you can't change the mappings of any control surfaces either ... like my Tangent Elements panel. Which is half-unused at all times in Resolve. As are all other outside kit, as their model is to provide the software cheap and get you to buy their hardware.

Which is fine ... it tends to be good kit, for instance I love my BMPCC4K ... it's just a different model. The user has far fewer options. Now ... the color control options, as that started as a color correction app ... are wondrous.

But I don't like the UI nor the editing process there. Some good friends totally love both. To each their own, naturally.

These apps are all fancy hammers. Just tools. Use whatever gets the job done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. The project window jumping to another workspace group, leaving it's saved spot from the previous day. I've noticed this since about 2018. I'm finally making an effort to sort it out. It's 2022. I'm currently using 15.4.0 (Build 47) and it has followed me through many builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this issue for years and on multiple Macs and different locations on different networks. The latest version inconveniently adds the Essential Graphics window into my Workspace. I didn't put it there. I don't want it there. But apparently Adobe wants me to have it there.

My project window shows up where it's supposed to (on the 3rd monitor)...sometimes. Other times it shows up in the Source Monitor along with the other tabs. And reloading my Workspace doesn't put it back where I saved it.

It still frustrates me every time I launch Premiere and have to put things back where I want them...again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this issue over and over, never rectified for more than a day.  At this point, several years later, I'm realizing that Adobe writes code and if we find it useful that is great, if we find an issue that doesn't work like is says it's supposed to, well then, Oh Well..., Sorry!  Luckily I'm not editing on AVID anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines