Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC and missing audio tracks for .mts files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I used to edit my .mts files with Premiere Pro CC without any issues until yesterday.

Now I import my .mts file (made with a Sony VG900) but Premiere doesn't recognize the audio tracks (that I can hear just fine with VLC).

I tried changing the extension in .m2ts but it didn't work, I also tried reinstalling Premiere but, again, it didn't work and I tried (I was desperate) to install Premiere CS6 just to check if maybe the problem was just about the CC version. Guess what? It didn't work...

I tried also converting the file with Encoder in .mp4 but after the conversion I can't hear the audio with VLC and, of course, it doesn't work on Premiere.

Do you think it's a Premiere issue or a file problem?

I used those same files for other videos (like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1X5vsZ-5yI) and I had no problems. Then I updated Premiere, I moved the files in other folder and the problem came to life.

Any idea?

(I'm waiting for my colleague to send me a new mts file just to check if I accidentally damanged the old ones).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

See the solution for issue #1 in this doc: Known issues in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (November 2016)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i just ended up doing was, i imported the Video CLip into Adobe Audition and then exported the wav to place into Premiere, worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MTS not seen in Adobe

Ya,

I tried this and Audition (and PP) tell me it's only a video, no

audio...even though it plays fine on

all the players...

markg

***LITE Your Bike !!!

Keep the Rubber side down.

Ciao,

mark

"SAVE YOUR Life, Ride ULtra BRIGHT, DAY And night"

.......__o

.......\<,

....( )/ ( )

חזק ואמץ

אין ברירה

Mark D. Goodley

100 Scholz Plaza PH-1

Newport Beach, Ca. 92663

949 642-5242

1112 Canyon Rd. #388,

Fawnskin, Ca. 92333

909 866 -2566

760 213 4958 Cell Phone

markdgoodley@gmail.com <markdgoodley@aol.com> Email

markdgoodley Skype.com Address

TBA Skype Phone to call (if online)

@newportcycling

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or

entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or

privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other

use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by

persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you

received this in error, please notify the sender and delete the material

from all computers. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i just ended up doing was, i imported the Video CLip into Adobe Audition and then exported the wav to place into Premiere, worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you were using MTS files?

A whole lot of people are having this issue with MTS... wondering if Sony

and Adobe locked horns somewhere?

m

***LITE Your Bike !!!

Keep the Rubber side down.

Ciao,

mark

"SAVE YOUR Life, Ride ULtra BRIGHT, DAY And night"

.......__o

.......\<,

....( )/ ( )

חזק ואמץ

אין ברירה

Mark D. Goodley

100 Scholz Plaza PH-1

Newport Beach, Ca. 92663

949 642-5242

1112 Canyon Rd. #388,

Fawnskin, Ca. 92333

909 866 -2566

760 213 4958 Cell Phone

markdgoodley@gmail.com <markdgoodley@aol.com> Email

markdgoodley Skype.com Address

TBA Skype Phone to call (if online)

@newportcycling

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or

entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or

privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other

use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by

persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you

received this in error, please notify the sender and delete the material

from all computers. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps but I've been having problems with mp4 files, audio missing when I import. when I first open a file it is empty before it makes a sequence. For some reason when I drag a file over when premiere is in this state it sees the audio. So I import all the files I want to use from the media browser, then I select all the mp4 files I want to use and drag it over to the sequence window and it sees the audio. I'm using Windows 8.1. I've never hand this problem before but this the workaround I'm using. Also it works when you copy the sequence, it copies the audio too. This sucks to have to work like this, I'm paying way to much money to have to work like this. Please adobe fix this problem for windows. Thank goodness I'm not doing anything to complex or I would loose my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a Easy Fix

After Updating to the latest version adobe Premier Pro CC

There are some changed that take place in your setting.

The media cache location goes to default location so the cache goes missing.

I had set my cache location to SSD : Z drive but after update that all changed to User/ Appdata / roaming / adobe / media cache.

so here is where Premier gets confused and does not reconstruct the cache files cause it looking for the original cache location.

The FIX

delete all the cache files in default location and also cache in folder that you created for cache all media.

Then in the preferences/media set up the new cache location.

now open your project in Premier

It should automatically start rebuilding your cache and

the .MTS file should now show audio wave.

No Need For Uninstall its just a bug. but a easy 10min fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame on Product Manager and Team. This bug has not been fixed since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally added .avi to the files and then it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys, I am so sorry this is the dumbest thing ever but HOW DO I CREATE A NEW FORUM QUESTION??

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please ignore that dumb question, I figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. audio files suddenly went missing from Premiere. I tried re-linking the footage but if didn't work.

So I made a new folder and copied all the footage and just created another path to relink. And apparently, that worked!

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gazj76317594  wrote

I had a similar problem. audio files suddenly went missing from Premiere. I tried re-linking the footage but if didn't work.

So I made a new folder and copied all the footage and just created another path to relink. And apparently, that worked!

Hope this helps.

This just worked for me.

But like a dummy, I updated to CC17.1.2 about an hour ago, thinking I only have one little easy project with one camera angle with one audio track that doesn't really need a lot editing.... pft, bang, zoom, now I had the audio missing issue which I didnt have until this morning. 2 hours gone, bang, zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saludos Cordiales.

Acabo de actualizar adobe al CC 2017 y Ya tengo este problema.

Anterriormente no lo tenia hace unos dias.

Por favor Corrijanlo ya de inmediato.

Solo deseo que cuando coloquen una actualización esté probada, y no nos cojan a los usuarios de conejillos de indias para a ver que pasa.

Me ocasiona gravísimos problemas en las ediciones que hago a diario.

Por favor Diganme algo urgente.

Gracias

Juan de Dios Ortiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saludos Cordiales.

Acabo de actualizar adobe al CC 2017 y Ya tengo este problema.

Anterriormente no lo tenia hace unos dias.

Por favor Corrijanlo ya de inmediato.

Solo deseo que cuando coloquen una actualización esté probada, y no nos cojan a los usuarios de conejillos de indias para a ver que pasa.

Me ocasiona gravísimos problemas en las ediciones que hago a diario.

Por favor Diganme algo urgente.

No funciona lo que dicen de Importacion de archivos desde navegación de medios. NO FUNCIONA.

Esto ha sido tras la Actualización a CC 2017.

Gracias

Juan de Dios Ortiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue: MTS file are imported without AUDIO after last upgrade. Before that, it worked fine.

Removing the *.pek files does not solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the solution for issue #1 in this doc: Known issues in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (November 2016)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really: it's a shame that adobe is carrying around this (and many other) problem(s.) for so long now. And bugs seem to get worse (my attempts on the  2017 version: it crashes. I even did a clean install of my os (win10). I open premierepro, create a new project (as with old ones it even crashes more), import clips, do some cuttings. Whoosh. I'll come back to 2017 somewhen next year. since then the 2015.4 will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI 13macfil,

Let product management know how you feel here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that certainly helps!

More importantly, this seems to be recurring. I mean this thread is from 2013 (originally) and we're coming up to 2017. What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed SF,

Glad it helped.

...this seems to be recurring. I mean this thread is from 2013 (originally) and we're coming up to 2017. What's up with that?

I hear you. You can let the developers know how much this frustrates you here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video on how to resolve the issue. Takes 2 mins.

No Audio after update? Premiere Pro CC Import Issue Fix! | Film Learnin - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked like a dream. Just updated to Premiere Pro 2017 and the same problem appeared with footage and audio apparently going missing.

I watched your video, followed your instructions, restarted Premiere and all audio and video footage was available.

An excellent result!

Thank you,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is truly sad. Same problems here. Sometimes a solution works, sometimes it doesn't. We figured we wouldn't have this kind of problem with a major format supported by Canon and others and Premiere pro, but this plagues us everyday. So ridiculous. Audio works sometimes, not others, randomly drops out and reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DBittermanEdge,

Weird. Does the audio become unpatched or do waveforms disappear in the timeline? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

The audio is just not linked. The clip icon shows a waveform but there's no audio in the waveform and no audio output. It will be about half the clips on any given import. Furthermore sometimes doing things like resetting the media cache will suddenly kick the audio back in, and then two days later we'll open a project and the audio is missing on a random assortment again.

I have seen threads like this on the adobe forums going back several years with people alternately suggesting various fixes: deactivate and reactivate; clear your media cache; trash your 'common' folder; rename to '.M2TS'; clear .pek files; etc. We have tried all these with varying levels of success (most recently the .M2TS solution). They work for a period of time and then the problem emerges again.

It's just such a bummer. Premiere touts it's ability to handle editing in native formats and it's ease of interpretation, but a major wrapper in use by major manufactures like Canon and Sony is still plagued with a Premiere interpretation problem dating back years.

We'd love to know we didn't have to waste an hour or two with this for every project, or experience the recurring disappointment, headache and frustration to find one that's been working has suddenly broken upon reopening it. I would be surprised if a few serious man hours of engineering exploration couldn't uncover the root cause of the issue but it seems that's not being invested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines