• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC taking FOREVER to export

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac (2013 imac and macbook pro, 24GB/16GB ram, etc) and Premiere Pro used to export just fine (~10 minutes for 3 minute 1080p video to h.264, everything pre-rendered) and now on both of my machines it seems like PP isn't able to use the rendered files EVEN when I select "use previews" because it takes 30-40 minutes to export now. As an aside, I have to render essentially every second of my timeline due to the nature of the footage & effects I'm using - my footage is image sequences of jpgs that are a weird size, the timeline is 1920x1080 though. Media Encoder isn't any faster, either. It doesn't matter whether I use software or CUDA accelerated export, either. They are all slow.

I'm getting no direct indication that there's an error - just that PP takes far too long to export. Unacceptably long. Rendering times are fine, so there's not a problem with my system there.

Thanks,

Henry

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Hi,

This FAQ may assist those that need help exporting faster: FAQ: How do I speed up rendering, exporting, or encoding?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah working with the latest El Capitan and Premiere and everything. Mac man. Exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain!! good luck w/ getting those projects out.  Wish Adobe would hurry up and make a permanent fix for these issues.  Meanwhile I'm planning on switching to PC when I can afford a proper build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy man!!

So badly wish something could happen. Sitting here catching up on everything Netflix ever made in the meantime.

Cheers dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith Pheasant,

Please ensure GPU acceleration is enabled for both Premiere Pro and AME.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right, but I'm having issues on Yosemite too. I run El Capitan on my iMac and Yosemite on my MacBook Pro (company issued--don't want us to upgrade yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two 11 hour exports of what should have been a very simple 7 minute video with minimal effects and it's clear that CC 2015, despite the newest update fixing the crash problem, is still having huge problems.  This was not fun to try to explain to my client why I couldn't send her her finished proof until 1am, even though I started the export at 2pm the day before. 

Seems to be directly related to the adjustment layers I have, one with a slight increase in temperature, one with a fast blur, and one with a light exposure increase. 

Any way I can get these effects in without causing crazy export times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also had this problem. Last week Adobe chat helpt us for several days very much with Adobe screen support. They really tried everything, find no problems and could not decrease the export time. Today I rembered that Microsoft had a huge security update on 9 dec. 2015.

We removed this today and it seems that the problem has been solved. The project about 1.30 min. (different cam sources, some grafic after effects, in premiere Lemutrie color and shadow&highlights) has been export in media encoder in 20 min instead of 3.5 hours before removing the update from Microsoft on the 9 december 2015. I found out that when I copy a folder to a other driver that windows lost the driver where the folder was on. I found out that the same problem exist on a other pc. Microsoft issue???

Microsoft and Adobe had in the same week the last updates. So it feels that when Adobe cc, pp, ae and media encoder does not work well that we think that the problem is in the last update of Adobe. I believe it's the combination of the last Microsoft update and the last adobe cc update.

Give it a try and remove the Microsoft update from 9 dec. 2015 and let me know your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!  I am on a mac, not a PC ... likely it is also related to the new OS X update though...maybe if I try rolling it back to a previous version it will fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed the previous version of AE without good results. So we using again the latest versions of premiere and after effects. Works great without the last update from Microssoft sucurity on the 9 dec. 2015.

With mac I don't no. Give it a try to rol back! Aks Adobe Chat remote support. they help great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. Everything worked fine until I updated to the recent version of Premiere Pro CC.

As an interesting note, when I first start the export, it renders the audio files almost instantly. But then sits idol while waiting to start the process of rendering the video, using only about 10-15% of the CPU while doing so. Then when it finally decides to start the video render, it jumps the CPU usage up to 85-90% like I would expect.

Something seems to be a bit wrong with this latest update in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  A 10 minute video with no effects is 5 gig and it takes 4 hours to render.  My Mac is less than a year old and Adobe Premiere Pro was working GREAT until their recent update.  Does anyone know if there's a place to report this to Adobe besides here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly the best way to get responses from Adobe is through twitter.   I tweeted at them and had a response within an hour, saying they were going to forward the info to IT marked URGENT.  Problem is, they did an update a few days after, everything seemed to be fine, and then a week later it all came crashing down again.  Calling IT was zero help for me, they did what IT always does: bombarded me with a million useless questions that did nothing to actually help, ignoring the fact that I was well versed in the issue already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  I may have found a work around.  just used Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015 and that seems to have solved it.  Same 10 minute video is now 173 MB and took 5 mins to render.  That tells me it's the export feature inside Premiere and not my settings, machine, virus protection or other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Really good to know.  I figured it was an export issue for sure, so that is more evidence towards it.  What did you do, just import the premiere project into media encoder??  I havent used encoder much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had never used Media Encoder either.  Yes, I brought the entire Premiere Project in and clicked around the settings.  It exported beautifully!  WHEW!  It's a Christmas miracle - HA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using CC 2015 last September (2015) on Windows 8.1 and until the last two videos I exported in the last week, the export times were fine.  Now it's taking 1 hour to export a 2 minute video, with no effects at all apart from video transitions, which I used many times.  What's going on?  Is there a fix for this?  And, no, I have no intention of upgrading to next version of Windows in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just coming here to say that my particular issue got fixed once I ran a creative cloud software update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! So glad it's not me who's the problem. I thought I was doing something wrong although I knew nothing I'm doing has changed. I think I'll just go back to CC 2014. Everything was great until I updated to 2015. I'm rendering a 3.5 minute video as we speak, and it's going to take 45 min!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jes2000,

Is GPU acceleration enabled for Premiere Pro? For Media Encoder? Please make sure that they are enabled for best results on encoding, especially if scaling is involved.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I always have GPU acceleration enabled in both. Like I said, everything was working beautifully up until about a month or so ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, with just basic color grading the export takes more than 2 hours for a 8 minutes video and crash. I had to export it without any correction and grade it on... Final Cut 7... it tooks 10 minutes to render. Please help Adobe, I'm so disappointed.

Premiere Pro CC2015

MBP 10.9.5

16 GB

i7 2,2 Ghz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SarahR,

Same problem here, with just basic color grading the export takes more than 2 hours for a 8 minutes video and crash.

Are you using any LUTs in your grading? If so, what happens if you remove them?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, perhaps you can help.

Same problem, 1:05 movie clip, nothing special, trimmed to that time, no effects, no color grading. On an imac i7 the Export Media to h.264 High Bit Rate same as source takes 2:01 to render and export.  On a new Mac Pro (3.7ghz quad, dual AMD d300s) clean install of system and only running Newest Adobe CC the same project takes 12 minutes for a 1:05 clip....

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HerbieDriver,

Hmm, that doesn't really make sense, does it? I would need to evaluate your precise export settings between the two applications, your hardware, etc. IOW, I think I need more info to truly solve your issue. One thing to check out is your Project Settings. Make sure the MacPro is using the GPU for the Renderer. The GPU can accelerate processes in certain cases.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin.

I will report back on Monday as I am not using the mac pro at this location... Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines