• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi g5dualpro2,

Sorry for the trouble. Please elaborate the encode issue. Is there a crash or freeze while encoding?

Share a screenshot with us if there is an error message.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just won’t encode as it comes up with an error. I’ve reinstalled the previous version. Seems a lot of people are getting these problems with the update.

Best regards

Brian Wheatley

Edited: Personal details removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERY SINGLE ADOBE APPLICATION on Mac is suffering from this issue.  PATHETIC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem- Premiere Pro will no longer open. It just stops launching about five seconds in. This is totally unacceptable. Please fix this immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK after some mucking about it seems if you just delete the 12.0 folders in ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Premiere Pro/ and ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/   ME and Premiere will launch and recreate the folders.  Doesn't seem to be much in there except font cache files.  No need to uninstall and reinstall, etc.

Beware though that the pref folders in Documents that contain all the Media Encoder presets and saved work spaces, etc. may get overwritten.  I fortunately had a Time Machine backup to replace the contents of the 12.0 folders but if you've had previous versions installed the contents of the 11.0 folders can be copied in to hopefully get most everything back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just found the hidden folders you mentioned, and did what you recommended (deleted the "Typesupport" folder).  It worked perfectly.  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I missed that step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have worked, but we really shouldn't have to go through failures, research and executing these types of bug fixes with updates.  Extremely frustrating morning.  Adobe, please be better at your jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

But sheesh Adobe, stop making your customers fix your software bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Finally. This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me - you have to delete BOTH the AME and Premier caches - Thanks Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem.  None of the steps that Adobe is proposing in this thread are working for us.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just followed the steps directly above this post and it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above works for me.  However, I am an idiot when it comes to latest annoncemnt on how to fix those items. 

I did create another user account and premiere opened just fine.  But now I do not have any of my "stuff" under my main admin/user log in.

I tried to do what it says but no luck yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered (still doesn't work) so it does not make sense to me about renamine all the folders and blah blah blah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're still battling this, mdrager. I think you may need our assistance on this one. Here's how to get ahold of us: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok and what do you do if only 1 of those folders exists on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here are the exact steps I took (on a Mac):

• Install the latest version of Premiere
  • In your Finder, go up to the Go menu
  • Click "Go To Folder"
  • Type "~/Library" and click Go.
  • Go to ...Library/Caches/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0
  • Delete the "Typesupport" folder
  • Open up Premiere Pro.

Hopefully this will help.  Worked great over here. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that did it on my end also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your simple solution JohnnyG. i just deleted the Typesupport folder and relaunched 12.1 installed premier that had been crashing. now launches and seems to be working with a previous project. didn't mess with prefs or renaming folders or permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked kick ass! erase that shit and restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this easy fix!  Can't believe it was that simple.  MAybe Adobe should hire you when things like this occor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnnyG2000 - your solution worked perfectly - thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nailed it with this!! Nice job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem occurs when rendering with the hardware acceleration but the rendering works with software only while encoding h264.

Premiere stop working after 53%, system became very slow but need to restart also after force quit.

Running on mac 10.12.4 -  GPU RX 580 -  32GB Ram

empty cache, reinstall didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines