• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downgraded PP, AE and ME and everything working fine now.  I'll wait at least a week before jumping on another upgrade again.  I'd love to try the new upgrades, but I'll wait until I hear there are zero bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Rename to OLD" worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my premier won't launch after update and i'm apparently not alone...for real? this is the second premier update in a row that has caused major, time-consuming hassles trying to track down and sort out. really disappointing last time, kind of infuriating this time. really, guys get it together. these updates should be seamless and simple to the customer. they should just work. thanks for the answered "fix" you posted, hoping it works but what a PITA.

just fyi, on an I-Mac 10.12.6, 32 gigs of ram, the Nvidia driver is updated.

UPDATE: i just deleted the Typesupport folder and relaunched 12.1 installed premier that had been crashing. now launches and seems to be working with a previous project. didn't mess with prefs or renaming folders or permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem too. 2 different macs - both die on the splash screen at startup. We downgraded back to Premiere 12.0 and now have glitches in various clips that worked just fine this morning. This suck. Anyone bother to test this before it was released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through an manually deleted/renamed files and reinstalled 12.1 as instructed and it seems to be working now on my mac. Fingers crossed that there are no more issues. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip trevorb, worked for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution provided worked.

Shouldn't be a problem in the first place, but at least you had a solutions this time as opposed to the 'apple changed their system' excuse you used on a prior major update that bricked the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Premiere refuses to open, you'd think when you release an update it should just work -- without having to fiddle with all the library preferences and such.  Installed old version and voila!! worked as normal.  Would be nice to get refunded for every month when an update doesn't work when released, it's like when you return a defective product to the store... you get refunded or replacement with a working item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to new features. I just installed new version of PPro, AE, and Media Encoder (and other apps) on working Windows system. PPro, AE, and Media Encoder crashed on startup immediately (no splash), Windows returned a hex code of 0x5.  I downgraded to 12.1.  Media Encoder still crashed as CC app auto installed latest version of Media Encoder again. Removed Media Encoder and re-installed 12.1. All is now fine again.

Love this software, but this is terrible and time was lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the new update (AGAIN). Had to level back down AS I GET THE SAME RESULTS. THE PROBLEM OF CRASH ON WINDOWS 7 PRO WITH 0X5, NO START SCREEN CRASH is NOT fixed. 12.01 is again working fine. Maybe someone like Kevin-Monahan​ can respond please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a 5K 2016 iMac and having the same thing.

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 1:26 PM, BasicFilmmaker <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. Started a new thread to get attention. Adobe (Vidya Sagar) responds the 0x5 is a known error being worked on. Current solution is anyone running Intel and nVidia card should disable nVidia card (blech). Haven't tried it yet, but I'm running with the new thread since I got an answer here: Re: Latest update just installed CRASHES on launch (again). Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem. I made the MISTAKE of asking for help from Adobe Support. The tech, I know he tried but he uninstalled my 12.01 to put in the same 12.0 which he then deleted all the short cut key settings that I liked to use. Now I have to go and recall what the Premiere version of what I like to use in Avid.

Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pathetic, this should work without any flaws considering the price for the subscription. I messed up a very urgent editing job for this shit. No words, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downgraded to the last version and Premiere is still not working.  What happens is it cannot reconnect files that are offline and just stays in this state of trying to reload media.  Pinwheel spinning non stop.  Have restarted my Mac many times to no avail.  I am on a deadline and this is incredibly frustrating.  I don't know why Adobe releases updates when they aren't properly tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I went back to the older version to work on my project. It sucks when this happens Adobe. FIX it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started a new project that I output yesterday and it worked fine. This morning, I rebooted a more long term project and I realize I have this to contend with. Seriously? Posting here to echo the above frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. No-go on Premiere or Media Encoder latest versions. Not fiddling around in the Library and renaming folders. Downgraded to previous version until latest versions of Premiere & Media Encoder are stable (a.k.a. launch).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, extremely frustrating. Sitting with clients in the room while I try to troubleshoot and play programmer. Going through the ridiculous steps only to now attempt downgrade. Nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this solved the issue for me. Just don't let it happen again Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Old_foldername solution worked BUT all my keyboard preferences and layouts are lost! AND now I found I have to do the same waste of time process to get Media Encoder to work. Requesting a refund on this month's subscription for every person here who has been effected by your M**K UP Adobe.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about free access to the adobe stick library for a week? I wasted half a day’s production sorting out this problem

Best regards

Brian Wheatley

for and on behalf of The Multi Media Market

www.multimediamarket.tv

www.birminghamweddingvideo.co.uk

www.midlandsweddingvideo.com

Tel: 07887 655728

Filming • Editing • Graphic Design • Presentations • Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has the WORST quality control of any software company I have ever experienced. EVERY software update you have released in the past year has had MAJOR issues causing countless hours of customer frustrations. Thanks again for killing our productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HawkMM  wrote

Adobe has the WORST quality control of any software company I have ever experienced. EVERY software update you have released in the past year has had MAJOR issues causing countless hours of customer frustrations. Thanks again for killing our productivity.

I've been curious about this for years; @Kevin-Monahan, do you guys do, like, any QA testing at all before you push these updates...? The feature where you permanently deleted users' media when they had their media cache saved next to originals was bad enough, but a widespread bug where users can't even launch the app? How on earth does that get through QA........?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines