• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brainburst1  wrote

I love it when someone that clearly has no familiarity with coding accuses someone else with being unfamiliar with coding. Moreover I love it when they make logical conclusions that prove that they wouldn't even make good programmers if they tried!

"1- A "Broken code" does not affect some users while sparing others... It affects everyone."

Broken code can exist within any subsystem of a program. If broken code only reveals itself under certain conditions that might not be applicable to everyone, it still means the code is broken if the condition is not unusual.

"3- Debugging is very different from system to system, If i'm not mistaken, Adobe debugs and tests on fresh systems, while ours have tons of software, leftovers, etc."

Debugging that does not include testing under typical user conditions is not debugging. This is especially true of products like Adobe's that do not completely replace previous versions. A product that is deployed upon systems in situ must test under the normally expected conditions one would find in situ. Debugging and testing only on fresh systems when the majority of your users are no longer installing that way is testing/debugging malpractice.

I had initially typed out a similar response, but ultimately deleted it.  Thank you for making these points clearer than I would have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be pleased to answer your Deleted response (or what I remember of it)
When windows 8.1 was released, some users went to Apple, but the majority complained by just downgrading to 7. Not by calling other people idiots.

Shaming and wailing is acceptable, but calling people idiots, especially people who are giving from their time trying to help is NOT acceptable. And this is referring to Derjis's comment a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, it was both HawkMM​ and Derjis​ who should not belong to a professional community where good and respectful 'communication skills' are the key to success... HawkMM mentions that I make 'idiotic statements' and Mr. Derjis is monitoring his favorite parts in my statements, because they think that they know better than anyone else does here .... my favorite part is that when Derjis teaches Adobe about how they should shape their business !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77  wrote

Shaming and wailing is acceptable, but calling people idiots, especially people who are giving from their time trying to help is NOT acceptable. And this is referring to Derjis's comment a few days ago.

Interesting. I don't remember calling anyone an idiot...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@derjis it was your friend HawkMM and you added your 'favorite part' to his comment which is worse !!!

and I checked all your posts on the forums, all of them, blaming Adobe, accusing them for not following up

with their updates, since 2014 you are blaming Adobe on the forums, why during that time you didn't go learn

and use other software ? or are you here just for nagging and mocking other people ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carlosz13485882  wrote

@derjis it was your friend HawkMM and you added your 'favorite part' to his comment which is worse !!!

and I checked all your posts on the forums, all of them, blaming Adobe, accusing them for not following up

with their updates, since 2014 you are blaming Adobe on the forums, why during that time you didn't go learn

and use other software ? or are you here just for nagging and mocking other people ?

If you've been trolling through my old posts, then you've obviously figured out that we're moving to a Resolve-based workflow, although we keep Premiere around so that we can easily work with older projects; we maintain the subs primarily for AE, at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this can refresh your memory

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 4.01.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Chris for sharing this, and THIS should be reported to Adobe Moderators here on the forums,

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77  wrote

Maybe this can refresh your memory

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 4.01.50 PM.png

I don't mean any disrespect by this...but is English your second language?  Your screenshot shows it was HawkMM who said it was an idiotic statement.  Not the same as calling you an idiot.

Now, to be fair, he strayed much closer to calling you an a-hole.  I'm surprised that's not your complaint.  As for calling you an idiot?  He didn't.

(I imagine the mods will be along soon--this is spinning out of control.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, English is my second language. And the entire post and reply was rudely condescending.
They showed disrespect, they got their answer, it's done.

Now we are at the level of discussion on how to keep our systems in acceptable typical conditions, and how to solve similar problems. Because each of us will likely have a similar issue with Adobe AND perhaps other software. There is essential steps that we always need to follow (Other than turn it off and back on) before blaming the developer for crappy programming, and ridiculing people who are trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77  wrote

Yes, English is my second language. And the entire post and reply was rudely condescending.
They showed disrespect, they got their answer, it's done.

Now we are at the level of discussion on how to keep our systems in acceptable typical conditions, and how to solve similar problems. Because each of us will likely have a similar issue with Adobe AND perhaps other software. There is essential steps that we always need to follow (Other than turn it off and back on) before blaming the developer for crappy programming, and ridiculing people who are trying to help.

People are having legitimate problems and you took the time to invalidate their experiences because it works...for you.  Posting "it works here" isn't viewed as helpful.  It's irritating.  Insinuating it is the users fault is insulting.  Taking the position you did is viewed as being antagonistic.  That's why you got the responses you did.

There are emotionally charged people posting their problems, and you seem to be suggesting a) those problems don't exist or b) they are somehow the fault of the paying customer.  Neither of these approaches will make you friends.

I've only skimmed these comments--but that's what jumps out at me...for what that's worth.  Have a pleasant day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster​ so you also agree with HawkMM and Derjis in their impolite behavior because they are emotionally charged !

Why ? because I stated 'it works here' and that there is nothing wrong with the update then paying customers should be irritated and emotionally charged ? why don't they look at it from another perspective and ask in a polite way 'what assets are you using' that work for you without issues and of course I would have helped just as I was helping others in my other posts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster
1- I only jumped in when a condescending statement was made against another user who was only trying to help.

2- I commented way after a solution was marked.

3- We cannot help people who merely comment "Adobe is garbage", and then insult us when we reply that "it's working fine with us, there is something wrong with your system".

4- We are here to help people with problems, and seek help ourselves when we have a problem. Don't call my solution or observation and "Idiotic statement"

5- When someone is disrespectful, not only I will invalidate their experience, I will invalidate their presence on this forum.

6- Finally, the reasons that led YOU to react against me, are the same that led me to react against other users, which I rarely or never do.

7- I am definitely not interested in being friends with disrespectful people, and in this case. Those same problems exists and happened with me countless times and it definitely is a mistake from the paying customer and we are trying to help! If your system is messed up, it is your fault, not Adobe's. We are trying to help, dont disrespect us.

If you really want to play judge, I suggest you really read through the comments instead of skimming them. Just to be able to make a more fair judgement.

From this point forward, I prefer to keep this conversation with it's actual purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU GUYS, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ADOBE WANTS: POINTLESS INFIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES! The real enemy we need to be fighting here is Adobe, with their stubborn refusal to do even the most basic QA testing on their products, forcing their paying customers (all of us, I assume...?) to be beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We pay a hilarious amount of money to Adobe EVERY MONTH for the privilege of... software that won't even start...? How is that acceptable to anyone here? If I'm leasing a car and I can't even drive it off the lot because the engine won't turn over, I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and be, like, "OH TOYOTA, YOU LOVABLE SCAMP LOL THAT'S OK I'LL JUST KEEP DRIVING MY OLD CAR WHILE PAYING YOU EVERY MONTH FOR A CAR THAT DOESN'T WORK"

Or, better yet, "IF THE BRAND NEW CAR I'M LEASING DOESN'T WORK, IT MUST BE MY FAULT... "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, if you don't change your oil every 6 months... Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77  wrote

It is, if you don't change your oil every 6 months... Just saying.

What...?

"If I'm leasing a car and I can't even drive it off the lot because the engine won't turn over"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning in the round of ADOBE customers.

In my view, the dissatisfaction, the frustration, is also a bit of hate,

on ADOBE and your homemade products.

ADOBE and its managers do not listen to your customers and for years.

The ADOBE managers like to talk about new features,

with which the respective software is impersonated.

At the core of your software, but nothing has happened for years.

Software is certainly, as you can read it here, an emotional topic.

I too can not speak freely about it!

On the other hand, the whole thing is also an economic topic, and a topic of good work processes.

If a software does not start after an upgrade at many workstations,

the support says "there are no problems"

or the problem is not with us "that is a problem in an operation where 20x suites do not start.

If job's with PNG's complete chaos, that's a problem

for all those who, for whatever reason, have PNG images in their sequences.

Even with some jobs, this is not a matter of 1 or 2 minutes to replace it with PSD or Tiff.

And! That was only tested at the customer!

At the same time we have seen a video of the NAB in this bug, as Patrick tells what else there are for great things.

I do not want any new little extra tools.

I want to have a stable, performant, manageable editing tool that my users can use.

Also! We buy our cars and pay for our software!

There is nothing stolen!

If the licensing policy were different,

then maybe we would only have to lease 50% of the licenses we currently rent from ADOBE.

But we do our part of the business.

We expect the same but also from ADOBE!

The whole thing has become here in the forum,

at the artists' home,

but also rocked up with us.

But that's because you do not see any perspective on ADOBE,

except to transfer money every month or year.

To the clean system.

The system maintenance is certainly such a thing.

However, where was the system maintenance to blame for the PNG problem?

Also, the systems have not started, I do not see as a problem of system maintenance.

For those who think it's all about system maintenance,

but also the ADOBE managers, I like to provide a clean, newly set up system in which when pressing Play, Premiere neither in the record window of Premiere Pro nor on the I / O monitor plays its image. There is also no error message.

Unfortunately there are too many places in Premiere where you can make settings

to correct this or other points. The artist loses or has no overview of the various places where things can be changed, so that once again the technology has to take care of something like that.

A point that bothers me, but also problematic for us in Europe,

is the way ADOBE "License Technically Thinks"

The user should have admin rights!   (Clean System ?)

In my opinion, this is not compatible with the EU-DSGVO,

but also problematic in a company with several employees.

After an update, I mean of CC17 had normal users,

suddenly right to install software!

According to support a feature.

I mean that's a scandal!

That too should not be compliant with EU-DSGVO!

Basically, we have nothing against ADOBE and your managers!

Only do your job!

Take care of your developers doing their job!

Strive to understand your customers.

These are the first time that pay your rent!

After that, these are the artists who work as co-workers or freelancers on our systems.

First optimize the kernels of the software, then come the nice to have's.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derjis  wrote

We pay a hilarious amount of money to Adobe EVERY MONTH for the privilege of... software that won't even start...? How is that acceptable to anyone here? If I'm leasing a car and I can't even drive it off the lot because the engine won't turn over, I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and be, like, "OH TOYOTA, YOU LOVABLE SCAMP LOL THAT'S OK I'LL JUST KEEP DRIVING MY OLD CAR WHILE PAYING YOU EVERY MONTH FOR A CAR THAT DOESN'T WORK"

Or, better yet, "IF THE BRAND NEW CAR I'M LEASING DOESN'T WORK, IT MUST BE MY FAULT... "

Ummm, yeah.  First off--when you tried to drive your brand new car, did you wear brand new clothes?  Because if you're wearing old clothes the car probably won't start--and that's on you.

The car I leased started up just fine, so there's no way your car didn't start.  No way.  Unless you messed that car up somehow.  Cars are either entirely defective, or work 100%.  That's how manufacturing works--you probably don't know.

Oh and by the way-did you steal that car?  Or did you fill it with stolen things?  Have I insinuated you're a thief yet?  Cause then your car probably won't start.

Wait--why are you yelling at me?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77  wrote

7- <snip> If your system is messed up, it is your fault, not Adobe's.

Mind.  Blown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and by the way Mr Tomahawk oh sorry HawkMM​ assumed im using windows 10 and that windows 7 and mac os are experiencing the issues ... WHILE THE OPPOSITE IS THE FACT !!! he wants Adobe to test on his Windows 7 maybe 'HOME' edition with a 20 year old HDD and a 2GB RAM ... MR Tomahawk, one of my machines runs Windows 7 'Ultimate' on a Core i7 with 16GB RAM and a Nvidia Quadro K2000 with 3 1TB 7200rpm HDDs and Premiere runs with no launching issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris_z77  wrote

4- If you are not happy with Premiere, why not move to a different platform and spare us the useless nagging and frameless complaining that does nothing except clutter the forums?

chris_z77  wrote

How is this not moving the goalposts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster

How is this not moving the goalposts?

Not everything that is acceptable have to be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derjis suggested that Adobe have a Broken code within Premiere. I think your answer better explained what I am trying to explain. "Broken code can exist within any subsystem of a program. If broken code only reveals itself under certain conditions that might not be applicable to everyone"

I believe debugging was tested on typical conditions, and that's what I meant by Fresh system. I think you agree with me on the fact that a system that witnessed at least 4-5 versions of premiere, tons of plugins, maybe some pirated software, even malware, is not the typical conditions Adobe runs their tests on. What I'm trying to explain, is that instead of blaming Adobe for the non-typical conditions of our systems, we need to approach issues with a better mind. And since some few users experienced this problem, and the obvious solution was already stated, it believe the culprit is non-typical conditions rather than a broken code in premiere.

Again, I believe you better explained what i'm trying to say. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I believe debugging was tested on typical conditions, and that's what I meant by Fresh system. I think you agree with me on the fact that a system that witnessed at least 4-5 versions of premiere, tons of plugins, maybe some pirated software, even malware, is not the typical conditions Adobe runs their tests on."

A typical system most certainly is NOT a fresh system. For the last 3 years anyone on CC subscription will almost CERTAINLY have previous versions. Which is why I am calling it debugging malpractice if they don't test under conditions that will be true for the majority of their subscribers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines