Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

I believe I have the answer for you.

I had the same error. Tried the same steps as you did, even tried a different desktop and different locations to Project manage to and didnt work I then found that if I unticked the box (Include preview files) then the project manage worked without the unknown error at the end. Hope this helps.

LuMags​

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Had the same issue and found a workaround. Made a new project an imported the main sequence from the original project in the new one. Used the project Manager on the new one and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Hi,

I had the same error today (July 24, 2019) on the latest CC update of Premiere Pro. I tried unchecking "include preview files." That didn't work. Then I went back and tried unchecking "Export Media Files to Match Clip Names." That didn't work.

Then I tried unchecking "Exclude Unused Clips." That worked. I was finally able to export the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did uncheck audio conform and also preview - it finally worked after about 10 tries. What a nightmare. But thanks for the great thread here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soh much...this has been bugging me for ages and your solution worked. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god, it work. This needs to be marked as the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This has been plaguing me! Your tip worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE you so much .. it so FU>>>> work .. 

thanks pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. THANK YOU!
P.D. Bramsen

www.king-of-glory.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I've been trying to find out what the error was for hours... glad to have found this answer, it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man. You save my ass!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Finally it worked!!!
This should be marked the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my goodness thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This fixed my problem, too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and found a workaround. Made a new project an imported the main sequence from the original project in the new one. Used the project Manager on the new one and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me! Bingo! Thanks so much Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too, just as I was about to give up. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error on Premiere CC 2019. If it's almost a year. Has Adobe made recommendations to this issue? I will try turning off Preview files for now but that shouldn't be fix as some of my clients would like to have to files as well. Anyone from Adobe care to officially answer this questions? it's almost a year since it came up as a post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as well. On top of that my footage keeps going black while editing in PP. My Graphic card is a 1070 gtx. I'm tired of adobe lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just found some nested sequences in my cut. I suspect that's what was getting me the error. What I did was export the sequence I want to consolidate as it's own Premiere project, then select the same options in the project manager. It presented me with the names of the other sequences that are nested in the sequence I'm trying to output. I selected all of them, no issues. Bug fixed. Much more organized than sorting through the project manager window in my giant project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more than a year, no any official updated version of PR to solve this PB? SAD! Lucily there's a solution workaround, thanks robgwilson!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same error today (July 24, 2019) on the latest CC update of Premiere Pro. I tried unchecking "include preview files." That didn't work. Then I went back and tried unchecking "Export Media Files to Match Clip Names." That didn't work.

Then I tried unchecking "Exclude Unused Clips." That worked. I was finally able to export the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines