Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019
When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work 😞Still not workingStill not working

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that removing the .mov or any special characters on any of the files being Transcoded worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but no.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I had to get rid of all my .braw files. I opened the folder that all the files were being copied to and sorted by date added, so I could see where it failed each time. So if you are working with Blackmagic Raw then maybe that's an issue too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .braw files are 100% the issue for me.  I've had this same problem in the past with mixed media (mp4, .mov, and .braw)  I couldn't get the project to "collect files and copy to new location" no matter what boxes I checked or unchecked.  Then I removed the .bdraw clip as a test and it worked flawlessly!

For that project, I had to transcode the .braw clips I was using to .mp4 and replace the original camera media in the sequence.  (I was sending the sequence to be finished by another editor.)

But now I'm trying to collect files in a project that is exclusively .braw for VFX work that will need the ORIGINAL .braw data and I think I'm screwed.   Can't get the sequence to collect and copy and don't see a workaround.   ADOBE, please fix this bug!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to figure this out? I need someone to color correct my project and I have to send it to them. I am using braw files and it is not working. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having this exact problem right now on premiere using braw files I have no solution atm very frustrating need to send this to get colored and now I can’t smh. Let me know if you find a solution 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same issue. I unchecked/checked every box there is. No luck. All .braw clips. Damn...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, still not fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked all the options. chose a local file location and then copied to my external drive

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have work for some people, but turning off the INCLUDE PREVIEW FILES seems to be the best solution, judging by all the likes under the comment by brettc42277808

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had success after unticking 'Rename Media Files to Match Clip Names', previously I had unticked all the other 'Options' boxes, restarted, changed directly to desktop and cleared cache.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files" is not working for you, try keeping the project file in the same folder that you're trying to save the whole project to. This worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me nothing worked until I downloaded and installed the most recent BRAW Adobe plugin from the Blackmagic Design website.  After updating that everything worked perfectly!  Make sure you have the latesst update. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for me. I'm running PP2020 and used to be able to project manage just fine. But I tried to project manage a recent project and kept on getting this error. I've tried literally everything--I've duplicated the project file, I've created a new project file and imported the sequence I'm trying to manage, I've unchecked all the boxes suggested, I've tried saving it to a different HDD. Literally the same error every single time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. I am having the same problem, and from looking at this thread, the problem has been around for 2 years. That's the problem with having a monopoly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and none of the suggestions in this thread are helping me.

Also, this thread is labelled "Solved".

It's not.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved this issue by creating a new project and copying just the relevant sequence into an empty project, then running Project Manager out of that project instead. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I don't even get that to select?  I have no audio files on my sequence

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad that this STILL does not work with BRAW

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue in Feb 2021, after trying several things, I figured out the issue. Amongst all .mov and .mp4 clips there was a clip with .avi format which was causing this. After deleting that clip i was able to sucessfully project manage it. If you can't delete it, change the format to mp4/mov. Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope!! It didn't worked!! Thank you anyway. If you found aot another solution might be okay if you share it with us. Best.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John, 

What did not work ? What did you test ? Are you running "Collect & Copy" from the project Manager ? Did you try to untick "include preview files" and "include audio conform files" ? 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for answering. It seemed to work perfectly and then..
Nothing. The same thing.

Best.

[image: Image 3-2-21 at 2.04 PM.jpg][image: Image 3-2-21 at 2.04 PM 2.jpg]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines