Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

I believe I have the answer for you.

I had the same error. Tried the same steps as you did, even tried a different desktop and different locations to Project manage to and didnt work I then found that if I unticked the box (Include preview files) then the project manage worked without the unknown error at the end. Hope this helps.

LuMags​

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Had the same issue and found a workaround. Made a new project an imported the main sequence from the original project in the new one. Used the project Manager on the new one and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Hi,

I had the same error today (July 24, 2019) on the latest CC update of Premiere Pro. I tried unchecking "include preview files." That didn't work. Then I went back and tried unchecking "Export Media Files to Match Clip Names." That didn't work.

Then I tried unchecking "Exclude Unused Clips." That worked. I was finally able to export the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 111 Replies 111
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS - NO MORE "UNKOWN ERROR", NO RENAMING ALL YOUR FILE MANUALLY

Step 1: Export an AAF of your timeline

Step 2: Create a new project

Step 3: Import the AAF you just output

Step 4: Consolidate using the new project and AAF.

Seriously, Adobe, I shouldnt have to find round-about hack methods to acheive professional standards. Test your software... Issues like this "Unkown Error: plague this program and make it difficult to justify relying on in a professional space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

Sorry for the frustration.

Seriously, Adobe, I shouldnt have to find round-about hack methods to acheive professional standards. Test your software... Issues like this "Unkown Error: plague this program and make it difficult to justify relying on in a professional space. 

These are user to user forums. Express your dissatisfaction to the Premiere Pro product team here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "include preview files" fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

For those experiencing this issue, please upvote this bug on User Voice: an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry t....

Full documentation on the feature is here: Consolidate, transcode, and archive projects

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to export a sequence using this method a lot of proxy's clips not used in the sequence are copied in the location and it takes a lot of time every time I did it. Anyone know what's happening?¿ The clips and proxys are not in the sequence but the admin tool still cpoy all of them... May be it's a cahe error? I tried to delete all media cache files and cache files but still happen...

If anyone can help me it will be great!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! 
As you have issues with the Project Manager, you should try PlumePack ! 
It's a Premiere Pro plugin which makes the same job than the Project Manager : Consolidate your project, but with more features / options and with less bugs. 
The "Collect & Copy" feature is FREE ! https://www.autokroma.com/blog/PlumePack-is-now-FREE
About proxies, if you just copy your project you can choose to include them or not with a special option. 
Best,
Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thread. I am experiencing this horrible thing now. After copying 731GB for hours it gives the horror message and upon closing the dialog box it deletes all files. How annyoying. I have tried it 6-7 times in different ways, SSD (external) and also WD Elements. Now trying without audio and preview. Let's if that solves it. I called support and they told me to try on a different drive but as it turns out drive is not the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it doesn't stop with Adobe Premiere Prosumer!

Why was this thread closed when it clearly hasn't been solved??

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/project-manager-quot-unknown-error-quot/td-p...

Using PlumePack now.  I would be completely embarresed if another company had to come in and solve something I was supposed to be able to do.  But not Adobe, seems like they relish the opportunity to alienate users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem was resolved after removing Caption Presets I created earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dude! This worked for me thank you so much for posting this!

I had tried pretty much every trick in the book, unchecking preview files and audio conform files. Renamed files to make sure they did not have special characters, cleared up cache and deleted proxies. Glad I finally found something that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking all the boxes didn't make a difference for me, but importing the sequence into another project and then using the Project Manager worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines