• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project structure doesn't reflect physical project structure after "Collect files and Copy to new location"

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

Hello,

I have a bigger project where there has been made a sync via "Plural Eyes" which creates XMF files.

Now Ihave a timeline which includes all the material and a lot of bins (like 20). Before I start editing I want to create proxies of the 4K material. So I thought that the option "Collect files and Copy to new location" would be a good start to merge all the used clips/files into one bin. It took a while and premiere copied all the used files into one folder like expected. Everything seemed perfect.

When I open the new merged project, the project structure still shows me all the different bins same as before! That's strange! I expected to see one folder with all the clips into it, like it actually physically is. When I right-click on a clip in the timeline (or a bin) and ask for the properties, it tells me the right physical location (merged folder with all the clips)

Why isn't it being reflected in Premiere Pro? Why do I still see all the different bins?

I hope I made myself somehow clear. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Pierre

@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

The fastest way to accomplish this would be to use the search bar in the project panel and use it select all your video files (if you search *.mov, it will list you all the mov files, and so on).

Then select all the displayed files and drag them to the new bin icon.

Then do the same for audio files.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project management part of PrPro doesn't always do what it seems it should do for the various options available. It confuses me enough that with my projects which tend to be on the small side, I don't use it ... I do all my project organization work manually in the OS.

But for larger projects, that's ... a right pain.

Maybe Kevin-Monahan​ could be available and pop in. He knows that part of the app pretty solidly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

thanks for your reply!

Now, after sleeping over it, it kind of makes sense how Premiere handles this. The project management of Premiere with all the bins etc. is completely decoupled from the physical order of files. This gives you the ability to order/manage files in a very complex manner without physically moving them.

What I'm looking for is a function which would "merge all bins" into one (or two-> with the ability to separate between video and audio). The Project Manager could have an additional check "merge all bins into one".

Is there a way to merge all video and audio files into two separate bins?

Thanks

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fastest way to accomplish this would be to use the search bar in the project panel and use it select all your video files (if you search *.mov, it will list you all the mov files, and so on).

Then select all the displayed files and drag them to the new bin icon.

Then do the same for audio files.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Seb,

of course! Thanks for your help!

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines