• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies and full resolution are not matching

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on one sequence without proxies, but it was taking too long to work on it so I decided to make proxies for the rest of the project. However I noticed that when I switch views from proxie to full res the clips don't match the timing (they are the same clip, but the part in the sequence is not the one I had before). Some of the clips work just fine, but the ones I edited before I had proxies are all over the place.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about when you turn off the proxies via the monitor button, is it playing back OK then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I found out what was going on since the exported version didn't match what I edited. So I used the monitor button to check it. It's not with every clip, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you make the proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right clicked the clip - Create Proxy - H.264 1024x540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happend to me when I created 25 fps proxies for 50 fps original files using Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

When using GPU it was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clips that I'm using was a screen recording - it was 23.46fps and after the proxies it became 22.93fps...

But I couldn't choose it on the preset - should I have created a preset for it then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem: framerate for proxies need to be the same as the full resolution.

Best is to make proxies inside Premiere: Select clip in Project window > right click > proxy > create proxy (use Cineform or Prores)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you might want to conform your sources to a standard frame rate before you make the proxies.  Certainly a smart move if you anticipating combining any of the material with other frame rates.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines