• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OMS_AK,

So you've purchased entire machines that are having the issue?  Or just the graphic cards?

We have a 12 core Mac with D700s that we are testing on. It didn't have the issue when we bought it. We can't reproduce this issue on this machine either.

We had a customer with a 12 core Mac with faulty D700s. We are testing the customer's faulty D700s with our Mac, as he was kind enough to lend us the GPUs.

If you can't duplicate it, why not start with the whole machine and work your way down?

The issue does not exist in Software Only mode. The problem definitely has to do with the GPUs. Also, I'm not an engineer so not completely qualified for all the how's and why's of QE testing. They know what they are doing, believe me.

Not new.  This has been going on for 16 months and you can't duplicate it...

If you're not new to the thread, then you know that we've been trying to duplicate the issue for some time now. We can't. Our exports look fine.

how hard are you trying?

It's a bug. It's filed. We're testing. That's pretty much it.

Are the faulty machines magically fixing themselves en route to your testing facility?

Most Mac Pros do not exhibit this behavior. That's why we probably can't reproduce this issue in house. I really do not know why only certain D700s are faulty and others are just fine.

Listen, I know you're upset and want a better answer, but that's all I have for you right now. In the mean time, exporting via H.264 in Software Only mode is the only workaround we have for you.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I suggested that you purchase an entire machine that is experiencing an issue so that you can experience it for yourself.

Honestly Kevin, maybe you should consider buying out one or two Mac Pros from Adobe customers who are experiencing the issue (I'll remove myself from the pool of potential sellers, I just want to see this fixed). It'd give Adobe a chance to observe and begin to troubleshoot the issue, as well as generate some good well by showing us that you're actually interested in fixing the problem.  There's enough people in this forum who have lost business from this over the last year, and maybe it's time for Adobe to have a little skin in the game.

You responded:

Yes, we're already doing that.

You are not doing that.  You did not purchase or borrow an entire Mac Pro with the issue, you borrowed graphic cards.  You later stated:

...We are still testing the faulty D700s (GPUs not the entire machine). No results yet.

We had a customer with a 12 core Mac with faulty D700s. We are testing the customer's faulty D700s with our Mac, as he was kind enough to lend us the GPUs.

I'm not trying to be nasty here, but this is frustrating.  You can't reproduce the issue, because you've never acquired/borrowed/traveled to a machine with the issue.  That's cool that you won the lottery on your test machine and it's not displaying any issues... how about doing a temporary trade with someone on the forum who is experiencing the issue?  It'd be a win-win... they could get back to work and provide for their family, and you'd have a complete machine to test that is experiencing the issue.

Kevin and Derjis, yes I'm sure Apple is also at fault here.  Yes I've talked to Apple support and they're swapping out my machine.  I talked about this a little on post 633 when I ran the temperature tests, it may be a hardware problem, but plenty of other GPU heavy programs run just fine at extremely high temperatures.

Also:

The problem definitely has to do with the GPUs. Also, I'm not an engineer so not completely qualified for all the how's and why's of QE testing. They know what they are doing, believe me.

So the problem "definitely has to do with the GPUs", but you have damaged GPUs and you can't duplicate the problem?

Get an entire machine that is experiencing the problem, then run your tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello OMS_AK,

Honestly Kevin, maybe you should consider buying out one or two Mac Pros from Adobe customers who are experiencing the issue

Sorry, I don't think that is very feasible at all. Nice idea, though.

As I understand it, we've tried that but have not been successful. Most people are using their computers and cannot part with them even for one day.

you've never acquired/borrowed/traveled to a machine with the issue.

I don't think we've been able to do that yet. We don't have an army of field tech or anything like that. The best we've done is acquire the faulty GPUs of a customer experiencing the issue. Sorry if that is not good enough for you.

It sounds like you are having your own GPUs looked at. I hope if fixes your issue.

how about doing a temporary trade with someone on the forum who is experiencing the issue?

I'm sure engineering has already tried that but I can ask.

So the problem "definitely has to do with the GPUs", but you have damaged GPUs and you can't duplicate the problem?

The problem likely has to do with GPUs because encoding works perfectly without them.

We can't duplicate the issue with our 12 core Mac and its GPUs.

We haven't completed our testing with these GPUs. We just got them.

I've tried. Easier said than done.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Honestly Kevin, maybe you should consider buying out one or two Mac Pros from Adobe customers who are experiencing the issue

Sorry, I don't think that is very feasible at all. Nice idea, though.

Adobe can't purchase a $5000 - $8000 computer (likely with Apple Care) from one of it's customers, to resolve a "top 5" problem that's gone unresolved for 16 months (and resolve future problems that may occasionally be related)? 

how about doing a temporary trade with someone on the forum who is experiencing the issue?

I'm sure engineering has already tried that but I can ask.

My new one should be arriving in the next few days.  The moment it experiences issues, I'll be more than happy to do a temporary or permanent trade for your working machine.

I've tried. Easier said than done.

It may have been a joke, but @Transposition Films just offered.

Would anyone else be willing to temporarily or permanently trade their Mac Pro for Adobe/Kevin's perfectly functioning 12-core model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OMS_AK @Kevin-Monahan Trade, for sure!

I know it's probably more complicated than all that, Kevin, though we'd probably almost be happy to just ship you the machine and use our 5,1 instead for however long it takes you to diagnose. If that's even an option let me know and we can make it work. Not sure where you guys are though - we're in Vancouver, Canada.

Also, if there are diagnostics we can run for you or tools we can try to help out your engineering team, we'd love to do that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello TF,

I know it's probably more complicated than all that, Kevin, though we'd probably almost be happy to just ship you the machine and use our 5,1 instead for however long it takes you to diagnose.

That's cool. Can you PM me? I can put you in touch with engineering. We're in San Jose, CA.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier said than done.

Well, there you go.  16 months into this "top 5 issue" without Adobe acquiring or even borrowing a machine with the problem, and it only took 12 minutes (posts 652 & 653) for someone to volunteer their Mac Pro upon asking the forum for help. 

Thank TF for stepping up!  Please keep us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - some information to (maybe) help shed some light on this issue.

We did a GPU render with all monitors unplugged. Clean render.

We then rendered with our 4K Asus display plugged into the machine via Thunderbolt. Glitchy render.

Plugged in a 1080p display to the HDMI port and rendered. Clean render.

Again tried rendering with the 4K Asus plugged in. Glitchy render.

Tried the 1080p display over HDMI again. Clean render.

Then we tried with the 4K display plugged in, but at 1080p. Clean render.

Tried 2560x1440 on the 4K display. Glitchy render.

At this point, it seems like having greater than 1080p resolution on a display seems to at least effect the issue. We're going to test this a lot more, but at this point that is what we have noticed.

For all you having the issue, what port(s) are you using for your displays, and at what resolution? Do you have render glitches when you disconnect all displays? (try using screen sharing to remote control the machine to start the render).

Our Mac Pro did work initially, but then at some part we started noticing issues. It *could* have been when we purchased the 4K monitor, but I'm not sure.

UPDATE: With further testing, we're still getting the render lines. It does seem to be less severe, but just one is too many!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread after experiencing this problem ourselves and am utterly shocked and dismayed at what I'm reading. 

Seriously?  16 months of this and neither you nor Apple can get your "sh*t together to fix this issue that's destroying your professional customers productivity and profitability?

Borrowing or even buying a machine to help sort this out isn't in the budget of a company with a 40 BILLION dollar market cap?

Perhaps FCPX isn't such a bad idea after all...come on Adobe you can and MUST do better...thank you.

PCG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kidtreo I switched to FCPX and while it may be frustrating in it's own ways, I can sleep knowing I won't have green lines in my exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello PCG,

neither you nor Apple can get your (profanity removed MOD) together to fix this issue that's destroying your professional customers productivity and profitability?

Sorry for the frustration. I've been trying to get a fix for quite some time, actually. It's not an easy problem to solve, but we are making progress. We have arranged for a system that exhibits this behavior being shipped to our lab, thanks to one of the users on this thread.

In the mean time, you may want to explore this potential solution: Re: RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Borrowing or even buying a machine to help sort this out isn't in the budget of a company with a 40 BILLION dollar market cap?

An investigation is currently under way. That's a good thing. Sorry that it's taking so long. PM me if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello OMS_AK,

Adobe can't purchase a $5000 - $8000 computer (likely with Apple Care) from one of it's customers, to resolve a "top 5" problem that's gone unresolved for 16 months (and resolve future problems that may occasionally be related)?

No, expenses like that are simply not available in our budget. Again, we do not have unlimited resources.

My new one should be arriving in the next few days.  The moment it experiences issues, I'll be more than happy to do a temporary or permanent trade for your working machine.

Well, hopefully it won't experience issues. If it does, PM me. Engineering has exchanged gear for temporary testing in the past. I'll see what I can do.

Would anyone else be willing to temporarily or permanently trade their Mac Pro for Adobe/Kevin's perfectly functioning 12-core model?

I can ask enginneering about a temporary trade. Regarding a visit from us: is anyone living in the San Jose area experiencing the issue? Maybe we can have someone visit your studio.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not new.  This has been going on for 16 months and you can't duplicate it...     

Additionally, the initial cause of this problem was Apple's laughably broken implementation of OpenCL. The OSX update Apple released last June (it took them, what, 4 or 5 months to get around to fixing it?) solved the issue for the majority of nMP users.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but why all the anger directed at Adobe for what seems to clearly be a hardware problem? Adobe didn't build the cards.

Have you been hassling Apple support to fix this? Have you had the "Geniuses" swap your cards for new ones? Replacing the cards has been successful for some users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For us the D700 12 core systems seem to be working fine. Our issue is mainly with the 6 core D500 systems. Randomly get lines on export when OpenCL is enabled. Exports fine when it's just Software acceleration. I can talk to my boss and see if we might be able to send one for testing as well if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my Mac Pro 2013 in for repairs as things just got worse and worse. Since receiving it back the lines stopped appearing for a while in exports, then they appeared ONCE... since then, I always make sure to let the mac cool down before exporting and haven't had the lines since. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

For reference I am running a 12 core D700 system.

This seems to be a heat issue, as has probably been mentioned earlier in this thread. I have only had the problem occur as we enter winter (in Aus) and I like to keep my office pretty warm.

Anyone with experience in overclocking GPUs will have seen artefacting occur in video games etc. when the card is clocked too high and can't dissipate heat fast enough. It surprised me at first that Apple would allow anything in their computer to overheat, I mean hell the computer is designed for peak thermal efficiency! Maybe they got a bit overconfident in their design? Anyhow.

I ran some tests to determine whether the inbuilt cooling was operating at peak efficiency and, lo and behold, the fans were never spooling up to even half of their maximum RPM under load!

The good news is you CAN force fan speeds higher, AND the solution is simple and cheap.

Purchase a piece of software called TG Pro, available here: TG Pro - Control fan speeds, monitor temperatures and find faulty sensors in your Mac. It costs $15, which is bloody nothing. The software has great live diagnostics and sits in the toolbar with your other apps.

Go into Preferences > Fan, enable Fan Control and set it to Auto Boost. Then make yourself a list of rules that dictate the fan behaviour - mine looks something like this:

Increase fan speed to

100% when Average CPU Temperature is above 80C

80% when Average CPU Temperature is above 75C

60% when Average CPU Temperature is above 70C

I have no idea whether this is the most efficient set of rules but it works! Since making these changes I have had no rendering issues whatsoever since implementing these changes, and I a usually editing and rendering simultaneously so I push my system pretty hard! Let's just hope it keeps this way!

I hope that this helps you guys get back on the road!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

For reference I am running a 12 core D700 system.

Go into Preferences > Fan, enable Fan Control and set it to Auto Boost. Then make yourself a list of rules that dictate the fan behaviour - mine looks something like this:

Increase fan speed to

100% when Average CPU Temperature is above 80C

80% when Average CPU Temperature is above 75C

60% when Average CPU Temperature is above 70C

I have no idea whether this is the most efficient set of rules but it works! Since making these changes I have had no rendering issues whatsoever since implementing these changes, and I a usually editing and rendering simultaneously so I push my system pretty hard! Let's just hope it keeps this way!

I hope that this helps you guys get back on the road!

Thanks so much for posting this. I hope that others can try this out and post their findings.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

We've tried the same thing with smcFanControl, but it didn't resolve the issue for us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

This has been a huge nightmare for me the past 6 months, and I'm glad (well sort of) that there's others out there that are yelling about it. I was about to send my machine back in for a new CPU and GPU, but it looks like it may be something more complicated.

HOWEVER, I HAVE FOUND A FIX (for my machine anyway). Which makes me think that it could be CPU related and/or heat related, as others have stated before. Let me say that this works every single time, I've completed over 100 1080 and 4k-6k renders without a single glitch. If I have anything open, even a damn Finder window, it's 150% guaranteed to do it. I'm lucky that I have a laptop that I can work off of during renders, but it is still a huge obstacle for my workflow and work schedules. Here's what I have to do:

- close all other applications, everything and don't touch the mouse or keyboard

- give AE/PP all of my available RAM (for me thats 29GB and 3GB left for whatever else)

- walk the f**k away and let it chew away

Here's my machine specs along with my 4k monitor specs & resolutions:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

Adobe CC 2015

Model Name: Mac Pro (late 2013)

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 12 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: MP61.0116.B11

SMC Version (system): 2.20f18

Illumination Version: 1.4a6

Dual AMD FirePro D700:

Chipset Model: AMD FirePro D700

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-2

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 6144 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x6798

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-C3861J-687

gMux Version: 4.0.11 [3.2.8]

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.687

Displays:

ASUS PB287Q:

Resolution: 3008 x 1692 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Connection Type: DisplayPort

Television: Yes

ASUS PB287Q:

Resolution: 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Connection Type: DisplayPort

Television: Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOWEVER, I HAVE FOUND A FIX (for my machine anyway).

Can other people please try this??

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn’t work; Tried this months ago.

Also tried it with previews disabled; minter turned off and unplugged.

Heat isn’t an issue because FCPX will push up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit and renders come out looking fine (I’ve tested with Dragon 6k rendering to different formats and resolutions in both applications).

This still continues to popup in my console when premiere and AME are launched:

7/8/15 3:18:21.331 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.4 instead of 10.10.4. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

7/8/15 3:18:21.333 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 0 CarbonCore 0x00007fff9547c2b7 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 113

7/8/15 3:18:21.333 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 1 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff9253cc13 dispatchclient_callout + 8

7/8/15 3:18:21.333 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 2 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff9253cb26 dispatch_once_f + 117

7/8/15 3:18:21.333 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 3 CarbonCore 0x00007fff95405456 GestaltSystemVersion + 987

7/8/15 3:18:21.333 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 4 CarbonCore 0x00007fff954046e3 Gestalt + 144

7/8/15 3:18:21.333 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 5 GPUFoundation 0x00000001012b9ad3 ZN2GF10InitializeEbbbPvS0 + 771

7/8/15 3:18:21.334 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: 6 DisplaySurface 0x000000010001778d _ZN2DS14GPUSnifferMainERSoj + 317

7/8/15 3:18:21.349 PM GPUSniffer[2843]: : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn’t work; Tried this months ago.

Also tried it with previews disabled; minter turned off and unplugged.

Heat isn’t an issue because FCPX will push up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit and renders come out looking fine (I’ve tested with Dragon 6k rendering to different formats and resolutions in both applications).

This still continues to popup in my console when premiere and AME are launched.

Thanks for posting this heyitsvo. I'll have engineering take a look.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just brought up my console and launched Premiere...same result!

----------------------------------------------------------

7/9/15 8:36:46.160 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.4 instead of 10.10.4. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

7/9/15 8:36:46.160 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 0   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff915332b7 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 113

7/9/15 8:36:46.160 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8a973c13 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

7/9/15 8:36:46.160 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8a973b26 dispatch_once_f + 117

7/9/15 8:36:46.160 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 3   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff914bc456 _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 987

7/9/15 8:36:46.161 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 4   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff914bb6e3 Gestalt + 144

7/9/15 8:36:46.161 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 5   AdobeCoolType                       0x00000001091b6c32 AdobeCoolType + 3122

7/9/15 8:36:46.161 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: 6   AdobeCoolType                       0x00000001091c8569 AdobeCoolType + 75113

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.4 instead of 10.10.4. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 0   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff915332b7 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 113

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8a973c13 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8a973b26 dispatch_once_f + 117

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 3   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff914bc456 _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 987

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 4   CarbonCore                          0x00007fff914bb6e3 Gestalt + 144

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 5   GPUFoundation                       0x00000001012b8d33 _ZN2GF10InitializeEbbbPvS0_ + 771

7/9/15 8:36:46.242 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: 6   DisplaySurface                      0x000000010001778d _ZN2DS14GPUSnifferMainERSoj + 317

7/9/15 8:36:46.265 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

7/9/15 8:36:46.265 AM GPUSniffer[7736]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.4 instead of 10.10.4. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

Call location:

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 0   CarbonCore                          0x9b971291 ___Gestalt_SystemVersion_block_invoke + 135

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x92aa8130 _dispatch_client_callout + 50

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x92aa80b5 dispatch_once_f + 251

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 3   libdispatch.dylib                   0x92aa90d8 dispatch_once + 31

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 4   CarbonCore                          0x9b8ea69d _Gestalt_SystemVersion + 1050

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 5   CarbonCore                          0x9b8e97c0 Gestalt + 150

7/9/15 8:36:46.356 AM Adobe QT32 Server[7738]: 6   QuickTimeComponents                 0x990d511c TextATSUIComponentDispatch + 352

7/9/15 8:36:46.387 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

7/9/15 8:36:46.387 AM Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015[7733]: [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In searching the Googles, I've found that there's a plethora of issues regarding AMD/ATI (non Nvidia) cards and OpenCL with Adobe products. These issues go all the way back to PP release 7.0/7.1 and most of the threads just end without any sort of conclusion, so it's fair to assume the problems still frequent our workstations.

Those that posted console logs all have the same error (some amongst other errors): [CL_INVALID_OPERATION] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve device information! Invalid enumerated value!

Below is a link to one of these threads that was referenced by an Adobe rep here. Kevin, I also noticed that you have also been involved with some of these previous conversations.

Performance crippled by 7.2 update - GPU Acceleration

In the mean time, I strongly urge everyone to keep running tests, especially the workaround that I posted a few posts up. I'd love to grab a few extra AMD cards, a mother board and another CPU and do the swap myself, testing everything along the way, but I just don't have the means to do it. I'm also leaning back towards OpenCL being broken...even though it's been a known issue for 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.  when I was working at Coca-Cola we had purchased 6 new MacPro trashcans. Two 12-core and four 8-core.  They all came with AMD cards and we had several issues with PPro, etc.   My personal system is a beefed out iMac 2013.  I back installed to Mavericks in order to use CUDA with my Nvidia card and the visual issues are gone but with the upgrade to CC2015, I find I'm having a lot of new issues - particularly with audio on export, waveform not showing in preview and unable to mute audio layers, even with automation disabled.  Talked to a guy yesterday in LA who is a CreativeCow guru, and he's excited about the possibility of Davinci Resolve 12 coming out next month as being a game-changer for Mac editing.  Could very well take center stage in NLEs running on the Mac platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines