• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverse Keyframes in Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a few transitions as custom presets. But now I want to make an exit transition version for each one. I assumed there'd be a reverse keyframe option like in After Effects but it's not here.

Does anyone know how to reverse the position of multiple keyframes in Premiere Pro? And does anyone know of a plugin, custom mod, etc. that can do this?

**NOTE: Before anyone links/mentions it, I did see an old thread about reversing keyframes, but the solution does not work at all. Basically it said to: Create a dummy image/clip, nest it, copy-paste the keyframes on the nested sequence, and reverse the nested sequence to see the reversed keyframes. However, if I make a preset of the "reversed" effect, its keyframes are automatically un-reversed and put back to normal by Premiere. So if I drag the new preset on my intended clip, it'll just behave the same as the original preset I intended to make a reverse of. And even if I manually copy the reversed keyframes from the nested sequence and paste them on a normal clip, the keyframes still un-reverse themselves.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add preset to clip.

Reverse all keyframes manually in the ECP,

Save as new preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at my editing computer now to try it, but I found this:

Reverse keyframes

In the Keyframe Editor in Motion, drag a selection rectangle to select the keyframes to reverse. Control-click a selected keyframe, then choose Reverse Keyframes from the shortcut menu. The keyframes are reversed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Motion as in Mac 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL. I worked on that app as a QE. Wish I could say more....NDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and there's no such option. Also control-click just lets you select more than one keyframe, it doesn't open up any shortcut menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that you can't trust Google Search results.  img0370.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and there's no such option. Also control-click just lets you select more than one keyframe, it doesn't open up any shortcut menu.

By @defaultdb3e9gl13f2s

That is correct, Motion as described by Bob is a FX program for the Mac.

Bob thought Google was giving him a solution for keyframes in Motion in the Effect Control Panel of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines