Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings not syncing between CC 2018 and CC2019

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have different layouts saved in CC2018, as I work on both a laptop and desktop, so I have customed workspaces for each. I have been able to successfully sync these layouts with different machines I work on. (In a television station where we have 10 edit bays and you never know which one will be free, as well as my laptop when I am in the field) When I upgraded my laptop to add (CC 2018 is still on the machine) CC 2019 it will not bring my layouts across at all. The syncing says it is downloading from the Creative Cloud, but none of my previous layouts are moving into CC 2019. All machines are Windows 10. I don't think it has anything to do with my individual account, I tried it at home on my personal account and had the same results (also a Windows 10 machine)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

So with the help of tech support (sort of-- they weren't successful but then I had an idea and it worked) I have figured out how to get your setting across if they don't sync.

(On a PC -- Mac is similar I've heard but I'm not 100% sure where it is)

Navigate to Documents --- Adobe --- Premiere Pro --- 12.0 to get to your old seetings. You should see 2 folders. "Profile 'name'" and "Profile CreativeCloud-" copy the contents of each folder into the corresponding folders inside the 13.0 folder. The Cr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you recently synced those settings up to the cloud? I think you have to do that at times manually.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are all in the cloud within the last month or so. I even brought them onto my personal machine this morning on CC 2018 with the Sync from a different account option, so I know the cloud knows them, the cloud apparently has an issue telling 2018 settings to go to their new home of CC2019... maybe I just need Billy Madison to give it a good talking to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it when these things don't read the rules they're supposed to work on. Wonder what setting is off where?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Over the layout setting, i can't sync also the keyboard setting! I've got the keyboard setting file, but if i go to the classic path c:adobe: bla bla bla, to the keyboard setting folder and paste my old keyboard setting, premiere doesn't show my shortcut setting... It's a bug or what? I changed from win 7 to win 10 to do this premiere pro update, but maybe it was better if I stayed with the old version.. lol...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was already on Win10 when I updated, but all my settings including custom keyboard, workspaces, and presets came 'across'.

And sync seems to be working fine.

What the ... ? ... is up with your systems? Wish I had an idea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What idea?? Yes premiere pro 2019 works fine, also windows 10 pro works very well on my workstation hp z820... The "strange" situation it's only that my win 10 it's in Italian, but my keyboard it's the original USA setting (it was an Avid keyboard)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, what joys this app doth make ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem; 2019 is not syncing anything from 2018. I don't want to have to rebuild my keyboard settings, effects settings, and all that. I thought this was one of the main points of syncing settings. Will stay with Premiere 2018 until this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be reading all that from the preferences folders on the machine. Huh.

Finding where the 2018/12.x builds preferences/settings folders are on the machine and where 2019 has put it's own, then copy/pasting should get at least the .kys file over.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only setting that didn't cross from 2018 to 2019 (that I've found) was Auto-Save duration.  Everything else was fine so I never double checked, until I had a full crash on a big project.  Went to open an Auto-Save and found it was from 15 minutes prior.  I always set auto-save timer to 5 minutes.  So I had to manually change that.  I'm thinking from now on I need to give everything a once over after every update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So with the help of tech support (sort of-- they weren't successful but then I had an idea and it worked) I have figured out how to get your setting across if they don't sync.

(On a PC -- Mac is similar I've heard but I'm not 100% sure where it is)

Navigate to Documents --- Adobe --- Premiere Pro --- 12.0 to get to your old seetings. You should see 2 folders. "Profile 'name'" and "Profile CreativeCloud-" copy the contents of each folder into the corresponding folders inside the 13.0 folder. The CreativeCloud folder seemed to be the key one in getting my edit spaces and keyboard shortcuts moved across. Not 100% sure how the divide what goes into the CC folder vs the folder with your name but copying the contents of both folder was the key to success for me.

I don't 100% know it for a fact, but my guess is the CreativeCloud folder is created when you try to do a sync within Premiere Pro... so if you don't see that folder I would say try a sync to see if it appears.

This method hasn't failed me yet when the Sync does. Working at a TV station with 10 edit bays plus a laptop for the road has meant getting to know this process intimately, as most times the sync fails. (Although not always, so don't know what is up with that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines